You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't meant as a dig at Rafa at all this thread but it is the type of question any supporter of any club would want to know the answer to.

I just don't see the point of keeping a player who will never play who is earning upwards of 2m in wages a year.

He probably won't play in the league at an stage this season so we have a saleable ''asset'' doing precisely nothing earning really good money for it.

That isn't having a pop at Rafa for the sake of it but just asking the question of why would we keep a player who will never play and will decrease in value over time because of his lack of matches.

John, after reading back what I wrote last night, apologies about the Rashid comment, as that was over the top.

As I pointed out in my post last night this was not soley directed at you, but the whole thing just came at the frustation of seeing another thread that was likely to go down the same road. The bit in bold is totally valid, but how likely are we to get that answer or even reasoned debate, about anything relating to Rafa, on here at the moment?

As for the bit in bold

I think you might want to read what you just wrote again.

As for the rest did you fully read my post? I didnt say anything negative about John, who incidently didnt seem to take it as personal as you did, and my last couple of sentences I said that there were as many offenders on either side of the Rafa debate. And my main point was that this could have been tagged onto one of the other Rafa is God/ Shit threads quite easily. I come onto the forum looking for a bit of banter and or info about the reds, yet every thread at the moment disintergrates into a slanging match about the manager.

This website as far as I'm aware generates Dave's wages, and as such the negativity here at the moment could effect his living, something I'm sure none of us want, but as I said I know lads that dont come on here anymore because of the non stop bickering.

You also said that John is free to post whatever he wants as he is a good member of this forum, but apparently I am not, and as such am not able to post my own opinion?

Oh and seeing as you dont know me I'd prefer if you'd refrain from the name calling.

Not if all you want to be is some sort of fucking thought police.

As for this shit "I didnt say anything negative about John" - are you kidding? You can't say what you just did and think it gets you off the hook by saying "John this isn't aimed at you but your thread is shit and bringing this place down".

The reason John hasn't spoken up as much as me, is John is a nicer fella than me. If I think someone is being a cunt I'll tell them. I won't say "brodie, I'm not having a go at you, but people who post like you are twats". I'll just say brodie you're being a twat and you are.

So anyone that doesnt agree with you is a twat, great and you called me sanctimonious.

Good to see you are so open to debate. Again you seem more than capable of throwing a few cunts and twats in a sentence, but obviously have difficulties reading.

I find myself repeating myself for your benefit.

"It wasnt just John I was aiming it at".

It was for anyone that is going to post a thread, that so obviously is going to polarise opinion. There are enough Rafa threads on this forum, without adding more. I never said John wasnt entitled to his opinion, just that maybe it might have been a more prudent decision to put it one of the existing threads.

Seriously what do you think another potential Rafa debate brings to this forum?

So anyone that doesnt agree with you is a twat, great and you called me sanctimonious.

Good to see you are so open to debate. Again you seem more than capable of throwing a few cunts and twats in a sentence, but obviously have difficulties reading.

I wasn't the one attempting to censor debate you were. I was telling you to get off John's case for creating debate. It's why I compared you to communist China.

I find myself repeating myself for your benefit.

"It wasnt just John I was aiming it at".

It was for anyone that is going to post a thread, that so obviously is going to polarise opinion. There are enough Rafa threads on this forum, without adding more. I never said John wasnt entitled to his opinion, just that maybe it might have been a more prudent decision to put it one of the existing threads.

Seriously what do you think another potential Rafa debate brings to this forum?

I think you are perhaps slightly mentally retarded. Firstly, because you think digging at John and grouping him with some other faceless posters, that some how means you're not aiming your shite at john? So you were just spraying shit in everyones direction and John copped some, but it doesn't really count because it hit loads of people? Fuck off.

Secondly, where in John's post starting this thread (which if I understand your jabbering correctly, is what you object to), does John mention in any way shape or form any individual employed by Liverpool Football Club other than Dossena? If you can show me, I might understand what the fuck you are on about. John posted something about a PLAYER of our club who has been widely castigated for not leaving and basically been accused of being a fat, shit, gready, Italian bastard. The agent puts the other side of the story that the lad wasn't for sale unless Napoli got closer to the original amount LFC paid. So John creates a point of view where Dossena is in fact just a fat, shit, Italian bastard and perhaps people have been harsh on him and you somehow interpret that as an attack on the manager? That says more about you than it does about John or his post.

John doesn't need to be a snide cunt to have a go at the manager, just read this forum, if he has something to say, he says it. It's just irritating cunts like you, who want to put words in his mouth (or his typing should I say) and try to perpetuate the myth that anyone who doesn't like the manager makes every post a dig at him, that cause the issues on here. Take the post on face value and I'll repeat as I said to you before, stop being a twat.

