You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glen Johnson will be first choice, Degan and Darby will be backup players plus Carragher or even Mascherano could play there if we really need them. We have plenty of options for this one position.

Degen is shit, Darby has never played in a premier league game and Carra hates playing there. That's a pretty loose definition of "options".

Until/Unless we have millions of pounds spare on squad players it is about time we started trusting and giving a chance to our better 'youth' players. From what i've seen of Darby (all beit not a great deal) he is more than capable to fill in the odd few games over the season. If he had to fill in for any great length of time it may (or may not) be different. Same applies to Spearing.

Right now I'd much prefer all our money & effort went into bringing in that one more genuine top class attacking player we need. We get that player and we'll win the league next season without a doubt.

going off an a complete slightly drunken ramble tangent. but fuck football and its nouveau multi-billionaire owners. I hope we don't go the same way, we don't need too. EVER. all we need is someone to force a sale from the cunts, wipe out the debt and imrpove the current ground by 15k. without any interest payments outgoing coinciding with increased sponsorship & tv deals we'd absolutely fucking rake it in. Just need a saavy business man to realise this - he/she/even a consortium could earn a fucking bomb of us in the long term done right.

We've not actually spent any money this summer.

Johnson only cost 10 million minus the 7 million we were owed for Crouch and we have recouped nearly that by the sales of Arbeloa and Dossena

So what are you saying?

Degen is shit, Darby has never played in a premier league game and Carra hates playing there. That's a pretty loose definition of "options".

He may hate it but he can do it. If he has any real aspirations to become a manager then he needs to look at it pragmatically and realise that above everything the good of the team should come first.

If that means he needs to play out of position a couple of times a season so be it.

Napoli have signed the Hoff tonight from Rapid, lost count how many they've signed now. No news of a medical yet for the Dosser, just the agreed fee. Lavezzi has got to be on his way out, Fabio Quagliarella who's just signed for Napoli, says he's a 'phenomenon' in training.

Napoli have signed the Hoff tonight from Rapid, lost count how many they've signed now. No news of a medical yet for the Dosser, just the agreed fee. Lavezzi has got to be on his way out, Fabio Quagliarella who's just signed for Napoli, says he's a 'phenomenon' in training.

I wouldn't be surprised if lavezzi stays put. I think Napoli are going to play 343 next season with doss on the left of the 4, wing back style and 3 forwards. They should have a half decent shot at a CL place next season.

Edited by Stoney79

I wouldn't be surprised if lavezzi stays put. I think Napoli are going to play 343 next season with doss on the left of the 4, wing back style and 3 forwards. They should have a half decent shot at a CL place next season.

Doubt they'll get anywhere near the top four mate. They'll do well to compete for a UEFA Cup spot with the likes of Roma, Genoa, Udinese, Sampdoria, Palermo and Lazio.

They've made some very good signings so far this summer though, and if Dossena goes there, he could prove to be a great bit of business at the €5m being quoted.

I really don't like this summer so far.

What's not to like so far? We traded up to a better right back, ManU traded Tevez/Ronaldo for Valencia/Ownen, Arsenal traded Toure/Adebayor for no one.

Now if rumours of Alonso or Masch leaving came through it would not be likable, but as of right now it is excellent.

Inter, track Lavezzi

29.07.2009 11.37 by Redazione TMW.

Source: Eurosport

For the separate house Lavezzi are many entries about his possible future, the most glaring of all, shown on Eurosport, is the interest of Inter. The Argentine like Massimo Moratti and Mourinho would prefer a trequartista. Despite the high cost, 30 million euro, the neroazzurri would be willing to deal, also inconsiderate of the excellent relationships between the two companies.