You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

"Why the extra 5p?" is just one of the questions I have about that one.

I would also like to know what was going through the mind of the person who created that dehydrated vegan wrap.

It included a carrier bag to chuck it in the bin with. 

Looks like not everyone hates the Star Cafe.

Bridie L

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile 

I visited this venue for lunch today, the seating area is basic but comfortable, the menu is extensive with a great choice of snacks and meals all
Cooked to order, my omelette with chips and salad was perfect, not dripping in grease and the salad was fresh and crisp. The staff are polite despite the slight language barrier and my meal was good value for money. I would recommend this cafe for good value, good standard, efficient service.

Show less
Date of visit: February 2019

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Sandygranny
Sandy, United Kingdom

Reviewed 9 October 2018 

We went into the Star Café for lunch while shopping in Bedford. This café is close to the bus station and the Harpur Shopping Centre and has both indoor and outdoor seating.

They do all day breakfasts, lasagne, spaghetti (Bolognese or carbonara), roast beef, chicken, lamb, turkey and pork dinners, omelettes, burgers, jacket potatoes, fish and chips, pies, scampi, salads and much more.

Everything on the menu was reasonably priced and the staff were friendly and polite. We ordered the traditional fish and chips and it was lovely, the fish was a good size and there were plenty of chips and peas.

We will definitely be going there again when we are shopping in Bedford.

Show less
Date of visit: October 2018
    •  
      Value
    •  
      Service
    •  
      Food

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is this the place, Remmie?

23207925.jpg

Looks like your dress sense has already inspired the rest of the clientele. 

Look at the amount of beans on that breakfast picture as well! I’m a pro-beaner but that’s taking the piss. 

Haha that's the one. 

I get half an hour in Bedford before my course starts tomorrow and Friday and I'll order a breakfast. Provided it's within 5 minutes walk of the central bus station I'll go for breakfast anywhere you twats send me. Challenge on... 

• Upvote 1

"I visited the Star cafe whilst getting ready to film my new movie. Have to say it was excellent value for money as I ordered a cooked breakfast and received exactly what I needed at this stage of my life. My friend Ivan was a bit perturbed at the whole thing but I was thoroughly satisfied and after visiting they actually brought filming forward by 3 weeks. 9/10"

Christian Bale - 2004  

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

What the fuck is that??

It's a couple of frisbees, a couple of fish fingers and a Simon Says game. All on a mostly empty plate and with just a fork to play with it all.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

A kebab shop that does breakfast. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm expecting it to be worse than star cafe by a distance. If (when) I die of bad shithouse dog aids, leave a slightly bad review on my behalf please. 

• Upvote 2

Favourita on Trip Advisor. Somewhat polarised views...

Malwina E

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile 

The worst food ever. 
Food was cold, chips overcooked , soft and gooey. Seriously undercooked with a consistency’s of a shoe sole burger. Ice cream milkshake was not even remotely close wot an ice cream. Disgusting. Chucked everything. It was uneatable. Waste of money. Will never order again!!!

Show less
Date of visit: September 2018

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Spiv161

Reviewed 8 August 2018 

Visited this morning for the first time.Had a delicious custard Croissant and Cappacino Coffee.Could not believe the cost so reasonable had to ask twice.Would certainly Recommend and will be visiting again.

Date of visit: August 2018