You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The anti Liverpool media....again

ngogswilly

He's been unspectacular, but fuck me, how can you label a player a flop after no more than about 5 hours of football? Debate the effectiveness of his signing on this season by all means but that's not his fault, and sticking the boot into him so early is, to borrow a phrase from Holt's paymaster, "beyond the pale."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We pissed them off royally last night - they were narked that they had to amend their match reports.

harry harris - epitome of flakiness - alays up the arse of the darlings of the moment - and let's face it if he was any good he'd not be at some sad outfit like the Mail.

And the oh so predictable and ever so slightly biased against the north west in general Independent talked baout Benitez 'being saved'.

and today on 5 Live Phil williams aired his upset at last night's result - fair enough as he's a Villa fan - BUT - it then turned into a full on 'Torres will be off' ad nauseum but with a element of real spite and he gets Graham Taylor involved too - wtf.

The ex Liverpool player - just caught a tiny snatch - was it St John? I was too busy shouting at the radio.

But for once Kevin McCarra in the Guardian - actually not bad.

Well sod the bloody lot of them - to air any grievances by way of spite and venom directed at us is pathetic.

I have always loved one thing about supporting this club for decades - we've always known better than the press and we've never relied on their brown nosing or fawning.

I love this club.

The press are xenophobic in this country, be it subconciously or not.

Benitez and Wenger get so much shit, but look how average managers like Hughes, O'Neill and Bruce get lauded.

You wait til Ancelotti makes a selection gaffe, they'll be all over him.

Wenger gets very little shit.

All this anti Liverpool shite is nonsense. They are just like a pack of wolves and they smell a big pray item with us. They revel whenever one of the 'big' clubs is struggling and wank off on them when they are doing well. 4 years ago they were all talking about Ferguson & Giggs etc being over the hill, couldn't be more different now.

They're are plenty of national journalists who have a 'soft spot' for us.

Wenger gets very little shit.

All this anti Liverpool shite is nonsense. They are just like a pack of wolves and they smell a big pray item with us. They revel whenever one of the 'big' clubs is struggling and wank off on them when they are doing well. 4 years ago they were all talking about Ferguson & Giggs etc being over the hill, couldn't be more different now.

They're are plenty of national journalists who have a 'soft spot' for us.

I think the way they treat Rafa is disgusting, for all his flaws he should be treated with more respect. You could say the same about some of our fans though.

I think the way they treat Rafa is disgusting, for all his flaws he should be treated with more respect. You could say the same about some of our fans though.

I don't think Rafa helps himself though tbh. If like Wenger he'd won the league a few years ago then I'm sure he'd be given the benefit of the doubt that the Frenchmen still has.

One thing I will say is that imo the owners have got off lightly with the media over here. They (the journo's) all admit that they are a major problem and a hinderence yet they very rarely take any of it into account when writing about us. Then again the whole soap opera that is our club of the last 3 years has given them plenty of ink to write with....

I agree. I think they hate him because he never answers questions directly and they can't 'pick his teams' before hand.

The way they go on about his supposed 'rant' and label him a 'fat Spanish waiter' IMO is especially out of order.

They're not very bright so if they can't write any constructive criticism they fall back on name calling.

I've given up reading a lot of match reports now. Journalists who can genuinely read a game and report on it are few and far between. Insightful observations are becoming moribund. imo Graham Taylor is about the best there is.

Collymore is a Wolves fan, when he moved to Villa he went on about being a boyhood Villa fan and has continued since. But I have a radio interview (with Chris Evans, radio 1) of him when he was at Liverpool saying he was a Wolves fan. I'd love to hear his response to it after years of pretending to be a life long Villa fan.

Guest Pistonbroke

The media make me laugh. Look at it that way and you won't be surprised by what they say. They actually wanked about us in the 70's and 80's as well. Being successful attracts the fuckers. If they smell a big club in trouble they'll pounce. Live with it rather than feed them.

Didn't Burnely also knock out Chelsea that year?

That was Barnsley. they knocked us and Chelsea out a couple of years ago.

It was Rafa's first season and we had a poor squad and loads of injuries. Rafa played a few kids and a few first team squad players.

I think they might've turned Rafa's head in to a vegetable liek that rag did to Taylor years ago.

Rafa was only here a few months at the time and they hated him then.

We pissed them off royally last night - they were narked that they had to amend their match reports.

harry harris - epitome of flakiness - alays up the arse of the darlings of the moment - and let's face it if he was any good he'd not be at some sad outfit like the Mail.

And the oh so predictable and ever so slightly biased against the north west in general Independent talked baout Benitez 'being saved'.

and today on 5 Live Phil williams aired his upset at last night's result - fair enough as he's a Villa fan - BUT - it then turned into a full on 'Torres will be off' ad nauseum but with a element of real spite and he gets Graham Taylor involved too - wtf.

The ex Liverpool player - just caught a tiny snatch - was it St John? I was too busy shouting at the radio.

But for once Kevin McCarra in the Guardian - actually not bad.

Well sod the bloody lot of them - to air any grievances by way of spite and venom directed at us is pathetic.

I have always loved one thing about supporting this club for decades - we've always known better than the press and we've never relied on their brown nosing or fawning.

I love this club.

Add Tony Gale to the list. He was reporting on the game on SSN and the way he reacted when Torres scored I thought he had money on Villa winning. Twat.