You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I never thought I'd say this...

tokyojoe

I thought it inconceivable to hate anybody more than the BS and the mancs, but having just come home from Stamford Bridge my opinion has changed.

What a bunch of neanderthal, knuckle draging classless fucking chavs they are.

Started of with a few of them singing (if that's the right word) 'in your Liverpool slums', but I'm sure we are all used to that. I was listening to them talking on the tube. My fucking budgie has been dead 40 odd years, and would still know more about football than them.

Arrived at the ground about 25-30 minutes before kick off, and the bizzies and the stewards didn't seem to know what planet they were on. I didn't get in till about 10 minutes after KO.

In the ground, our support was magnificent, while the gormless chavs waved their pathetic little blue and white chequered flags.

After the game, the fucking morons were singing 'never mind your history, we're going to Rome'. I was seething, and just turned round and said you wouldn't be able to find Rome on a fucking map, you cockney prick. This was somewhat unwise, as there were about 30 of the cunts behind. A quick change of pace into Fulham Broadway station was required.

I saw nothing but those flags on the tube back home, got to Liverpool Street station and the bloody pub was shut. To add insult to injury, some bastard farted on the train and it nearly made me throw up.

The highlight though was our support, and I reckon we were bloody unlucky.

Still, such is life.

Rant over.

And thanks for the ticket Rondeco, see you soon.

I thought it inconceivable to hate anybody more than the BS and the mancs, but having just come home from Stamford Bridge my opinion has changed.

Started of with a few of them singing (if that's the right word) 'in your Liverpool slums', but I'm sure we are all used to that. I was listening to them talking on the tube. My fucking budgie has been dead 40 odd years, and would still know more about football than them.

Arrived at the ground about 25-30 minutes before kick off, and the bizzies and the stewards didn't seem to know what planet they were on. I didn't get in till about 10 minutes after KO.

In the ground, our support was magnificent, while the gormless chavs waved their pathetic little blue and white chequered flags.

After the game, the fucking morons were singing 'never mind your history, we're going to Rome'. I was seething, and just turned round and said you wouldn't be able to find Rome on a fucking map, you cockney prick. This was somewhat unwise, as there were about 30 of the cunts behind. A quick change of pace into Fulham Broadway station was required.

I saw nothing but those flags on the tube back home, got to Liverpool Street station and the bloody pub was shut. To add insult to injury, some bastard farted on the train and it nearly made me throw up.

Still, such is life.

Rant over.

Made me laugh. They're nothing, but then again I didn't have to sit through that match and go away from the ground amongst them. Well done to you and the other travelling reds though mate, thought the support was top class.

You have to remember that they're not proper footy fans. They're the patrick bateman of football, they've studied other fans and seen them on the telly and copy their behaviour, but that's all.

I have all the characteristics of a football fan: flesh, blood, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust.

There is an idea of a Chelsea fan, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Still, such is life.

Rant over.

Thanks Dave

When I saw this thread I thought you were going to tell us Durango was a top bloke since he had sorted you for a ticket and everything beside him during the game.

I`m a bit let down actually.

You where just waiting for Tokyojoe to rip the back out of me,wheren't you?

Are we to understand Durango let you down?

Hahaha,all stalking,with bated breath,

will evil Durango will let Tokyojoe down?

Fuck ,Durango keep his word!!!!

That fucks up the "Durango left Tokyojoe outside the Bridge without a ticket" thread.

I get plenty of stick on here,most of it WARRANTED,but you really are a crowd of sad bastards,you really are!!!

Edited by Durango

Funny you should say that, I had the same, plus a bit more earlier in the season and e-mailed them to complain:

Me to Chelsea

I am a Liverpool fan who attended yesterdays game and would like to complain about the treatment of our fans & poor stewarding upon attempting to enter the stadium yesterday.

I arrived at the stadium yesterday at 1.10pm, a full 20 minutes before kick off, which I believe is more than sufficient time in order to enter the stadium in time for kick off.

Myself & hundreds of Liverpool fans were then kept in a police blockade outside the Marco Pierre White Restraint for a full 10 minutes. There was a large, large group of frustrated Liverpool fans building behind me.

We were then told the turnstiles to enter the ground had broken and we would have to wait longer.

