You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Match Thread (17th October 2009)

Herp McDerp

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you reckon Rafa has lost the dressing room because we have been shit from the kick off in preseason too.

you`ve got a point, we actually have been shite all this season, including preseason

when is it ok to start blaming the manager and not the money men

you cant blame GG and hicks and us signing Babel and Lucas

im actually properly worried

If someone offered us a 4th place finish in the league now I'd take it.

No offense to you mate but fuck that.

Time to deliver or fuck off for Rafa Benitez.

We had 2 key players missing today and it was always going to be a tough game but the way we played, the way we lost every single second ball, the way we showed a lack of hunger and as usual the 70 min mark subs, fuck off.

I'm not even going to bother going through the side, I don't need to. Johnson had a couple of good moment and looked to be trying and it was good to see Agger back. Other than that it was wall-to-wall shite, a absolutely disgraceful performance lacking in class, ability and conviction. The thought that taking Torres and Gerrard out of the side does that to us is sickening, half the team should be giving their wages back this week.

I can handle the bad luck of the crazy goal, it's the wholly inadequate response that I can't excuse. An utterly pathetic display.

No offense to you mate but fuck that.

Time to deliver or fuck off for Rafa Benitez.

We had 2 key players missing today and it was always going to be a tough game but the way we played, the way we lost every single second ball, the way we showed a lack of hunger and as usual the 70 min mark subs, fuck off.

Yeah and we had eleven players on the pitch, time for some of them to stand up and be counted or fuck off. Rafa can wear his share of the blame for today but once the players cross the white line, it's down to them - do you really think we played to our ability today?

Guest davelfc
Just feel sorry for Torres and Gerrard to watch that pitiful performance.

I don't, their millions will soothe them and of course their qualification for the world cup after injuries in meaningless games.

Sunderland look better organised than us - they look a very good side and have even got Andy Reid to shed some pounds. We, on the other hand, look clueless and are about to be seriously outspent by Birmingham City in the transfer market. Rafa is in for long, hard season.

Disappointing. What was particularly disappointing is that Sunderland are really all over the place defensively, and we just don't have any forward good enough to take advantage. We would be better off as a team if we would ship out Babel, Kuyt, Ngog and Voronin. If we're going to play pub players, let's at least recruit them from a pub. We'll save ourselves a fortune.

I'm off to the pub. On a scouting mission.

He has longer than that.

We have no squad and we depend on two players being fit. We've no money to spend and we have sold our best player from last season. All the ingrediantsof a title winning team there alright.

He is under pressure now mate a couple of dodgy results at home in the next two and he will go.