You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Justified

RedKnight

• 5 weeks later...

Thought the last series was the weakest since season one. It had an awful lot of padding so they could line up all the pieces ready for the final season. Not enough Raylan, the Crowes weren't great adversaries and the Ava storyline was dull. Raylan's still cool though.

tumblr_mk2q6hphw41qmiu77o2_500.gif

• 2 months later...

Big fan of Raylan, but I'm leaning towards Boyd. Usually at this point, shows - even the really great ones like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad - tend to ramp up the awfulness of one of their characters. Not Justified, though, and Boyd - the murdering Nazi that he is - has become even more sympathetic and magnetic as the series progresses. It's a shame that Fox are so vigilant about stopping clips of their shows being uploading to youtube, because Boyd is a walking compilation. I think it's pretty great the way other characters acknowledge just how cool he is. I love the way he enunciates hard t's, whenever he says "son" and my favourite is "Godamn". I'd pay to see him say" cunt" or "mothefucker", it would be poetic.

The amount of screen time they've shared, you would think it dilute their meetings, but it is still outstanding every time they talk to each other.

I forgot to include "gun thug" and "daddy" in my earlier post. Whenever Boyd says them, or "Cousin Johnny", I am smiling for 5 minutes.

• 2 months later...
Detriot hitman: Theo Tonin, he carries this ear around in his pocket.

Wynn Duffy: I'm sorry, It sounded like you said.

Hitman: Yeah, yeah. It's a human ear. And, uh, whenever he wants to get some guy's attention, he just takes out the ear and he starts talking into it. 

Wynn Duffy: Hmm. What does he say?

Hitman: I don't think it really matters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've decided to support Boyd. Or, more accurately, I've decided not to fully support Raylan's attempt to imprison/murder Boyd. It wasn't an easy decision. I just don't think I have the constitution to watch Googins breakdown over 12 hours - the last time I did, he broke my heart - which means I'm in the weird position of hoping that he shoots Raylan, escapes to Mexico, or some other thing that doesn't end with him dead or facing 50-life.

I want Boyd to win simply because Goggins is so awesome.

I could genuinely listen the character speak like he does for hours "Your use of the past tense fills me with a certain sense of foreboding". He should survive and they make a series which is just him speaking and Wyn Duffy looking at him with those eyebrows, it would be the best show ever made. 

• Upvote 1

That was some wonderful old-school Justified stuff. Raylan backing down from Choo-Choo was surprising and very interesting. I smiled from ear-to-ear at the first Raylan/Boyd confrontation of the season and Ava was on fire, too. This is going to be a fucking classic last season of TV.

"This blackmailer, he got a long-winded, peculiar way of talkin'?"

• Upvote 2