You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Broughton responds to criticism of Rafa’s departure

StevieH

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A non executive chairman makes a very executive decision whilst seemingly all too concious of the watching media.

I hope Broughton is as concious of the fans desire to see Kenny Dalglish appointed the next manager of this club.

I think so many fans getting behind Kenny is more likely to put them off giving him the job. They will want their man in their who i going to do what they tell him. Probably dont want someone who can get the top players to stay as they would want the money from selling them.

So why is Broughton getting flak all of a sudden? He did a Q&A recently and people on this very forum were saying how well he came across. What has changed apart from the manager?

Or have I just answered my own question?

I think Broughton and even Purslow are being way overstated at times on here.

I think you've got a point there mate, but I can understand why people want to pick everything they do to pieces because everyone is understandably worried about the future of the club and their role in it. The email does seem quite petty, and it's concerning that he emphasizes media opinion as being important for a club which always used to do it's business behind closed doors. Surely the decision should have been made based on what is best for the club from a football standpoint, and the media response to it should not be of any concern?

Or maybe they are not, maybe Broughton did not really want to waste his time to reply to the nonsense realred had written but did so to be polite and just made it short.

Exactly. His reference to the media was merely a statement that very few people think it was the wrong decision.

1) He's a Chelsea fan who attends official Chelsea events and gobs off

2) He was brought in to sell the club "within months", he's still here getting his feet under the table

3) He's running BA into the ground and now running us into the ground

4) He consults the media when it suits him and his paymasters

is there a bigger cunt they could have found to run LFC? I doubt it

So why is Broughton getting flak all of a sudden? He did a Q&A recently and people on this very forum were saying how well he came across. What has changed apart from the manager?

I think it's just a result of everyone feeling so frustrated, impatient and totally helpless at the current situation. People want someone to blame and people want to know what's happening to our club - but the fact is, nobody knows. There are too many conspiracy theories and rumours floating about, yet nobody has any idea what is happening.

Broughton and Purslow are now the face of LFC and as long as things are in a mess then they're going to take a lot of stick. Neither can do anything right apart from announcing that the club has been sold, which can't happen soon enough. I can't take much more of all this, it's such a complete mess.

All well and good Johnny but what does that have to do with Broughton? It just smacks of a lash out blame someone else culture to me.

John at times your so fuckin naive!!!

Whats Broughton doing at the Club in the 1st Place?

Wasn't Purslows job to sell/find investment?

This is same Purslow that told us he'd have investment by Easter.

The Club being run are by FINANCE MEN,who haven't a fuckin clue about football,Dalglish is now reported to be at odds with Purslow.

Purslow will favour Hodgson over Dalgish,because Dalglish will stand up to him and that little poisonous Cunt couldn't handle another Rafa situation.

Get your head out of the sand,Purslow would sell Torres and Gerrard in a heartbeat for a £100m and give Hodgson £50m to go and find replacements, and then try and convince the masses that we spent OUT usual budget.

I know your a decent Red, banter aside WAKE FUCKIN UP !!!!!!

Since the Q&A, Broughton has been at some Chelsea dinner allegedly telling people Torres may have to leave for his own good (or something along those lines). These comments have not been denied so it's probably fair to assume he did say them, especially as we now know he pays so much attention to the media.

As for the change of manager, while many of us did not want him to leave, some of us wanted him to stay partly out of concern over what his departure might signal. Why, if we are getting new owners soon as was Broughton's main remit, did they feel the need for a change of manager at this stage, especially IF that manager is not going to be the interim appointment of Dalglish?

Care to comment?

I always took Broughton's comment to 'Charlie' as the club was so fucked it would take three years to sort and Torres wouldn't hang around.

I think they all come in with good intentions, thinking "hey we're top business people, how hard can it be" and they meet Twit and Twat and find out otherwise.

Broughton sounds chippy in that mail, probably because he's realising how impossible the cunts he's dealing with really are. Getting stick for Rafa as well might be the excuse for the churlishness (you could barely call it a snap).

Actually Charlotte Jackson denied them on twitter the same day.

I didn't notice that, has it been posted on here? And didn't she relay those comments herself first hand?

She of course could have been covering her own back, it's not good for a journalist to reveal their source. Broughton, or the club, has made no comment to my knowledge.