At 1.25pm, we were then allowed to make away towards the stadium only to be stopped again to have our tickets scanned by a steward. This was then caused further delays for many fans attempting to enter the stadium.

After fans had eventually had their tickets scanned, we were then searched. I know this is common practise of the majority of stadiums, but yet again, this caused further delays.

And now I'm onto the real bone of contention of my issue. After I had made my way through the various delays & checkpoints, fans, were quite rightly, airing their displeasure at the stewards on the actual turnstiles to enter the stadium.

It was at this point that upon entry to the lower tier, one particularly obnoxious & insensitive Chelsea steward retaliated towards fans with comments of:

'You scousers will never change'

'On day you'll arrive on time'

'You should have got here earlier'

And, the worst of all:

'Even after what you've caused, you'd have thought you would make sure you arrive on time'

These comments are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. These intentional comments aimed by this steward to stir up feelings regarding the Hillsborough disaster (of which many fans lost friends & relatives in) and a direct attempt to goad Liverpool fans into a reaction.

I heard one Liverpool fan call this steward a 'dick head'. Although, I do not condone this action, in light of the farcical entry to the stadium and the highly sensitive & disgraceful comments made by this steward, I believe it to be justified in the circumstances.

What I saw this steward next was unbelievable.

He then grabbed this fan by the throat, hit him with the palm of his hand in the chest & screamed into his face 'DON'T YOU CALL ME A DICK HEAD' repeatedly.

Only when one of the few police officers who appeared to be doing anything and intervened, did the steward let go.

Amazingly enough, the police office took NO action against the fan and threatened to arrest the steward!

I ask you, this is standard policy for Chelsea for your stewards to:

* Be unable to function the ticketing system at your grounds so fans arrive late into matches?

* Shout highly sensitive, emotive & disgraceful comments to visiting supporters?

* Assault visiting supporters?

Many Liverpool fans were late entering the stadium on Sunday & I'm sure this wasn't the only incident of poor stewarding on display.

I know your response will be something like 'We clearly state fans should take their seats XX minutes from the game starts.....We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused for Liverpool fans entering the stadium but there was nothing we could do due to technical difficulties.....Blah Blah Blah'

I'm very sorry, this is not good enough.

£45 or £48 for a ticket for a football match is a lot of money for fans of a working class city like Liverpool is a lot of money. Fans should not be missing parts of matched due to YOUR inadequacies. With Liverpool scoring early, I bet many fans missed the highlight of the match.

Was there any point at which the game was going to be put back, even for 5 or 10 minutes to allow crowd congestion to die down? We both know the answer to this one already.

Action should be taken against the male steward to made these highly sensitive, emotive & disgraceful comments & who assulted the Liverpool supporter.

I have also just checked the Conditions Of Sale on the back of my ticket and at no point does it state fans should be in their seats XX minutes before the games started.

I want a full written explanation from youselves on the above, an apology for the shoddy way fans were treated yesterday & what action you intend to take against the said steward on the turnstiles of the lower tier entrance.

I have spoken to several other fans & we are prepared to contact the Liverpool Echo with our stories on Sunday.

Please do not let Chelsea drop any further in my estimations & further spoil an excellent day my club

Thanks

Chelsea to me.

Mr Mills

I am sorry that you were not happy with your experience when you attended Stamford Bridge on 26th October. Some of the comments you attribute to stewards are reasonable and others are unacceptable and, if you can in some way identify the steward concerned, I will investigate further and deal with the matter accordingly.

Only one turnstile was defective at the away entrance so if anybody was told that they had all broken down this was incorrect. There are sufficient turnstiles at that location to cope even with one turnstile down. What created the problem was the significant late arrival of a large number of away supporters and the need to complete stringent ticket checks.

Unfortunately our ticket checks had to be stringent because our recent experience when Liverpool has played at Chelsea has been that a number of Liverpool fans arrive late and attempt to gain entry to the stadium with forged tickets or with no tickets at all. If this is not prevented it would create a significant danger to the law abiding majority of Liverpool supporters in the stadium.

