You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kop Magazine are reporting that Roy Hodgson

Guest Super Sub

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'll support him, that's for sure. I might not be thrilled with the prospect of a short term manager whilst we wait for big money.

Still, he's solid.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a huge degree of snobbery about loads of Reds.

Hang on a minute. Having an opinion on whether he's the right man is a huge degree of snobbery? You know where you can stick that, don't you Paul?

There's a big difference between not wanting him and how you support him or judge his performance if he gets it.

Guest Pistonbroke
There's a huge degree of snobbery about loads of Reds. It's the same shite that saw Peter Crouch ridiculed before he'd even kicked a ball for us. I reckon Roy Hodgson'll be a good move for us, but I'll wait and see before I make up my mind. Bill Shankly joined us from Huddersfield having managed a number of other clubs first. Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan and Kenny Dalglish had never managed anyone.

Agree with this. Everyone wants a big name in charge, but that doesn't necessarily equal success. We have a decent squad which just needs strengthening in the obvious places. Hodgson is no mug and i can think of worse managers to have from the names being banded about. Maybe we'll end up with someone different anyway, it's not like we've heard rumours fail before.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Agree with this. Everyone wants a big name in charge, but that doesn't necessarily equal success. We have a decent squad which just needs strengthening in the obvious places. Hodgson is no mug and i can think of worse managers to have from the names being banded about. Maybe we'll end up with someone different anyway, it's not like we've heard rumours fail before.

It's not about big names, PB. It's about top quality. Hodgson, in my (and apparently many other people's) opinion, he is a solid manager but has he ever proven to be the calibre required to take on a club in utter disarray, players possibly looking to leave, no money to strengthen and still push us into the top 4?

I like Hodgson. He's a nice guy with a good temperament that will be a solid manager, but he isn't an out and out winner. I'd actually prefer a manager that has less experience but more potential.

Welease Woger!

No disrespect to Woy, but I'd have preferred to keep Wafa for another 12 months. At least he has/had a track record of winning things.

Not trying to turn this into a Wafa thread I promise. Just giving my opinion.

Guest Pistonbroke
It's not about big names, PB. It's about top quality. Hodgson, in my (and apparently many other people's) opinion, he is a solid manager but has he ever proven to be the calibre required to take on a club in utter disarray, players possibly looking to leave, no money to strengthen and still push us into the top 4?

I like Hodgson. He's a nice guy with a good temperament that will be a solid manager, but he isn't an out and out winner. I'd actually prefer a manager that has less experience but more potential.

That's what we need under the current situation though. If things change and we get new owners with an intention of splashing cash then i would agree. But we need someone with experience now to keep things ticking over until the holes on our sinking ship are plugged. Who knows, it could prove to be his swansong.

I think Woy is the only sensible option at the moment.

He'll only cost 2 1/2 million to buy out of his contract. He has a record of stabilising clubs. He has a good European record. He's willing to work with a limited budget and his missus is from this (that - I'm not there at the moment!) neck of the woods.

The only question for me is if he would be willing to leave Fulham where he has stability and a team and fans who love him, to come to this club in its current mess?

Only Woy knows.

As regards Roy Hodgson he is a very good manager, great tactician who has been praised by some of the worlds best managers including our favorite Alex Ferguson. In our current situation i just don't understand why some people are expecting some massive name to come in and save us. Thats not gonna happen, we are firmly up sh*t creek at the moment and no top class manager including likes of Mourinho, Hiddink, Van Gaal, Rikaard would dare go near us, we're a f*cking mess.

I am a fan of Roy, obvious he is not a big name (dunno how the players will react to that), Rafa got 6 years, Hodgson deserves a chance like any other manager who comes in. I don't what sort of contract any manager coming to LFC would get at this moment in time but lets see what happens, maybe he is the man to calm the storm, i really hope so.

As regards Roy Hodgson he is a very good manager, great tactician who has been praised by some of the worlds best managers including our favorite Alex Ferguson. In our current situation i just don't understand why some people are expecting some massive name to come in and save us. Thats not gonna happen, we are firmly up sh*t creek at the moment and no top class manager including likes of Mourinho, Hiddink, Van Gaal, Rikaard would dare go near us, we're a f*cking mess.

I am a fan of Roy, obvious he is not a big name (dunno how the players will react to that), Rafa got 6 years, Hodgson deserves a chance like any other manager who comes in. I don't what sort of contract any manager coming to LFC would get at this moment in time but lets see what happens, maybe he is the man to calm the storm, i really hope so.

Ferguson will stop that praising if he comes here.