You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Thinking

T0RRES

Hmmmm. Sounds like the release clause states £60m up front, similar to Werner (which is why we pulled out).

We could obviously pay more over a longer period, like what Chelsea did or tried to do with Enzo Fernandez or there needs to be an acceptance on all sides that Szoboszlai isn’t worth £60m.

I don’t have an opinion either way on whether we’ll sign him or not. We seem to have a good relationship with Leipzig. Carvalho should be a nice sweetener for them, maybe a gentleman’s agreement on his next steps. 

I wonder if it is £60m up front that is putting clubs off. It's a lot of money to hand out in one go.  Probably realistically only 3 or 4 clubs in the world could or would want to do that.

Also, I've never heard of him until now so is he good enough to warrant that immediate outlay? 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I wonder if it is £60m up front that is putting clubs off. It's a lot of money to hand out in one go.  Probably realistically only 3 or 4 clubs in the world could or would want to do that.

Also, I've never heard of him until now so is he good enough to warrant that immediate outlay? 

If we have identified him as our top target and we are 100% certain he is the right player then as one of the top 3 revenue generating football clubs in the world then we should absolutely be able to find a way to pay the fee.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

My Dad watches a lot of the German matches and says he’s a good player. 

However, Dad was also super on the Keita bandwagon and refused to come off it at any point over the past 4/5 years.

I saw a heat map of his positioning yesterday, seems he’d play on the right of a midfield 3, like where Hendo currently occupies, although Szoboszlai is slightly more advanced. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

If we have identified him as our top target and we are 100% certain he is the right player then as one of the top 3 revenue generating football clubs in the world then we should absolutely be able to find a way to pay the fee.

I’m dubious on some of the connotations of this post, that’s not what this thread is for !!!

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m dubious on some of the connotations of this post, that’s not what this thread is for !!!

I'd be dubious about a growing mentality of self appointed forum police....

You could of course take the 'connotations' as being 'positive' as saying we should be able to get a deal done for a player we want and who will likely improve us...

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'd be dubious about a growing mentality of self appointed forum police....

Not forum police at all. 

Even if I/we were, the other side is just as bad - they even set up a thread to get rid of some of us, allowing the Human Centipede of the other threads to flourish. 

Some of us are sick of what we perceive of the constant negativity. We’ve come somewhere else to avoid that.

There are plenty other places to complain about things, can’t we have this thread to live out of positive / delusional utopia? It’s not asking much. 

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

You could of course take the 'connotations' as being 'positive' as saying we should be able to get a deal done for a player we want and who will likely improve us...

If that is the case, then I apologise. 

My mind has been melted by other threads. 

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If that is the case, then I apologise. 

My mind has been melted by other threads. 

Sound

As for the other stuff...my own view is people moaning about people moaning is more tedious than the moaning they are moaning about....and yeah i realise me moaning about people moaning about people moaning is shite too....

Or something!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sound

As for the other stuff...my own view is people moaning about people moaning is more tedious than the moaning they are moaning about....and yeah i realise me moaning about people moaning about people moaning is shite too....

Or something!

Noted.

Let’s try and keep here free from a Human Centipede of moaning! 

Anyway, I do have issue with Szoboszlai… I can’t spell his name without Googling and copying. I had to Google that. From now on, I’m calling him Szmith. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Noted.

Let’s try and keep here free from a Human Centipede of moaning! 

Anyway, I do have issue with Szoboszlai… I can’t spell his name without Googling and copying. I had to Google that. From now on, I’m calling him Szmith. 

Ha!

I am more worried about his song....how the fuck are we gonna get his name, country of birth and where he is running down in and it all work!?

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Ha!

I am more worried about his song....how the fuck are we gonna get his name, country of birth and where he is running down in and it all work!?

Clap Clap

Clap Clap Clap 

Clap Clap Clap Clap

SZMITHY 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

My Dad watches a lot of the German matches and says he’s a good player. 

However, Dad was also super on the Keita bandwagon and refused to come off it at any point over the past 4/5 years.

I saw a heat map of his positioning yesterday, seems he’d play on the right of a midfield 3, like where Hendo currently occupies, although Szoboszlai is slightly more advanced. 

So if we continue with the box midfield next season, he'd play on the top right, with Alexis on the top left. Just need a defensive player to play with Trent at the base and a decent defender and we are golden. 

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sold!

I challenge anybody in the world to come up with something, that gets the same Szoboszlai, into a better song than that Rhianna one.

(Chorus)

Szoboszlai a master of the game,
With every touch he sets our hearts a flame,
Szoboszlai, your passion is out fuel,
We’ll chant your name forever because you play for Liverpool,

(Verse)

We just can’t,

Just can’t,

Just can’t,

Just can’t deny,

Its the way you make us feel

Chorus.