You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Vs Villa

hamstrung

Rashid, how can you not 'get' the 'Villa hate'? I don't hate Villa in general, but I found their capitulation today, after Winker's second spawny goal squirmed in, disgusting, and a masterclass in how NOT to play against Manchester United.

Inviting those cunts onto you in the last ten minutes is a signing of your own death warrant. If they'd kept attacking United, they'd have stopped the scum setting up shop around their area like that – in the way we've seen so often, when they pump the ball into the area again, and again, and again, until something goes in – and would have kept them stretched and given them other things to think about.

Isn't necessarily as simple as that though.

I was annoyed by Villa's change of approach too but the chances are that they were pretty shattered which encouraged them to defend so deep. They'd played fucking well for the first 65 minutes winning virtually all the 50/50s and second balls which would definitely have taken it out of them.

At 2-1 I actually thought they were even more comfortable than we were while at the same score at Old Trafford. If Agbonlahor wasn't so shite with composure remaniscent of thalidomide tea lady on ice they could easily have stretched their lead.

Once the Mancs equalised, villa were always going to shit it and the manc attack that lead to their winner came when Villa had arguably committed too many players forward for a counter attack.

Unbelievably annoying today but unless the Mancs improve drastically (which with the players to come back is admitedly likely) they'll drop more points.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking 3rd or 4th minute of injury time bastards. Was sat there refreshing bbc live text with a hangover, (how some of you can actually watch them I don't know.) and when the 3rd went in I was gutted.

O' Goblin aswell, what the fuck is he on? He buys a striker in the jan window that ends their run of form, fucks their uefa cup up, takes them to Du-fucking-bai that probably leaves them completely unfocused when returning, and still probably doesn't know what he needs to do : buy a new left back, right back, and 2 central defenders.

Twat!

Numb is the word........my stomach sank when that went in.

Still a lot of games to be played, and we are finally in a race.

We beat a good defensive Fulham side and they defeated a good attacking Villa side. Our players wont be affected from this yet I get the feeling that pressure on United will be mounting.

Next up CHL and Chelsea, I am still buzzing from spanking Real.

Can't be arsed reading past the last two pages. Jesus there are some doom merchants - c'mon ratcatcher, you were ecstatic yesterday. So they won, but the last few games have shown you can get at them, that they aren't the invincible force they're made out to be, and there are teams who will get about them over the coming month and a half. We need to do our bit, and I'm convinced they'll drop the points. Game. Fucking. On.

After we twatted Villa I said to myself I'm not getting carried away until it's in our own hands, but after the last minute goal yesterday and Villa going one up today, I started to wobble with about 10 minutes of today's game to go. Now I'm deffo not getting involved until it's in our own hands, or it goes down to the last game.

Same here now, I've had enough. After I was biking home yesterday and still totally fucked up with nerves from what that match put me through, then seeing this happen as I had hangover, I'm done. It's ok saying they've only got to drop 4 points, but if they start playing well again I can't see that happening with so few games to go. And it's ok saying that Arse will take points off them, but they could just as easily end up taking them from us too.

If we catch them up, bonus, but for now I'm just gonna look forward to next season, and hope that we somehow get Eto'o. (and keep Alonso.)

Can't be arsed reading past the last two pages. Jesus there are some doom merchants - c'mon ratcatcher, you were ecstatic yesterday. So they won, but the last few games have shown you can get at them, that they aren't the invincible force they're made out to be, and there are teams who will get about them over the coming month and a half. We need to do our bit, and I'm convinced they'll drop the points. Game. Fucking. On.

Trouble is, this was a game villa had to take points off them. They had a weakened team and were under pressure from us. Whichever way you look at it today's result was the last one we needed. Games are running out. Only arsenal can give them a game now imo. Who else is there, sunderland, portsmouth? Dont think so!

What do you think our players will be feeling with that result? I'll tell you, exactly how we said filth's players would be feeling after our result.

As I've said for a while, I think we've left it too late although it is still to play for. That middlesbrough result will be very telling. filth can still afford to slip up. We cant.

Guest RafaIsRafa

Bloody hell, I wouldnt like to see some people on here in a fight, one punch then you run away crying. This is far from over, yes they are the favourites but they were before the season kicked off aswell.

We're giving it a go and theres plenty of games left yet.

Man United at near full strength lost to Fulham 2-0 so its not beyond the realms of fantasy that they will drop points.

Today was a chance for Villa but not to be, at least Man United did not steamroller them as that would have given them huge confidence.

Its still game on as far as im concerned.

Trouble is, this was a game villa had to take points off them. They had a weakened team and were under pressure from us. Whichever way you look at it today's result was the last one we needed. Games are running out. Only arsenal can give them a game now imo. Who else is there, sunderland, portsmouth? Dont think so!

What do you think our players will be feeling with that result? I'll tell you, exactly how we said filth's players would be feeling after our result.

As I've said for a while, I think we've left it too late although it is still to play for. That middlesbrough result will be very telling. filth can still afford to slip up. We cant.

The only thing I'd say about the teams they have to play is they are fighting for their lives.

Man United at near full strength lost to Fulham 2-0 so its not beyond the realms of fantasy that they will drop points.

Today was a chance for Villa but not to be, at least Man United did not steamroller them as that would have given them huge confidence.

Its still game on as far as im concerned.

Yes but where, honestly, can you see them dropping points sufficient points? I can only see arsenal and maybe citeh due to it being a derby. But even asre could be concentrating on the CL or only needing to avoid defeat in their game with them to secure 4th spot.

Yes but where, honestly, can you see them dropping points sufficient points? I can only see arsenal and maybe citeh due to it being a derby. But even asre could be concentrating on the CL or only needing to avoid defeat in their game with them to secure 4th spot.

I couldnt see them losing to Fulham but they did so its impossible at the stage of the season predicting where any team could drop points.

All we can do is keep winning our games and hope they slip up.

This result was expected anyway. No need to let it dampen what was a great weekend for us. The fact our side has fantastic character was once again proven and the Mancs will have the pressure on them every week if we keep winning. They nearly cracked this week, can they handle another 5 weeks of that pressure? I don't think they can.

We still have a good chance. We can fucking do it.

You don't win 10 titles in 16 years by rolling over at the first hint of adversity.

This is a worthy opponent, it's a fight to the death.

When Ali kept punching Frazier and the fucker would. not. stop. did he stop punching and think ah fuck it? No, that's what made him a champion, that's what made him The Greatest.

We go on.

I hope this works in a reverse psychology way but here goes..

If we didn't win the league this season... how would you feel? What has this season taught you? For me I have learnt that:

1: Rafa is the right man for this football club at this moment and deserves more time to get it right.

2. Rafa CAN get his teams playing good football.

3. We need more than just Gerrard and Torres getting goals and winning games regularly and if we had that we would have walked this league.

Boro, Hull and Sunderland away.