Here's an idea if people have a problem with Broughton, then be vocal about your concerns on what he's doing to rid us of the Americans, drop this fucking Benitez agenda, he's gone, for what they and many others deemed good cause.

I've wrote that Rafa going was best for all parties. Broughton can still fuck off, some of you seem to want to cut him slack because he got rid of Rafa.

As for the change of manager, while many of us did not want him to leave, some of us wanted him to stay partly out of concern over what his departure might signal. Why, if we are getting new owners soon as was Broughton's main remit, did they feel the need for a change of manager at this stage

I think he'd have gone as soon as the season finished but for the pay off. The board were waiting for him to go to Juventus, Rafa wouldn't go without the pay-off.

When the Juventus job was filled it was decided to force the issue and take the hit on a pay off.

All well and good Johnny but what does that have to do with Broughton? It just smacks of a lash out blame someone else culture to me.

Broughton has been brought in to sell the club. It appears that after a number of months he is no where near close to doing that and now we will not have new owners this summer and so no player investment, thus resulting in the departure of Torres and Gerrard at the very least.

I agree that people are lashing out. I agree that blame is been cast far and wide as people are pissed off at the state we are in. And some people upset with Rafa leaving are blaming everyone and anyone for any ill.

But, so far, Broughton has not done his job and as each day passes we get more in debt and closer to losing the only players capable of maybe getting us back into the Champions League and thus able to attract the better quality players.

I'm pissed off. However I'm somewhat relieved that most of the Anti-Rafa/Pro-Rafa stuff has died down barring the odd battle and as such this place has been a lot better recently. But I dread to think what may happen if the man in your avatar is appointed as, for quite a few, he is seen as significant step back from what we had, and this will cause more rifts. We may want to think that reference to Rafa will stop, but in reality there is no chance of this as the new manager will be judged by the last whether we like it or not. The only way this won't happen is if Dalglish gets the job but I don't the club are fully aware of how important a step giving Kenny the job would be as it would unify the support instead of causing another great managerial split.

I think he'd have gone as soon as the season finished but for the pay off. The board were waiting for him to go to Juventus, Rafa wouldn't go without the pay-off.

When the Juventus job was filled it was decided to force the issue and take the hit on a pay off.

So leave him be then, what's the problem IF we're getting new owners?

If he really wanted to go he'd have cracked before the club did.

I've wrote that Rafa going was best for all parties. Broughton can still fuck off, some of you seem to want to cut him slack because he got rid of Rafa.

No, not at all, the only thing I'm interested in is what he is doing to aid the sale of lfc, what he was brought here to do. Manc, Chav, bluseshite, whatever, if he can do the job he is supposed to be doing that'll do for me. At this moment in time I haven't seen an awful lot to suggest he is doing anything but picking up a fat pay cheque though, and that's what concerns me right now, not the reasons behind our ex managers departure and what role he played in it.

I didn't notice that, has it been posted on here? And didn't she relay those comments herself first hand?

She of course could have been covering her own back, it's not good for a journalist to reveal their source. Broughton, or the club, has made no comment to my knowledge.

Yes it was posted on here, and she's evidently saying she didn't. The obvious implication is that the journalist who published them misrepresented her. Not sure why Broughton or the club should give it any credence when she's denied it.

No, not at all, the only thing I'm interested in is what he is doing to aid the sale of lfc, what he was brought here to do. Manc, Chav, bluseshite, whatever, if he can do the job he is supposed to be doing that'll do for me. At this moment in time I haven't seen an awful lot to suggest he is doing anything but picking up a fat pay cheque.

My concern that as a Chelsea supporter, and not just a 'I support Chelsea' but an active supporter, he shouldn't be anywhere near our club when he can sanction sales of the likes of Torres.

I think he might be still sore about Rafa leaving.

But its not as if hes wrong about Broughton. Why did he bring the media into it?

I have to admit im growing a little more paranoid by the day that they have a plan to get a "yes" man in, sell off as many players as possible and cling onto the club.

I mean we know Hicks idea of sports ownership is basically "doesnt matter if your winning cause people will still go and watch and pay for their seats".

But i'm praying to high heavens Broughton is actually going to do his job. But the fanbase is in panic mode and hes not helping.