You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1.5 mil

ElSeano

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a clear correlation between being hysterically myopic and completely lacking self-awareness.

Are we looking at lacking tolerance or understanding or an unwilling to act prudently, and on who's part because my hangover has created a massive amount of confusion in my head.

You should calm down a little.

Are you conveniently forgetting that we kept Mascherano this year against his wishes?

If Arbeloa stayed, he would have been the first choice. May be we still would have needed another right back but that is only because Degen is fucking shite and guess who signed him?

I didn't say Rafa should have spent money on squad players or first teamers. I just said, IF Rafa knew he was only getting x instead of y, perhaps it would have been better to spend the x in attack rather than defence.

Fuck me! I wrote that post mostly in support of Rafa and look what I'm getting!

Calm down?

That was a post, nothing more, nothing less, no swearing, no insults, no wild accusations, have a word eh?

And it wasn't aimed at you, just referred to your comment about Arbeloa, who unlike Mascherano, Arbeloa was in the final year of his contact and was quite adamant that he wanted to leave, in fact, I have been told that the argument at West Brom had a lot to do with his this!

But that facts are that Rafa IS getting criticised for doing the oppositte of what he was criticised for last year.

And it wasn't aimed at you, just referred to your comment about Arbeloa, who unlike Mascherano, Arbeloa was in the final year of his contact and was quite adamant that he wanted to leave, in fact, I have been told that the argument at West Brom had a lot to do with his this!

Arbeloa had been making noises about returning to Spain dating back to last summer. The Hawthorns fiasco merely strengthened his resolve I would say.

Once Carragher's insults had been translated for him, of course.

Arbeloa had been making noises about returning to Spain dating back to last summer. The Hawthorns fiasco merely strengthened his resolve I would say.

Once Carragher's insults had been translated for him, of course.

I thought Arbeloa was particularly lapse at Hull away, and on a couple of occasions towards the end of the season, apparently it caused a bit of disquiet in the dressing room, since it was obvious he was away as soon as the league was finished.

Why are people saying we spent 17 mil on Johnson when seven of that was actually still from the money they owed us for crouch, which i thought that had been cleared up, so we have actually spent ten mil and i doubt much of that was up front considering the state of affairs.

ATK has stated that Aquliani is likely to be payed for over the five year period of his contract, Aquliani has obviously been seen as the right player, he maybe injured but should we really sacrifice the perfect player for a fit one, if their is to be a future of this club least Rafa seems to be thinking about it. so it seems Rafa has actually had fuck all money at all, a top four club that has an overall spend of ten mil for what we need is disgusting to be ohnest and how anyone really can actually try and accuse Rafa of anything at this time is beyond me.

He didnt know the circumstances we would be under in the current two games did he, but in a world we live in today ware we must look at others rather than ourselves to blame, football is an emotional game for us as fans and as we all know emotion can get the best of us at the best of times, perhaps we should do what we love doing support the team and chant the players and managers name rather than abusing them as ware does it get us.

Perhaps are anger should be directed towards our owners it is a sensible idea as surely they are the ones that have caused us and our team the most problems.

Why are people saying we spent 17 mil on Johnson when seven of that was actually still from the money they owed us for crouch, which i thought that had been cleared up, so we have actually spent ten mil and i doubt much of that was up front considering the state of affairs.

You might be able to ignore seven million quid, I'm certainly not in that position and nor is the club. If we didn't buy Johnson, Portsmouth had to pay us £7M. Therefore Johnson cost the £10M we are paying them for him plus £7M. 10 + 7 = 17. QED.

Why cannot Liverpool (and I mean everyone from the Owners to Rafa) say that money will be available for the right players and then come out with a statement saying that we could not find the right players at the right price? Rafa comes out and backs players he has to contribute blablabla.

That is what Arsenal and ManU are doing, unless you actually believe that Wenger/Ferguson are not buying players because they don't want to....

Tell you what I find interesting about us as fans - we had page after page on here (and similar stuff out in the real world) about Xabi Alonso's finer feelings while this shit was in the works this summer, but do we get nearly the same level of interest in attacking the owners as we did people wanting to slag off the manager for making Xabi feel unloved?

Sometimes I think we deserve everything we get - and are getting.

I just wanted to bump Danny's post from yesterday because of it's prescience.

