You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Those Wicked adverts....

Elite

Trying to market them to gangs of lads is a bit strange too. I'll sometimes have an alco-pop if I'm in a club and I've had a few beers and fancy a change, but I can't conceive of a gang of 'lads' all stood around talking about tits and f**ty and all swilling back bubblegum-flavoured WKD.

The should market it by using look-a-likes of the likes of Hitler and Fred West and show them drinking it.

"Everyone has a wicked side."

Their definition of Wicked being lending a chair from the pub over the road or something else thats far from being "Wicked."

Annoying as fuck.

Trying to market them to gangs of lads is a bit strange too. I'll sometimes have an alco-pop if I'm in a club and I've had a few beers and fancy a change, but I can't conceive of a gang of 'lads' all stood around talking about tits and f**ty and all swilling back bubblegum-flavoured WKD.

The should market it by using look-a-likes of the likes of Hitler and Fred West and show them drinking it.

Yes! The adverts piss me the fuck off too! Is it a WKD ad when there is some fat fuck lying in bed with a cold and he's asking his missus to feed him or something when playing on the PS3? Yes, you wicked whacky crazy muthafucker you! The Carling adverts are good though IMO, with the group of mates in the Arctic and the Space one.

I am the same S31, I may have the odd VK or something if i am out in a club and I've had a skin full of ale beforehand and feeling bloated, or when I'm acting the cunt and necking shit. But then, and only then. I'd never ever walk in to a boozer and order a WKD or a VK as a normal drink to sup. I see it now and then though in the bar I work, lad's ordering shit like that when they are just stood with there mates having a couple. Strange. And a strange marketing focus from the company too, they should just have an advert with some skank getting drilled in the Pleasure Room toilets with a WKD in her hand, or even Danielle Smith with one up her clunge! The "Have you got a WKD side?" slogan would be much more fitting then.

Agree about the Carling adverts being well done. Lager is what the vast majority of men drink, whether it be watching the footy in the boozer or on a night out with the lads. It's also well done, it has a certain ring of humanity about it, always help out your mates and etc.

The Wicked advert though is totally unrealistic. WKD is the last drink when you are fucking hammered. The adverts should show a bunch of lads pissed off there faces and then buying a WKD and pulling some munter on the dancefloor.

Agree about the Carling adverts being well done. Lager is what the vast majority of men drink, whether it be watching the footy in the boozer or on a night out with the lads. It's also well done, it has a certain ring of humanity about it, always help out your mates and etc.

The Wicked advert though is totally unrealistic. WKD is the last drink when you are fucking hammered. The adverts should show a bunch of lads pissed off there faces and then buying a WKD and pulling some munter on the dancefloor.

They could follow me and my mates for a few weeks and would have all the footage of that they would ever need.

Carling & WKD ads are marketed at the type of middle class lads that go to international matches in fancy dress and boo after 20 mins if England aren't 3-0 up. They also have wacky nick names like socksey.

Damn right. Seen the advert from the original post. Fuckin shite. What a wacky, groovy, cool wicked cunt

I'm trying to decide which is worst to drink - Carling or WKD. I'll plump for WKD, it's just coloured sugar and is for complete and utter fannies. Carling is fucking vile too but I suppose I can understand it if someone is utterly skint (even though higher alcohol lager works out better value in the longer run).

As for the adverts, well, I don't watch adverts.

I don’t think that they are purposely marketing them at lads though. They have incredibly strict rules on whom and how you can market Alco pops. Basically they can’t show a gang of young attractive women having a good time in a swanky bar as that would be role modelling for the core customer of the drink. So I assume the only way they can get an appearence on telly is to do what they do and attempt to soften the image by showing mid 20 to 30’s blokes enjoying them in a supposedly humorous way.

Obviously they can’t actually show gangs of scally girls getting leathered in parks, jeering at passing old ladies, then finally getting knocked up on a park roundabout by a lad wearing a trackie about two years older and a little near the knuckle for being knicked for shagging jail bait. Or a gang of fat lasses in a dreary northern town flashing their tits at a copper at kicking out time, before being taken round the back alley for a two's up with a the kebab shop owner and his brother.

I don’t think that they are purposely marketing them at lads though. They have incredibly strict rules on whom and how you can market Alco pops. Basically they can’t show a gang of young attractive women having a good time in a swanky bar as that would be role modelling for the core customer of the drink. So I assume the only way they can get an appearence on telly is to do what they do and attempt to soften the image by showing mid 20 to 30’s blokes enjoying them in a supposedly humorous way.

Obviously they can’t actually show gangs of scally girls getting leathered in parks, jeering at passing old ladies, then finally getting knocked up on a park roundabout by a lad wearing a trackie about two years older and a little near the knuckle for being knicked for shagging jail bait. Or a gang of fat lasses in a dreary northern town flashing their tits at a copper at kicking out time, before being taken round the back alley for a two's up with a the kebab shop owner and his brother.

British culture. Best in the world.