You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today's game

Stephen Adams.

Just wonderin how it went really?

Was relying on text alerts, don't get Radio City when I'm home for Crimbo! Thought we'd pulled off a real gutsy win after coming back from 1-0 down but wasn't all that surprised that god fowler equalised. Not the worst result all in all, but hardly the best either.

Haven't even heard a match report yet, but teletext ratings didn't give any red above 6, lots of 5's and believe it or not U know Who got MOTM! Heard Hamann's goal was a screamer, just hope the premiership boys can bring themselves to show it! God I hate that show.

All the best lads. :party:

JFT96

Got back from Manchester about an hour ago. My observations...

Great stadium- makes you realise why we need to move.

Liverpool didn't deserve to win- the first half was as bad as anything this season. We were the better side in the 2nd half, but defeat would've been harsh on City. Hamann kept things together in the first half. Liverpool's passing was truly awful. Felt sorry for Semmy being substituted- he'd had a bad half-hour, but so had at least 5 of his team-mates.

Smicer and Kewell started to make things happen in the second half and the introducation of Diouf made a big difference. H***** won the odd ball in the air, but didn't justify GH's decision to recall him. FSP was his usual lively self when he arrived. Great goal by Didi.

How Biscan was made man of the match by .tv I'll never know. He tried hard, as he always does, but was guilty of giving the ball away on a number of occasions and looked very nervous when playing at full back. Hamann would've been my choice.

Fowler deserved his goal- never stopped running and always looked dangerous. Macca also had a good game. (suppose it's no surprise that these two would be keen to impress).

I didn't go the game but listened on the radio. It sounded like we were torn apart in the first half and could well have been 3/4 down at half-time. Your reference to our passing is spot on. Under Roy Evans we passed the ball to death, now we have half a team who are incapable of passing 20 yds to a red shirt. Have we stopped playing the 5-a-sides in training I wonder? Comparing our passing to the top 3 is embarrassing.

Guest Bellflower
I didn't go the game but listened on the radio. It sounded like we were torn apart in the first half and could well have been 3/4 down at half-time. Your reference to our passing is spot on. Under Roy Evans we passed the ball to death, now we have half a team who are incapable of passing 20 yds to a red shirt. Have we stopped playing the 5-a-sides in training I wonder? Comparing our passing to the top 3 is embarrassing.

Good point about training, been wondering about that myself. We seem to have had more muscle related injuries in the past few seasons than in the previous 20 years, and this is with warm up warm down etc. I know the game is played at a faster pace than even 10 years ago, but training has supposedly kept pace. So why are we more affected than anyone else ?

Good point about training, been wondering about that myself. We seem to have had more muscle related injuries in the past few seasons than in the previous 20 years, and this is with warm up warm down etc. I know the game is played at a faster pace than even 10 years ago, but training has supposedly kept pace. So why are we more affected than anyone else ?

I think it's the absence of skill and passing ability that Hermes is referring to rather than fitness.

Guest Bellflower
I think it's the absence of skill and passing ability that Hermes is referring to rather than fitness.

Both go hand in hand nowadays surely ? Players have to be in the right place to give and receive passes and at todays pace you need to be fit. How often do you see someone stop and put their foot on the ball now ? Fitness training is just as important nowadays as so much effort is put into standing start sprinting, and i think this is where the damage is being done.

Both go hand in hand nowadays surely ? Players have to be in the right place to give and receive passes and at todays pace you need to be fit. How often do you see someone stop and put their foot on the ball now ? Fitness training is just as important nowadays as so much effort is put into standing start sprinting, and i think this is where the damage is being done.

Agree with that Bellflower, my post from last night was upon returning from the pub.:$

Guest Bellflower
Agree with that Bellflower, my post from last night was upon returning from the pub.:$

After yesterdays result, I think thats where I should have gone as well !