Regarding the condition of sale of the tickets – supporters are free to arrive at whatever time they choose but must realize that if they all turn up at the last minute they will not get in to see the start of the game. The stadium, like most, opens 2 hours before kick-off and many people do choose to arrive that early although it is not necessary but anybody who arrives at least 30 minutes before kick-off is assured of getting in on time.

Regards

Edward Ashwell

Head of Security

Chelsea FC. plc

Me to Chelsea

Hello

Thanks for your response.

Please can you be clearer on which of the comments I made on your stewards are reasonable & which are unacceptable? I'm not sure I follow what you mean here.

Everything I have detailed below is based on fact. If you mean the tickets checks & searching were reasonable, they I agree, they are. However, based on the fact the turnstiles had stopped working, therefore making peoples entry to the game late, the issue was further compacted.

I don't think it's at all accurate to say a large number of Liverpool fans arrived late to the game last Sunday. There were certainly no more than usual & plans should have already been made accordingly to deal with this. As previously stated, I arrived at the ground 20 mins before kick off and there were plenty of people already ahead of me being held by the police. Maybe they'd already been there 30 mins before kick off and still didn't get your guarantee of getting in on time?

If there were sufficient turnstiles for fans to still enter the stadium, then why were hundreds of Liverpool fans held for +15 mins, going nowhere, when they could still have entered the stadium?

Again I ask, with it being obvious that a large number of Liverpool supporters were not going to enter the stadium in time for kick off, was it ever considered putting back the kick off for 10 mins to allow the congestion to ease? Or would Sky not allow that?

With regards to identifying the steward who abused & assaulted Liverpool supporters, unfortunately I was unable to take his number as, I myself was late into the stadium (despite queuing for over 20 mins) and therefore just wanted to get into the ground. From memory, there were 2 stewards on the lower tier turnstiles. One male, one female. It was the male who was an utter disgrace. Hopefully this will help you trace back your records to identify this thug.

It has already been commented on in the Liverpool Echo about the amount of Hillsborough and Hysel songs which were sung that day from the Chelsea fans, of which no action appeared to be taken. However, if the attitude of this steward are anything to go by, nothing will be done. Hillsborough is still a highly emotive issue on Merseyside with it still effecting many peoples lives (eg: Steven Gerrard's cousin died) and is not something that should ever be trivialised.

This steward can count himself lucky last Sunday his comments were only heard by a few. If he had said that to the wrong person I can assure you, not that I condone it, he would have felt a lot worse than a bit of name calling.

Stewards are there deal with any potential incidents. They are not there to incite or be the cause of them.

The same applies to his assault on the fans

I look forward to your response

Thanks

Scott

Chelsea to me

Mr Mills

Regarding the stewards comments, as I said I was referring to the comments you attributed to the stewards and I think it is entirely reasonable to advise late comers that they should arrive earlier – it might save them problems in the future. The other comments alleged were not acceptable and from the information you have given I will try to identify the steward concerned.

As I said in my earlier reply the turnstiles had not stopped working, one was defective the others were working properly.

You are probably correct in your assertion that no more Liverpool supporters arrived late than usual, our experience is that there is always a late walk-up of Liverpool supporters.

The fans were held before the turnstiles in order for the initial ticket checks to take place and to prevent a crush on the turnstiles, the supporters were allowed through in waves. This procedure was for the safety of the Liverpool supporters and worked very well.

Delaying the kick off because of the late arrival of supporters is not considered unless there are exceptional circumstances for example a serious traffic accident blocking a road making it impossible for a large number of supporters to arrive on time (as has happened here in the past)

Your comments regarding Hillsborough are fully understood and trivial references to it by anybody, whether steward or supporter, are not condoned and will always be dealt with where possible.

Regards

Edward Ashwell

Head of Security

Chelsea FC. plc

Hahaha

Oooooh, let's see, it could just be our questions were in response to Tokyo thanking Rondeco for his ticket. You did read his post fully, didn't you my fine little troll?

For what it's worth, I think your conduct on this thread has been a step in the right direction towards redemption.

Oooooh, let's see, it could just be our questions were in response to Tokyo thanking Rondeco for his ticket. You did read his post fully, didn't you my fine little troll?

For what it's worth, I think your conduct on this thread has been a step in the right direction towards redemption.

Thanks Father