You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

21 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Need to play it

I have it installed but not started it. Loved the previous games. Your saying about levelling up, in the old games all your squad mates levelled up even when not used as far as I remember

Ah yeah sorry I forgot that. Maybe I'm too lazy to add all the skill points they've gathered as the game has gone on then, and am still gonna stick with the current two now that I'm used to them, it'd feel weird at this point having others there. It also leaves something to look forward to on another playthrough, although at that point I'll probably just mix them up more.

• Upvote 1

Just finished the main story in Andromeda, am level 26, coming up to 30 hours played and still only 47% complete. The last mission wasn't too bad but I wasn't expecting to like it that much anyway and I don't play these types of games with that as a focus like I said already.

There's one area in the game that I felt could've been opened up with more content added to it after the main story is done with and it does feel unfinished there. Maybe it could've been opened up as part of a DLC, but the game didn't get any extra single player content so would definitely say that's a miss. I'm still enjoying playing though and looking forward to going back to each planet that can be explored to do a load of the stuff that's still left.

There's plenty of armour, weapons and mods to try out and most of the skills too because I kept the three skills I got near the start right throughout the game (throw, invasion and shockwave.) I stuck with Vetra and Jaal too as squadmates so there's still the others to try fighting with. I did none of the romance stuff either. From early on I liked Captain Dunn, but she wasn't an option for that so my character stayed away from it all in protest! (really wasn't interested in that part of the game anyway so wasn't bothered.)

Would still give the game 9 out of 10 though, I think it's awesome and still can't believe I've only just started playing it recently when it was released over a year and a half ago.

Sounds riveting 

Do you pick up and murder prossies and bum hobos too. I mean if your going to simulate being a trucker may aswell go the full hog

Im playing the new Assassin's Creed. Taking a bit of getting used to but hopefully get a good session in next week 

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Euro Truck Simulator.  Does exactly as per the title, driving trucks all over Europe delivering things. You can buy your own trucks and trailers, with all major manufacturers e.g. Scania, Iveco featured,  or just contract your time out to driving other peoples trucks.

Sounds dull, and it should be. But it isn't.

It has a sequel (imaginatively called Euro Truck Simulator 2) and I think there is one set in America too. 

Windows and Mac only. Console owners criminally excluded. 

36 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah it's the second one I'm playing. Forgot to put the 2 after the title.

The one set in America is imaginatively titled "American Truck Simulator ". 

American Truck Simulator! 

It's American! It's got Trucks! It's a Simulator! 

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Decent soundtrack too. I’ve not played the game though. I hope they release it for PC. 

There was a time when Tetris would be released on every format imaginable and some formats that weren't imaginable. If it could be played on it, it would get released.

For this one to be only on Sony PS4 is a real surprise but would be a real shame for the title.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, Lee909 said:

Agree with the story point. 

I found the game a bit easy for large parts of it. Some of the challenges are harder though. The stories just give you a straight up walk through at times. 

Bastard new Elusive Target.  Easy enough kill but the controls fucked my getaway... hopping into cover every second rather than jumping down into the bushes.

Gone forever, the fucker!

On 12/17/2018 at 10:55 AM, General Dryness said:

Yeah it's the second one I'm playing. Forgot to put the 2 after the title.

The one set in America is imaginatively titled "American Truck Simulator ". 

If they ever release one set in Africa, they would have to really sit down and work out what to call it.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Bastard new Elusive Target.  Easy enough kill but the controls fucked my getaway... hopping into cover every second rather than jumping down into the bushes.

Gone forever, the fucker!

Need to get on this one

I fucked the Sean Bean one up. Spent ages figuring stuff out. Never used a explosive pen and thought I'll drop it on his desk and watch him use it. We'll dropping it on the desk blew me up. 

Didn't go so well 

• Upvote 1

Medal of honor at least 8 years ago on ps2 ( i think ) , haven't touched one since . Just bought a second hand  ps3 today with a few games  included call of duty x2 i think , gonna have fun for 4 days while wife and kids are away. Where's the on button ?

Just finished the main story of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and would give the game 8.5/10 so far.

Have never played right through a Tomb Raider game before and thought it'd drive me mad, but even though it did wind me up fairly regularly am glad I got through it and I warmed to the game as it went on. It does have a fair amount of things that I'd consider faults but think that overall it's a solid and well made game that I enjoyed for the main part. Found it highly addictive too which I wasn't expecting much.

Have just gone back to the starting point now and am going back through exploring, doing tombs, crypts and so on because I did rush through quite a bit to get the story done. Looks like there's going to be a fair amount more to do before I've finished playing and am wanting to try out the 2013 Tomb Raider game + Rise of the Tomb Raider eventually too now.

• Upvote 1

2013 Tomb Raider main story complete and would rate the game about the same as Shadow. That's because although Shadow is a better made game overall, this game has a setting and story I find more interesting. It's set in The Dragon's Triangle/Devil's Sea, and the Japanese mythology/archaeology is something that makes me want to go back and uncover as much as I can.

Moved from PS4 to PC for this so thought the graphics looked better as they seemed cleaner and more detailed on high settings than Shadow is on the base PS4. Had a bit of a nightmare using keyboard for controls though at times, especially when I had to dodge by tapping shift with my little finger then quickly press f to counter in melee range when I've used a control pad for most of my life. Weak point would be hordes of mobs a bit too often that can be bullet sponges at times too. Looking forward to going back there though and completing more of it because of the setting.

Rise of the Tomb Raider on pc is next, might take more of a while on that though and jump between each game to play more randomly from here on out.

Just installed and played for about 90 minutes on Detroit: Become Human on PS4 Pro and it is much better than I would have expected it to be. Interactive movies can either be completely bereft of input or you end up overwhelmed by how quickly you have to respond to the story but this has a great balance. Quantic Dreams have made some good games and this is easily the best one I have seen from them. Picked it up for £13 so clearly it didn't sell as well as it perhaps should have done. Gorgeous game to look at too.

12 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Just installed and played for about 90 minutes on Detroit: Become Human on PS4 Pro and it is much better than I would have expected it to be.

Weird timing, just had that arrive in the post! Thought it looked amazing when first seeing it via an e3 a while back, am glad to have finally got it.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:27 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Moved from PS4 to PC for this so thought the graphics looked better as they seemed cleaner and more detailed on high settings than Shadow is on the base PS4. Had a bit of a nightmare using keyboard for controls though at times, especially when I had to dodge by tapping shift with my little finger then quickly press f to counter in melee range when I've used a control pad for most of my life. 

You should be able to use your PS4 pad on the PC. 

39 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You should be able to use your PS4 pad on the PC. 

Yeah have tried to, keep having issues with it disconnecting though. Have had issues with so many pads that I'm just sick of it now and using keyboard and mouse instead. It's actually better for some games anyway I think (especially games like Elder Scrolls Online where I can look around faster with a mouse) so am going to stick with it and see how it goes.

Have got a gaming mouse too so the buttons there help with some games instead of it being so keyboard focused. Might take a while but will try to get used to it.

Got to the end of Detroit: Become Human a while ago after spending most of the last 12 hours on it and was pretty gutted really as I'd managed to get an awful ending. Went through the last chapter again though a bit ago and things turned out quite a lot better.

Haven't really played anything like it before and wouldn't want to rate it so early because my own issues might be connected to the paths I chose. Have liked it more though as I've gone on and that'll maybe carry on if I stick with it, because there's probably quite a lot still to discover.