You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

The Transfer Fee for Aquilani, should probably be dependent on the the number of games he is available for ! Something like £10m down, then £250k per game during the first season. Total £20m.

If he stays fit he could be just the job, sounds a bit like the lad Xavi from Barcelona, who runs the midfield for them

We will miss Alonso’s long range distribution, but if Alonso had a fault he dwelt on the ball on occasions looking for the long pass and lost possession, sometimes with devastating results.

If this guy can move the ball swiftly and incisively, varying the tempo, we will be on a winner. Currently we have a midfield that is good at quick short passes, keeping possession, but too many of the passes are sideways allowing the opposition to fall back. If this lad can push through the quick ‘killer’ passes, then we will have a new dimension.

The Transfer Fee for Aquilani, should probably be dependent on the the number of games he is available for ! Something like £10m down, then £250k per game during the first season. Total £20m.

If he stays fit he could be just the job, sounds a bit like the lad Xavi from Barcelona, who runs the midfield for them

We will miss Alonso’s long range distribution, but if Alonso had a fault he dwelt on the ball on occasions looking for the long pass and lost possession, sometimes with devastating results.

If this guy can move the ball swiftly and incisively, varying the tempo, we will be on a winner. Currently we have a midfield that is good at quick short passes, keeping possession, but too many of the passes are sideways allowing the opposition to fall back. If this lad can push through the quick ‘killer’ passes, then we will have a new dimension.

if the deal is structured in such a way, and i hope it is because of his injury record, then hopefully rafa will have the funds to make another key signing.

Even Totti wants to be like Aquilani:whistle:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeDzduIlBnQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeDzduIlBnQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

He's an Italian fascist, not a German Nazi. Don't expect competence.

I thought one of Uncle Benito's proudest boasts was that he ' got the trains running on time ' but I could be wrong seeing as it was that long ago that I did history at school , most of it hadn't become history at that point !!

another interesting thing, he was on a very good contract at Roma (home town club) with the strong euro (for Catch22), grew up in the city etc but has decided to make this move.

This is quite rare, usually a player is moving and getting a big hike but he's not going to see much difference and he has to settle in a new country. He is definitely here for sporting reasons which is a big plus for me.

another interesting thing, he was on a very good contract at Roma (home town club) with the strong euro (for Catch22), grew up in the city etc but has decided to make this move.

This is quite rare, usually a player is moving and getting a big hike but he's not going to see much difference and he has to settle in a new country. He is definitely here for sporting reasons which is a big plus for me.

Yeah a big plus for me too. He sees this as a good career move.

And Kuyt the Messi role?

And there you go banging away about Kuyt again....

If Aquilani makes us more attacking and manages to be as good at passing and creative as many say he is, it might be enough. Kuyt's strength, determination and ability to make good runs down the right hand side and get crosses in, mixed with the goals he can score and his amazing ability to still track back so often and win back the ball, might just make that equally important in the PL. We're not Barca, but with Aquilani we might have just nudged our creativity to the point where we can realistically land the title. If he stays fit of course, and yeah it's a big if, but we're just gonna have to wait and hope.

Babel can also work that right side though, and if he finally starts playing well consistently he could do a brilliant job on the right aswell. And we've got Riera who certainly knows a trick or two, and who can hammer some amazing goals in, that along with Gerrard's and Aquilani's long range efforts if all goes well, might see us be a proper nightmare for opponents next season. Sides won't know if we're going to open them up with creativity or a goal smashed in from outside the area a lot of the time, and that confusion might work to our advantage a lot.

And shit, some of the passes Aquilani might be able to make for Gerrard and Torres to run onto. If he turns out anything like Xavi, who's easily in one of my fave few players outside of our own side, we might have things sussed.

The trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi is something we all know is amazing, almost legendary in it's own right already, but if we swap their Messi for our striker Torres, we could have our own trio of players that causes havoc against any side in the world if they're all playing well and reading eachother's game properly.

So you could say Torres instead of Kuyt, even though Kuyt doesn't deserve the crap you give him, and maybe you'll realise why he's so important for us at somepoint.

I thought one of Uncle Benito's proudest boasts was that he ' got the trains running on time ' but I could be wrong seeing as it was that long ago that I did history at school , most of it hadn't become history at that point !!

He virtually eliminated the Mafia too, one of the reasons they all fucked off to New York. He used to hold mass trials and put them in cages 200 at a time. I think that's quality to be quite honest! When he was gone, the CIA actively backed the Mafia because they were (obviousy) anti-communist. Now look at the place? The women of Naples don't wear high heels anymore according to a book I read recently, in case they have to run from gunfire.

Strong-arm rule definately has its perks.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Footballer in not as good as arguably the best player in the world shocker...

I know, poor Leo, he can but dream