You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

League stats:

03/04: 38(38+0) - 17 goals - Zaragoza

04/05: 33(30+3) - 15 goals - Zaragoza

05/06: 37(35+2) - 25 goals

06/07: 36(35+1) - 16 goals

07/08: 28(26+2) - 18 goals

08/09: 21(21+0) - 17 goals

Total: 193(185+8) - 108 goals

Valencia: 122(117+5) - 76 goals

In the season he only scored 16 goals for Valencia he got 12 assists.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VALENCIA CF

Villa and Silva, for a credit guarantee

President Vicente Soriano has requested a loan of 100 million euros to a foreign entity to cover upcoming payments

Vincent Soriano met with three of the four captains of the template to announce that this week and also charged that the club will pay them "soon" cards scheduled for this February. Accompanied by Vice President Sports, Fernando Gomez, and the director general, Javier Gomez, the president used the closed session at Mestalla to speak with Marchena, Albiol and Vincent. The fourth captain, Villa, you missed having to participate with others in an act of trading one of the sponsors of the team Cevisama. Soriano made a commitment last week to the players this week to delay the payment of the cards but has been unable to meet

Carlos Urrutia - 14/02/2009 03:00 from El Mundo

Valencia lives haunted by a brutal financial crisis that has left them with no liquid in the box to meet the payments of the tabs in the template. The club 'che' has a debt of around 650 million and the bills are piling up. Given the impossibility of selling land lso Mestalla by 300 million euros, the president Vicente Soriano has already been convinced that the transfer of its greatest assets, players like Villa and Silva is the only solution.

Faced with this dire financial situation, Soriano last week extended the application for a credit of 100 million euros to a foreign entity to cover upcoming payments, as revealed yesterday by the newspaper ABC. A provision that would interest high, at between 17 and 20%. The club would use the revenue as security for the future transfer of its star players, although 50% of their rights and are backing the City Council for operating Ribarroja Porxinos, where the future is planned Sports City. The newspaper has consulted with experts who see economic sources "very difficult for a bank granted a loan of that amount to a customer as high risk."

Soriano is still turning heads for a jet to alleviate the precarious economic situation inherited from the club presidency Soler. And then must cope with the media representation of staff and the technical staff, which is owed half the tab. In total, an amount close to 16 million euros.

The manager, meanwhile, is negotiating for a new contract for television rights of the parties. Telecinco Mediapro and maintain a pulse, although the chain would Jaume Roures the closest would be this piece of cake for 250 million football for five seasons. Moreover, the same newspaper says that the entity madrileño Valencianista has reached an agreement with the brand Kappa deropa sports apparel for the team starting next year. The contract involves an injection of 5.5 million for each of the following three seasons.

Either way, all problems are difficult to solve. Last Thursday expired the time allowed for payment of the certificates of the months of July and August at the UTE (FCC-Bertolín) that builds the future stadium Valencians. The payment is 14 million euros since the end of the month wins another 5 'pounds'. As if this were not enough, next Monday, the club must comply with the Treasury and pay 9.5 million euros in income tax for the chips. Short-term bills are piling, and no one can see the tunnel exit.

AS.com published today Juve Sports Director ( Alessio Secco) has offered, at a meeting in Seville this week, to pay 25m euros cash now for Silva with a further 5m add-ons, 5 year contract 4.5m per year. Silva is meeting with Soriano next week to discuss the offer.

Villa: 'I'm made to succeed in England'

MADRID (AFP) — Spain's Euro 2008 golden boot winner David Villa has become Spanish football's most-wanted man and cash-strapped Valencia may be forced to sell their highly-prized asset in the summer.

Villa, 27, made history when he became the first Spanish player to score in six successive internationals following his goal in Wednesday's 2-0 friendly win over England.

"It gives me enormous pleasure to have scored again and to know that I've achieved something that nobody else has done," said Villa

"But, as I always say, the most important thing is that my goals help the team and that we continue the way we have been going.

"It's not necessarily straightforward to score (at international level), but in a team like this, with this quality, you know that you are not going to be lacking in opportunities."

Former Spanish internationals Telmo Zarra and Ladislao Kubala had scored in five successive internationals, but Villa was the first to score in six.

Spain are unbeaten in 29 games, incredibly winning 27 of them, and Villa now has a strike rate of 25 goals in 42 internationals.

While Spain rely on Villa, Valencia are even more dependent on the prolific target-man who has scored 18 out of their 43 league goals this season.

Villa was hot property in the summer after firing Spain to Euro 2008 glory - with the tabloids labelling him 'maravilla' which translates as 'wonder'.

After missing out on Manchester United winger Ronaldo, Spanish champions Real offered a reported 45 million euros for him, but Valencia didn't want to do business and the striker signed a contract extension until 2014.

"The club wanted to keep me and I feel comfortable here so it is all fine," Villa explained at the time.

However, Valencia's financial problems are well known and the club may choose to cash-in or alternatively sell his Spanish international team-mate David Silva.

At 27, Villa could also feel the time is right especially with Valencia, currently 22 points behind Barcelona, looking far from title challengers.

Real, Barcelona, Liverpool and Arsenal have all been mentioned as potential suitors for the former Real Zaragoza man.

"I think I'm made to succeed in England," Villa has been quoted as saying. "However, of course it is one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it."

Unless our ownership changes in the next few months he'll end up at Manchester City or United. No point pretending otherwise.

or Barca, dependent upon Mr Eto'o, think they are trying to tie him down now as to whether he wants to stay or not, he can walk away free at the end of next season and they won't be wanting that.

I don't think Benitez wants him. If he did I think Villa would come here and force a move through at a competetive price.

Like I said earlier, Villa was the first striker Rafa really wanted to sign for this club, so why should he he not want him now if ti was possible, especially considering how him and Torres complements each other so well?

Like I said earlier, Villa was the first striker Rafa really wanted to sign for this club, so why should he he not want him now if ti was possible, especially considering how him and Torres complements each other so well?

Because he's got Torres and they don't compliment each other.

Because he's got Torres and they don't compliment each other.

Cant agree with any of that, their movement and understanding of each other are superb.

Villa likes to drop deep, while Torres likes to drift wide, when one do you can be sure the other one is sniffing around the last defender ready to make his move.

The work hard, they are both strong with excellent technique, pace and finishing of the highest quality.

As a partnership for Spain they have a better than 1 in 1 record if I remember correctly, thats awesome.

Cant agree with any of that, their movement and understanding of each other are superb.

Villa likes to drop deep, while Torres likes to drift wide, when one do you can be sure the other one is sniffing around the last defender ready to make his move.

The work hard, they are both strong with excellent technique, pace and finishing of the highest quality.

As a partnership for Spain they have a better than 1 in 1 record if I remember correctly, thats awesome.

Well take that spain team and replace Villa with Gerrard and you'd be getting two goals a game.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Just don't think we need him. Only scenario where i can see spending £30+m making sense is if Gerrard is moved to the wings on a more permanent basis.

So nah, i'd rather go out and buy Maxi Rodriguez for half the price, or spend big on Ribery.

I like the sound of that

I'd like to see us go for Simao, Rodriguez and Bent in the summer, with Babel and Kuyt (although unlikely) being sold.

Simao / Yossi competing for the right sided role.

Rodriguez / Riera on the left.

Gerrard behind Torres, but when used in centre midfield then Rodriguez or Simao could play behind Torres.

Bent as back up for Torres, as he can play as a lone striker.

At home imagine this team trying to beat the weaker teams in this league:

Simao-------Gerrard-------Alonso-------Riera

-------------Torres------Rodriguez----------

Team with more craft than graft.

Anyone who says Torres and Villa compliment eachother obviously didn't see the Euros. I think Villa can play with anyone, he scores whether Torres is in the team or not but our Fernando likes the penalty box to himself and likes the lone role with a deep lying striker behind him. So getting Villa will get us more goals but we would have a 50% Torres IMO.

So after finding a system that gets the best out of our best players, you suddenly want to revert back to a traditional set up and the age old quest of accomodating Gerrard and finding two wingers with the required quality?

Torres/Gerrard is better.

I would play Gerrard in his best position, starting from the right in a three behind the striker.

I`m not really impressed with Gerrard behind Torres, more often than not it does not suit him at all and it restricts his movement.

Won't happen, so what's the point of signing player and disrupting a settled system?

Because it would make it better, they day you think you have the perfect set up and think you cant improve on it is the day you will start going downhill.

The Gerrard-Torres combo is good, but its not great and certainly not perfect

It's hardly cutting edge going back to two strikers is it?

You could have a case if Gerrard/Torres wasn't as good as Villa/Torres. We'd also lack the genuine wide players to make a 4-4-2 work effectively, and if we buy Villa we certainly won't be getting any of those.

Currently, we're at our strongest in midfield, so why change it?

Edited by ScottyT