Do you self a favour Barry and stop the name calling, you're making yourself look foolish. I'm not entering into this any more, and I've taken it up with John by PM who is taking this much more rationally than you have.

The last thing I wanted to was be drawn into the petty sniping my original post alluded to, as to be honest I have better things to do with my time, and would appreciate it if this would be the end of this.

Andy (not some faceless twat/ cunt / retard)

After a day sorting out fucking shitty viruses on my laptop because of Facebook I have read this with interest.

I can appreciate what Brodie was trying to say but maybe he just went the wrong way about it, I take issue with drewy more for calling me an agenda driven cunt or something I think it was. I have no agenda drewy, I simply don't like the manager and haven't been shy stating that on here as you know but thats another story now.

I posted the link to the Dossena's agent story because it was off a reliable website and there are two sides to every story etc and why shouldn't Dossena's agent be believed? As Barry Wom said just because in some way it doesn't tie in to the popular opinion on here doesn't mean I or anyone else doesn't have the right to post it.

We could have just took a rough estimate 4-5m loss on the deal if we had sold him in the summer but my argument was what is the point of keeping a player who has blatantly been told ''Your not wanted'' hence my reference to the Squad Number scenario. We now are still paying a player ridiculous wages for doing nothing, not even playing in reserve games and with the current financial state of the club, as Tesco's say, Every Little Helps.

Remember we used to laugh at Chelsea for Winston Bogarde. That type of financial mismanagement almost seen them go bankrupt before the Russian Gangster bailed them out. We can't be so arrogant to think that the same scenario could never happen to us.

Do you self a favour Barry and stop the name calling, you're making yourself look foolish. I'm not entering into this any more, and I've taken it up with John by PM who is taking this much more rationally than you have.

The last thing I wanted to was be drawn into the petty sniping my original post alluded to, as to be honest I have better things to do with my time, and would appreciate it if this would be the end of this.

Andy (not some faceless twat/ cunt / retard)

I'm looking foolish. Yeah alright, I'm the one ranting about posts about the manager, when they're about our left wing back. Perhaps if you'd have dropped John a PM in the 1st place instead of deciding you'd be the thought police, this could have all been avoided - but you decided to play johnny big bollox.

by the way, I treat people as I find them. if they act and treat others with a bit of respect, I behave in the same manner. But if there one thing I can't abide it's a bully and an internet bully is even more of a joke. You thought you could pull a fast one, have a dig at John and tell him what he can and can't do, while trying to make yourself look like some type of middle east peace keeper. You were being a bully and a twat and I called you on it. Next time if you don't want to be called a twat, don't behave like one and it can be avoided.

Saying he wouldn't have been allowed to spend the sale proceeds doesn't wash.

We'd still have been better off pocketing £4m and getting him off the wage bill. He has no future at the club, that is clear from the number of games he's played this season so blocking this deal was absolute madness.

Would you be saying that if it was our LBs who were injured this season rather than our RBs and CBs? We could have been playing Threlfall this season if Insua'd got a knock

To be fair it was a deal worth €10m, which last season was around £7.5m. But due to the pound continuinally falling against the euro, €10m this summer was around £8.5m.

Still a shocking bit of business though.

is right

Pacheco maybe, not the others and Babel should be kept or we're weakening the squad.

Babel is a fucking waste of space

Welcome to the world of Eduardo Macia and his dodgy world of unlicensed italian agents. This was his signing - as discussed in the summer, Rafa had never even see him play. (and the signing has nothing to do with Parry for those of you slating Rick - there does come a point when the manager and his team of backroom staff have to accept at least a modicum of responsibility, you know...)

Mind you, I fail to believe that the Doss could do a worse job at defending than Insua at the moment. Madness not to be playing him - even at left mid to gove more protection to the youngster on that flank.

Dossena's been injured the last month

I knew he was fucking shit after less than five minutes.

How the fuck our £5m a year manager, plus his network of scouts couldn't see it after (I would hope) watching him for a long time, just defies belief.

Disgraceful player.

I can only think that nobdoy ever watched him play before signing him. And I don't know which is worse actually!

Who said nobody watched him?

I'm looking foolish. Yeah alright, I'm the one ranting about posts about the manager, when they're about our left wing back. Perhaps if you'd have dropped John a PM in the 1st place instead of deciding you'd be the thought police, this could have all been avoided - but you decided to play johnny big bollox.

by the way, I treat people as I find them. if they act and treat others with a bit of respect, I behave in the same manner. But if there one thing I can't abide it's a bully and an internet bully is even more of a joke. You thought you could pull a fast one, have a dig at John and tell him what he can and can't do, while trying to make yourself look like some type of middle east peace keeper. You were being a bully and a twat and I called you on it. Next time if you don't want to be called a twat, don't behave like one and it can be avoided.

