You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

I'd expect to Dani and Wilson to get plenty of time between now and the end of the season. Kenny seems to be in stark contrast with Hodgson and Rafa to a lesser extent in his willingness to throw the youngsters on. It's something that will probably work in Kenny's favour regarding his chances of getting the job long term. Another quality addition along with Suarez and bring through some of youngsters so that they're ready for next year.

Trying to stay chilled about this but it's really hard. I think he's fucking brilliant and will turn our season around almost instantly alongside Nando. If we get him and both himself and Nando stay injury free, any relegation worries can go and fucking swivel.

Someone find out what Usher knows! Hopefully this will start happening for real later this afternoon.

Ajax boss Frank de Boer has confirmed Suarez, 23, has indicated that he wants to move on if an offer comes in and said that plans for his replacement are already in place.

"I've had a showdown with Luis," De Boer said. "I wanted to know what his plans are and what the future will bring. Luis is training hard. He told me that if a big club comes in for him now he is ready to talk to them.

"I've a back-up scenario ready."

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported on Monday that Liverpool made contact with Ajax on Saturday night and negotiations continued on Sunday.

Suarez is said to be eager to move to Liverpool due to the number of Spanish-speaking players at the club and recently stressed his desire to compete at the highest level.

"If I move I want to join a real football club where they play good, attacking football," Suarez said in the Sunday Mirror. "I will decline any offer from clubs like Shakhtar Donetsk or [Zenit] St Petersburg where they offer you sacks full of money.

"I've an obsession to win trophies. I am a South American with the mentality to win."

Interim Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish was due to meet with the club's owners on Monday to discuss transfer policy

We're fucked.

Liverpool linked with bid for Ajax star Luis Suarez - ESPN Soccernet

Ajax boss Frank de Boer has confirmed Suarez, 23, has indicated that he wants to move on if an offer comes in and said that plans for his replacement are already in place.

"I've had a showdown with Luis," De Boer said. "I wanted to know what his plans are and what the future will bring. Luis is training hard. He told me that if a big club comes in for him now he is ready to talk to them.

"I've a back-up scenario ready."

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported on Monday that Liverpool made contact with Ajax on Saturday night and negotiations continued on Sunday.

Suarez is said to be eager to move to Liverpool due to the number of Spanish-speaking players at the club and recently stressed his desire to compete at the highest level.

"If I move I want to join a real football club where they play good, attacking football," Suarez said in the Sunday Mirror. "I will decline any offer from clubs like Shakhtar Donetsk or [Zenit] St Petersburg where they offer you sacks full of money.

"I've an obsession to win trophies. I am a South American with the mentality to win."

Interim Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish was due to meet with the club's owners on Monday to discuss transfer policy

We're fucked.

Liverpool linked with bid for Ajax star Luis Suarez - ESPN Soccernet

Looks like the honeymoon period is over!

Do you enjoy pissing on everybody's fire?

Finally a quote from him & the club. The fact that De Boer says he has a back-up scenario ready almost makes it certain he will make a move somewhere this January.

Having watched the obligatory Youtube vids of him i was expecting a player to just hang in the box but he seems to like running at players and creates chances for himself which is great as i think we need Nando to stay in the box more and a striker to drop off instead but one that can also finish well as we have players like Kuyt/N'Gog who drop off but not that great in front of goal.

Edited by Johnni

Didn't Roy say of Suarez only a few weeks back that he'd barely heard of him and would never sign a player that he'd not seen play? At that moment I knew he was out of his depth!

I know he said that of Loic Remy in the summer, although I do think we dodged a massive bullet with that one!

Indeed! Hodgson was at the World Cup as a BBC pundit. So how did he not see Suarez? They got to the semi-final didn't they??

Forget this thread, and any other potential player discussion

Sky Sports News just said Kenny's been told he will have to wait till the summer for signings.

Must be true if they've said it.

Wankers

Mind you, does it remind anyone else of the famous Hicks line - "It's going to be a big summer"?

Am off to theatre tonight for some light relief - off to see 'Waiting for a Liverpool FC Transfer' by Samuel Beckett.

SSN know nothing anymore.. There are no moles left at Anfield to feed their shite.. I said in another thread when Roy was sacked.. It was back to the old days of everyone finding out when the news comes from LFC and not a second before.....

I understand that Sky sources can go and fuck themselves.

Forget this thread, and any other potential player discussion

Sky Sports News just said Kenny's been told he will have to wait till the summer for signings.

Must be true if they've said it.

Wankers

And then they are saying we have enquired about Downing? Joke of a TV station.