You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez coming on sly sports news now

ratcatcher

Quality ... Always best to get the first punch in and that is what Rafa has done in a calculated attack with the knowledge that there can be no response after the crucial match against Chelsea for United. I'm sure Chelsea will jump on this if there is any decision against the grain putting the referee under huge pressure .... remember last season there were contreversial sending offs for Mascherano and Mikel in the first 35 minutes of the game effectively killing both games in United's favour.

Time to get behind the team and roar them home to number 19.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anything that Rafa says to put pressure on the officials and counter what Ferguson does before a big game is fantastic

he should do it more often

I'm pleased he mentioned Bennett and he said he has the Wigan game in hand at Old trafford! everyone will be watching Bennett very closely now

Guest davelfc
its a simple case of backing it up. We stuff stoke he's a genius. In fact you could say its a "stoke of genius" (I've written the headline already!)

or

Stoke that in your pipe, fergie.

I'd get the lads in on Monday, irrespective of the result on Saturday, and ask them all what they'd be willing to sacrifice to win the title. On the assumption that they'd all be willing to work together on this (OK, not Itandje), I'd stick them on a minibus to a private mystery destination in the country.

For the remainder of the season, (or at least until the start of April by which time we've sown no 19 up) the lads will live in a bubble. Away from all media influences and all the grade-A bollocks that will be written and spoken until that point. Time will be spent in a world of hyper-training, forming a perfect footballing behemoth.

If it was me, I'd be the first on the bus. If for the one and only reason that I wouldn't have to listen to any more of the world's most piss-poor mind-game attempts by Ferguson. It fuckin boils my piss.

What do the press expect us to believe? That he's a purple-nosed Derren Brown? That you could be in a bar when Ferguson taps you on the shoulder saying "Son, I don't think you want to drink that..." only for you to inexplicably hand him the drink? "Oooh I dunno why I had to do that, he's like some Glaswegian Jedi."

So good on ya Rafa, that was the message I got from it.

Fuck yas lads, I thought it was class. That was a big FUCK OFF to that red-nosed cunt

Haven't seen this, but I like the sound of it too, I'm fed up of seeing us always play it straight well everyone else spouts whatever they want - about time Ferguson got some back IMO.

The best thing about this is the pre-mediatated cool clam and collected way it was presented. Somebody should have done this a long time ago, delighted that Rafa is that one. For too long people have been afraid to stand up to that bile filled old bollix, he breaks every rule in the book and claims they are the victims.

This will put pressure on refs to stand up to United and that can only be a good thing.

That's brilliant that is. I'm buzzing here so I can't even imagine what the players feel like. I can picture Rafa telling the lads that they have to not only beat Utd, but also their cheating manager and the FA to win the title. The boys will be physed up to the nines! We'll either be 3-0 up at Stoke at half time, or down to 8 men!

I'm over the moon that Rafa has said what everyone else thinks. He's called them cheats and I love it. This is well and truly ON! Ferguson is going to have to be very careful how he replies here. It would be easy for him to do a Keegan on it, and I'd love it if he did, as it were.

I'm pleased he mentioned Bennett and he said he has the Wigan game in hand at Old trafford! everyone will be watching Bennett very closely now

this point is key, many liverpool fans maybe rolling their eyes thinking this outburst is ill advices but the truth is the refs will now pounce on fergie if he bad mouths them and again and bennett will try and be unbiased as possible the next time he refs united becasue he knows all eyes will be on him.

what has he said

Someone probably already has, but here you are

Go Rafa, take it to the drunken scotsman. All the pressure is now of Fergie to respond, fergie will be doing his nut ! Every time united get a decision at home it will be scrutinised, they'll be watched like a hawk. Usually, Rafa cocks up with his mind games, but i like this one.

Ferguson will be loving this, he's got what he wanted.

Engagement is how he starts up all the shit.

I honestly wish he'd of kept his mouth shut but I seem to be in a minority.

I'm 50/50, I understand why you feel that way, but on the other hand, I'm glad he responded.

That's funny, but I wish he's kept it quiet. Instead of deflecting it, Rafa's heaped a whole load of pressure on the players though - they'll be terrified to lose the upcoming games now, as they won't want to see their manager lose face. Maybe that's not a bad thing.

If the players start to feel pressure due to this than I have to question their mental fortitude and whether they have what it takes to be champions

When i heard about this i feared the worst. I though "oh shit, he's got to Rafa and our manager's had a big rant". Then i saw saw the footage and Rafa was composed and spoke the truth that no journo's have the bollocks to point out.

Fucking well in Rafa, about time someone pointed out how that cunt throws his authority about.

Ferguson has made a career out of putting pressure on referees, not only those that are in charge of United games, but also other games that are key for them.

Benitez giving such an obviously premeditated speech on this is clearly throwing down the gauntlet, but what the fuck, this is what title fights are all about, and we're definitely in one.