Yes he cost us seventeen mil but surely should we have to really on seven mil being owed to us from another club granted it isnt something to be sniffed at but i personally dont think that seven mil should really be included within their so called promised transfer budget, surely it should equate to us having more money than less which seems to have happend.

Why cannot Liverpool (and I mean everyone from the Owners to Rafa) say that money will be available for the right players and then come out with a statement saying that we could not find the right players at the right price? Rafa comes out and backs players he has to contribute blablabla.

That is what Arsenal and ManU are doing, unless you actually believe that Wenger/Ferguson are not buying players because they don't want to....

Because we have too many people in the club intent on leaking news to the press.

Yes he cost us seventeen mil but surely should we have to really on seven mil being owed to us from another club granted it isnt something to be sniffed at but i personally dont think that seven mil should really be included within their so called promised transfer budget, surely it should equate to us having more money than less which seems to have happend.

What about the money we owe on previous transfers? Have you factored that money into your calculations?

What about the money we owe on previous transfers? Have you factored that money into your calculations?

But again isnt that the point we really shouldn't have to these as major issues within a transfer budget yet it obviously is, but again people don't seem to realise exactly the value that Rafa realisticly has to work with, many seem to think that Rafa has a value that is very easy to work with but obviously isnt.

Can I borrow fifty quid? You won't have to rely on me paying it back.

Mate i know what your saying and maybe my point is getting lost in i imagine the rather shit explanation of my point, but surely we should have a high amount of money ware the seven million becomes an advantage rather than a disadvantage.

Why are people even talking about Rafa here? It's bizarre!

We've had one game of the season, we nearly won the league last year and he deserves time to see if we can challenge again this season.

And anyway, the chances of us actually being able to challenge this year are being seriously undermined by these two horrible leaches that own the club. Fuck the football (obviously I won't be saying that at 8pm tonight like!) it's time to concentrate all of our efforts into getting these two twats out of the club.

Rafa has many flaws and it's hardly ground-breaking of me to say that i'm not his greatest fan, but he doesn't deserve to be under the spotlight right now. We need to get behind him and show the owners that there is only one winner when it comes to a potential struggle.

In the past i've criticised Rafa for starting feuds with the owners through the media but I think right now he would be well within his rights to do so considering the financial situation at the club. We're being outspent by the likes of fucking Sunderland for gods sake!

I think up until now Rafa has had plenty of money available to build a strong team/squad and he's made some big mistakes in the transfer market, however right now he should be backed exactly the same way as in the past (if not more). This could have been the opportunity for the club to leap back to the summit of English football but instead we're having to scrape the barrel for signings.

It's not fucking on, and the cunts aren't going to get away with it.

So stop arguing about Rafa and man up, we have bigger fish to fry.

We've had one game of the season, we nearly won the league last year and he deserves time to see if we can challenge again this season.

And anyway, the chances of us actually being able to challenge this year are being seriously undermined by these two horrible leaches that own the club. Fuck the football (obviously I won't be saying that at 8pm tonight like!) it's time to concentrate all of our efforts into getting these two twats out of the club.

Rafa has many flaws and it's hardly ground-breaking of me to say that i'm not his greatest fan, but he doesn't deserve to be under the spotlight right now. We need to get behind him and show the owners that there is only one winner when it comes to a potential struggle.

In the past i've criticised Rafa for starting feuds with the owners through the media but I think right now he would be well within his rights to do so considering the financial situation at the club. We're being outspent by the likes of fucking Sunderland for gods sake!

I think up until now Rafa has had plenty of money available to build a strong team/squad and he's made some big mistakes in the transfer market, however right now he should be backed exactly the same way as in the past (if not more). This could have been the opportunity for the club to leap back to the summit of English football but instead we're having to scrape the barrel for signings.

Great post, and well said.

Agree with absolutely every word about that. Repped.

the chances of us actually being able to challenge this year are being seriously undermined by these two horrible leaches that own the club.....

The problem is that splashing out £30-40m to win the league will not bring in the money to replace the outlay. It will just bring a trophy.

I think if there was a major danger of us missing out on CL qualification then the money would be provided to strengthen the team, again due to revenue gained/lost by qualifying or missing out.

Owners and chairman are now more interested in money than trophies, this is obvious by their attitude to the league Cup and UEFA Cup. They would rather go out of these competitions early because their is no money involved, concentrating their resources on avoiding relegation.

"This club only exists to win trophies" has now become "This club exists to make money" for every club. The players feel the same way.