You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres or Ronaldo

Red Nick

Just watching Ronaldo score a hatrick that any striker would be pleased with and thinking at 75m he was a cheap player, considering Torres would fetch a similar amount just wondering who you would prefer if both have played for Man Utd and Everton.

Who would be the better player for the team?

Torres doesn't really play for us anyway barring the odd appearance so I'd have to have Ronaldo. Just the issue of saying "I'd have to have Ronaldo" makes me feel a little sick, but there you go. Torres is a crock, Ronaldo is not.

Just thinking along the same lines believe it or not. l love Torres but l'd have to go with the tosspot that is Ronaldo.

His all-round game is better, he scores just as many goals and his determination to succeed is frightening.

Like l said, l love Torres but sometimes it looks like his touch is poor. Saying that, we are lucky to have him, he is a top player and a fantastic goal scorer but of the two?

lt would have to be the grease stained git unfortunately.

Guest TesticleOReilly
1. Torres 2. Messi

505708235808230. Ronaldo

is the correct answer. Ronaldo? Get t'fuck.

Torres miss's as many games as he plays, class striker yes but ronaldo everytime over him, if I thought we could get £80m for torres and was sure a new manager would get it to spend I'd take it, he miss's to many games to be worth the figures thrown about, I think rafa also knows this and is now willing to sell him if he gets the money to spend

Torres, easily. I'd risk him being injured and have him as I think he's just a better footballer. Am starting to get concerned about how he's training aswell with all these injuries.

I just could not handle Ronaldo's theatrics all the way through a season. Can't believe most already posting here have actually picked him either.

Being strictly neutral, it's hard not to vote for Ronaldo. But Torres would have a similar goal scoring record if he wasn't injured most of the time.

Messi's better than both. He scores more goals than Ronaldo and provides more assists too.

Guest PurpleNose
.....and bar Messi who would they be?

Xavi, Iniesta and Rooney would be my certain picks. Could make a case for about 10/15 other players. Always difficult comparing players of different positions.

For e.g, I think Reina is a better player than Ronaldo. Maicon as well.

Neither are in the top five players in the world.

But Torres out of the two.

What shite are you spouting?

Both are in the top five players in the world. As others have said if Torres was fit as often as Ronaldo then it would be a simple choice.