Can you have a think about the following?

• If I am a bully why would I have chosen John, one of the most respected on here to target? Oh and feel free to check any of my previous posts, I think you’ll find I’ve never belittled anyone, or lowered myself to name calling – some of the traits of an internet bully – again you may want to check out your own attitude to me

• I didn’t tell John what he could and couldn’t do, I offered my opinion on something he wrote on a public forum, and by posting on a forum you invite that feedback whether it be negative or positive that’s how it works. And John, ‘the victim’ as you portray him, has responded publicly and privately to me on this subject, and has no doubts about my intentions, even if he thinks I went the wrong way about it

• If you can’t see how a thread which questions our decision to sell or not sell a player, could possibly lead to the managers responsibility in the decision being brought into question, then you have not done much browsing on this forum for the last 4 months. I stand by my opinion that the negativity on these boards at the moment, is due to those on both sides of the Rafa debate bringing it into every thread

• Have you considered you may have been wrong in your assumptions, and assessment of me – someone you never met, and probably only read a handful of posts from? I’d like you to have a read of any of my previous posts here and on the GF before passing judgement on me.

If you want to discuss this rationally, can you take it to PM as this will just be boring the tits of anyone else reading it now.

Can you have a think about the following?

• If I am a bully why would I have chosen John, one of the most respected on here to target? Oh and feel free to check any of my previous posts, I think you’ll find I’ve never belittled anyone, or lowered myself to name calling – some of the traits of an internet bully – again you may want to check out your own attitude to me

• I didn’t tell John what he could and couldn’t do, I offered my opinion on something he wrote on a public forum, and by posting on a forum you invite that feedback whether it be negative or positive that’s how it works. And John, ‘the victim’ as you portray him, has responded publicly and privately to me on this subject, and has no doubts about my intentions, even if he thinks I went the wrong way about it

• If you can’t see how a thread which questions our decision to sell or not sell a player, could possibly lead to the managers responsibility in the decision being brought into question, then you have not done much browsing on this forum for the last 4 months. I stand by my opinion that the negativity on these boards at the moment, is due to those on both sides of the Rafa debate bringing it into every thread

• Have you considered you may have been wrong in your assumptions, and assessment of me – someone you never met, and probably only read a handful of posts from? I’d like you to have a read of any of my previous posts here and on the GF before passing judgement on me.

If you want to discuss this rationally, can you take it to PM as this will just be boring the tits of anyone else reading it now.

you see you're at it again - thinking PM'ing is a good idea, yet not doing it in the 1st instance. Why couldn't you just send that message above to me via a PM? If you want to PM me, I'm sure you can work out how to do it. If you want to talk like a grown up, I can catch you in the supporters before any match. Whatever way, you acted like a twat and you can squirm all you like going on about posts on the GF - I'm not talking about any of those, I'm looking at what I saw on this thread. All you need to do is hold your hands up and admit you were out of order.

Dossena's been injured the last month

i thought that was earlier in the season. He's been available for selection for the last few games, has he not? He's certainly been on the bench a few times, such as at Fulham and Arsenal? i don't think his agent would be bellyaching if he's not been available - the point is he obviously feels he has no chance of selection here.

Would you be saying that if it was our LBs who were injured this season rather than our RBs and CBs? We could have been playing Threlfall this season if Insua'd got a knock

Insua, Aurelio, Agger, Carragher and Skrtel at a push, could all play at left back if it came to it. I really don't think we need 3 left backs.

Judging by the manager giving him the number 38 shirt it seems he thought so too at one point. And the fact that he's barely kicked a ball this season when he's been fit.

Benitez has wasted millions on shite players during his time here (including transfer fees and free transfers). Even free transfers have proved to be a ridiculous waste of money as their wages etc.. have drained finances.

In the case of Dossena, I don't think he is a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but maybe his best position is left midfield not left back. With a lack of decent width in the middle and injuries maybe he could fill in at left midfield. His crossing is decent and can get past players unlike Babel.

At least Dossena always tries and shows commitment when he plays.

Personally i think that it would be better to promote a reserve player in to cover instead of playing centre halves in a position they're not comfortable in - Skrtel at Boro is one example which springs to mind.

Why do we have a reserve team? Injured first team players rarely play in it to gain match fitness and they're rarely tried in the first team.