You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see it happening. Maybe Llorente would be a more realistic target, seems to have all the right attributes to play in the premier league - reminds me of Torres alot not in the way he plays, but as in young, playing at a club with passionate fan base, star player, plays on his own up front etc etc.... think he would really be a star in the prem.

Can't see it happening. Maybe Llorente would be a more realistic target, seems to have all the right attributes to play in the premier league - reminds me of Torres alot not in the way he plays, but as in young, playing at a club with passionate fan base, star player, plays on his own up front etc etc.... think he would really be a star in the prem.

Llorente would be ace.

He is ace, but I just think right wing is more of a priority. Plus, would Torres and Villa be more effective than Torres and Gerrard? Going on what I saw at Euro 2008 I would have to say no.

They would be better and Torres, Villa and gerrard would be absolutely magnificent.

There are loads of myths going around about Torres and Villa not being able to play together, its on level with the myth about how Henry struggled in his first season for Arsenal, the same season he scored 26 goals for the club.

Torres and Villa have a superb record on international level when they have played together, I guess a few people not being able to see the big picture thinks its not working since Villa have outscored Torres so this means Torres will struggle.

Who cares if Torres only scores 15 league goals if Villa scores 25 and Gerrard probably around 10 on top of that.

I did some research about this last summer before the Euro`s maybe its still on YNWA, unless they deleted posts when they banned everyone who did not share the same soap.

If anyone can find it I will happily update it, but dont think I will bother collecting everything from the off again based on only a rumour.

If someone can dig them up, I`ll write a bit about why I think Villa would fit in like a hand in a glove as well and how he is everything and more those who thought Keane would be a great second striker thought he would turn out to be.

Anyone else been hearing we've already signed him? Cant see it myself like but i've heard it off a few different people now. One of whom work for The Echo and knew about Torres before it was announced.

Like i say, probably bollocks especially as he's said he didn't want ot leave Spain but just wondering if other people have heard this?

So did a lot of other people, it was common knowledge that he wanted to come here well before he actually signed.

Would rather us keep the system we're playing and buy Walcott for the right and a decent striker as cover for Torres.

Villa is class but my view is that Torres plays better on his own up top and prefers it. Whilst their record may be good together, I think Fernando is happier playing on his own. We need to build around him, Stevie, Alonso and Masch. Buying a class player and moulding a formation to include him well set us back IMO.

Wtf?

Like signing Keane again?

:ermm:

Villa would be the best signing we possible could make and you can quote me on that.

Just don't see where he'd fit in to be honest. The Gerrard and Torres partnership is ace. Why fuck with it? Get some better quality on the wings and at fullback and we'd be laughing.

Question for Kaizer. If buying Villa, was only possible in Rafa's mind, if we sold Alonso and bought Barry to accomodate a different formation, would you be happy with losing Alonso for Villa?

Of course the ideal situation would be to have Alonso and Villa.

Alonso is my favourite player at the club and I think he is vital for us in the way he makes the players around him better through keeping posession, playing the right passes, always being availible for a pass etc

But actually I think I could have been able to handle the loss if we brought in Villa and Barry, but Alonso would be even better than he has been this season with all three of Torres, Villa and Gerrard in constant movement infront of him.

Personally I think D.Villa is the best striker in the world.