You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 17/06/2019 at 21:08, Tony Moanero said:

Ordinary bacon butties > toasted bacon butties 

Depends on the bread that for me. In an ideal world, the best bread beats the best toast, but some bread is better suited to be toasted. Oh and freshness plays a part, I will not entertain bread once it's more than a day or two old, it's just a toaster for me then. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Depends on the bread that for me. In an ideal world, the best bread beats the best toast, but some bread is better suited to be toasted. Oh and freshness plays a part, I will not entertain bread once it's more than a day or two old, it's just a toaster for me then. 

This. Fresh bread is a must.

I could eat fresh bread all day.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Cheap thin sliced white bread, let it start to go stale and fry it in boiling hot oil. 

Fucking lovely. 

I'd be paranoid that stale bread is beginning to show mould. I reckon mould on bread could usurp nuclear missiles. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I'll give it a whirl. 

If I could add a slight twist to Lifey's fried bread(well played sir), I always drop a decent knob of butter in with the oil(I don't use rapeseed) and fry it in that. The oil stops the butter from burning out and the butter adds a nutty taste to the fried bread.

14 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

If I could add a slight twist to Lifey's fried bread(well played sir), I always drop a decent knob of butter in with the oil(I don't use rapeseed) and fry it in that. The oil stops the butter from burning out and the butter adds a nutty taste to the fried bread.

and by chance the lurpak spreadable i have in the fridage is a combination of butter and rapeseed! 

• Upvote 1

On 30/06/2019 at 22:44, Chip Butty said:

If I could add a slight twist to Lifey's fried bread(well played sir), I always drop a decent knob butter in with the oil(I don't use rapeseed) and fry it in that. The oil stops the butter from burning out and the butter adds a nutty taste to the fried bread.

Kinky bastard.

£10 sounds expensive but for good quality ingredients it's fair. If you was to make your own with good sausages, Bacon, etc it'd not be far off that price though you'd get 2 or 3 out of it depending how much of a fat cunt you are.

Guest Pistonbroke

I just wish I had the option of a cooked breakfast without having to do it myself. If I buy all the ingredients I normally just sack it and end up having Sausage or bacon butties. Boxing day is different though, I always make one, normally whilst still pissed. 

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

£10 sounds expensive but for good quality ingredients it's fair. If you was to make your own with good sausages, Bacon, etc it'd not be far off that price though you'd get 2 or 3 out of it depending how much of a fat cunt you are.

The sausages were outstanding and the bacon very good quality too. But for a tenner for it to not come with black pudding or a tea makes it pricey. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The sausages were outstanding and the bacon very good quality too. But for a tenner for it to not come with black pudding or a tea makes it pricey. 

Aye deffo needs come with a brew. Not as if teabags are expensive.

It has been a number of years since I ate out and ordered a cooked breakfast, so I’m probably a bit out of touch, but I’d be prepared to pay £10 - £12 for the following:

2 sausages 

2 or 3 rashers of bacon 

2 slices of black pudding  

2 fried eggs 

generous portion of mushrooms 

whole tomato (fried or grilled) - pisses me off when you only get half of one.

slice of fried bread and a couple of slices of hot (generously) buttered toast.

All meat would have to be of good quality and preferably locally sourced.

• Upvote 1