You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

While I rail against the sweeping generalisations posted on this thread and others the gaggle of women who occupy the desks around us during office hours drive a mild mannered woman to thoughts of extreme violence, well, strong words, anyway.

I'm sure I've mentioned them before but it was bad this morning. That or my tolerance threshold was particularly low. That get you at your lowest ebb, traipsing in just as we get to the end of our night shift, wittering on in their caricature dialect about how good they've been on their current diet or offering advice to those who've fallen for a takeaway or 'a couple i glasses i wine' overnight. This morning they were comparing notes on some reality shite they'd watched last night...'ken', 'yer cannae dae that', 'the coloured lassie', 'ken', 'treating people like that'.

Oh, the irony, when they spend most other morning slagging off the one that's not arrived in yet.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

While I rail against the sweeping generalisations posted on this thread and others the gaggle of women who occupy the desks around us during office hours drive a mild mannered woman to thoughts of extreme violence, well, strong words, anyway.

I'm sure I've mentioned them before but it was bad this morning. That or my tolerance threshold was particularly low. That get you at your lowest ebb, traipsing in just as we get to the end of our night shift, wittering on in their caricature dialect about how good they've been on their current diet or offering advice to those who've fallen for a takeaway or 'a couple i glasses i wine' overnight. This morning they were comparing notes on some reality shite they'd watched last night...'ken', 'yer cannae dae that', 'the coloured lassie', 'ken', 'treating people like that'.

Oh, the irony, when they spend most other morning slagging off the one that's not arrived in yet.

Hated that too. Was much better in black&white

My respect for women (well, my wife anyway) could not be higher at the moment. I am in total awe of her ability to be consistently cheerful and patient after days of little sleep following the literal body-ripping experience of a natural birth whilst refusing pain-killers.

My advice is that everyone needs a Magyar wife

• Upvote 2

My mrs' mate has a 21 year old daughter who is a spoilt bitch. She cannot function independently as an adult. She won't go anywhere alone or travel by public transport. She has her driving theory test in St Helens next Friday but asked her Dad to take an afternoon off work to drive her there and back because she is too thick and lazy to get a bus or train.

She gets taxis to work and if she works Saturday makes her Dad give up his lie in to give her a lift into work.

She gets given everything on a plate and thinks money grows on trees. Every time she goes out she gets her make up done by a make up artist who comes round to her house because again she is too thick and lazy to do it herself.

I'm sure in time to come she'll be a great mother who will cook and clean the house and not palm her kids off at the slightest opportunity.

My respect for women (well, my wife anyway) could not be higher at the moment. I am in total awe of her ability to be consistently cheerful and patient after days of little sleep following the literal body-ripping experience of a natural birth whilst refusing pain-killers.

My advice is that everyone needs a Magyar wife

She still want you dead so she can name the kid?

The women my office are beginning to dislike me more and more.

Today it was dogs. Everytime one is mentioned it is greeted with a chorus of 'Ahhhhhh' I lost it today when one was was discussing her dog who now lives with her ex husband. Oh how she misses it (that's fair enough) but especially today especially as it is its birthday. But she feels better because she sent a card.

I said she was tight as should have sent a bunch of flowers as well. Which apparently was a ridulous thing to say.

I said the fucking think can't read a card but a bunch of flowers would give it something nice to take a piss on.

I left the building at this point.

• Upvote 5

Got back to my desk to find 3 missed calls from my mum in quick succession on my mobile and a whatsapp message "ring me".  With 2 elderly nans I get that gut twinge ringing her back waiting for her to answer

MammaD: Hi Paulie sorry to bother you at work

Me: Everything ok?

MammaD: Yes it's just I'm in the Iceland and there's a family sized lasagna reduced to £1.50 from £6, will you and LadyD have it I put it in my basket anyway

Christ alive.  Heaven forbid a bargain go unbought. I also got a bag of "bratwurst misshapes" whatever they are

• Upvote 2

Has anyone been able to figure out what "Ken" means yet?

It just means 'know' in the East of Scotland.

People tend to say it loads as well, if someone says something obvious, I'll just say, "ken." which means, 'I know.'

It's funny when you here English & Irish people who have lived here for ages doing it.

• Upvote 1

It just means 'know' in the East of Scotland.

People tend to say it loads as well, if someone says something obvious, I'll just say, "ken." which means, 'I know.'

It's funny when you here English & Irish people who have lived here for ages doing it.

Bizarrely enough, it means exactly the same in Dutch.

My mrs' mate has a 21 year old daughter who is a spoilt bitch. She cannot function independently as an adult. She won't go anywhere alone or travel by public transport. She has her driving theory test in St Helens next Friday but asked her Dad to take an afternoon off work to drive her there and back because she is too thick and lazy to get a bus or train.

She gets taxis to work and if she works Saturday makes her Dad give up his lie in to give her a lift into work.

She gets given everything on a plate and thinks money grows on trees. Every time she goes out she gets her make up done by a make up artist who comes round to her house because again she is too thick and lazy to do it herself.

I'm sure in time to come she'll be a great mother who will cook and clean the house and not palm her kids off at the slightest opportunity.

This girl needs to be introduced the the following words and sentences.

No

Fuck off

Do it yourself.

Wake me up on my day off again and I'll throw you down the fucking stairs.

• Upvote 3