You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sir Bobby Robson dead

Rico1304

A man with no airs or graces. Everything right and good about football you could just sum up in Sir Bobby Robson.

He was involved in football more for the love of the game than any player or manager I can ever think of in the last twenty years or so.

A brave man who kept smiling throughout and the fact he survived long enough for his big charity match last week is of great testament to the man. A fighter and smiler right until the end.

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby. The game will be a much poorer game without your personality.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What struck me about him- even more than his immense love for the game- was that he was a genuine, down to earth feller. A lovely bloke who in his demeanour and attitude was in the same mould as Bob Paisley.

I don't think I ever heard anybody, either sports person or any of my friends, say a bad word about him.

It's a really sad day for football as he was one of the last true gentlemen in the game.

RIP

A sad and massive loss. Was listening to that guy who used to write for the evening chronicle in newcastle, alan whatshisface, and he said he never heard opposition fans sing 'Robson, Robson, what's the score?' unlike he had heard with lots of other managers.

He said it showed how much fans of other clubs respected SBR and you know what, he was right.

I remember once when Robson was Ipswich manager and they were playing us at Anfield. For the warm up, he sent his team out early and down the Kop end. We went crazy because no one had ever done that for as long as I could remember.

"You're down the other end! You're down the other end! You're down the other end!' we all sang. Didnt help them mind, I think we won 4-1!

RIP & YNWA to a great man.

There should be a minutes applause at the opening premier league games.

I know its two weeks ago but it would be a wonderful gesture and it would give all the Premier league teams and supporters the chance to show how much we all thought about him.

I know the championship and league games for next week are having it and so should we.

There should be a minutes applause at the opening premier league games.

I know its two weeks ago but it would be a wonderful gesture and it would give all the Premier league teams and supporters the chance to show how much we all thought about him.

I know the championship and league games for next week are having it and so should we.

I think I heard that on the opening games of every division there will be a minutes applause.

I was watching the cricket yesterday and the "Barmy Army" who I usually think are a bunch of fucking wankers started chanting "There only one Bobby Robson" and the whole ground broke into applause. It was actually quite nice.

Excellent documentary - about a wonderful dignified man. Bobby has been around as long as I have been into footy, and I will miss his insight into the game, his warm smile, and his genuine passion for football.

I'd also like to thank him for making Italia '90. My fav world cup ever. As he said to Lineker in the documentary - "Son, we should/could have won it".

RIP Sir Bobby.

What a prize cunt! (The person who wrote the sign I mean)

Another thing which always amuses me a little about people laying scarfs and shirts etc is that people tend to lay down old shirts and scarfs. Ones from the back of the wardrobe that don't fit anymore or scarfs that are from a big cup game from years ago or something, but hardly ever brand new things that people could get any use out of.

If I was dead looking down I'd feel offended that they only value their cast offs as a tribute!

Not sure if this has been posted but,

Bobby was opening a home for the elderly in geordieland a few years a go. After the offical pomp and sermony Bobby was around talking to the patients and yapping away. He was talking to some old dude about football and goes to him " do you know who I am" and the patient says to him " I'm not sure who you are but if you ask one off the nurses I'm sure the'll tell you"

:santa: