You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Spurs go down, who should we sign??

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate over here is a massive spuds fan. His team in Sweden is IFK Norrköping. Here is the table for the Swedish top division...

Kalmar FF 26 17 3 6 58-29 29 54

IF Elfsborg 25 15 6 4 37-11 26 51

IFK Göteborg 26 13 8 5 41-21 20 47

Helsingborgs IF 25 14 5 6 46-33 13 47

Halmstads BK 26 11 6 9 38-31 7 39

AIK 26 9 9 8 29-29 0 36

Djurgården 25 9 9 7 28-30 -2 36

Hammarby 25 9 8 8 34-36 -2 35

GAIS 26 8 11 7 27-30 -3 35

Trelleborgs FF 25 8 10 7 25-22 3 34

Malmö FF 26 8 8 10 35-42 -7 32

Örebro 25 7 9 9 26-35 -9 30

Ljungskile SK 26 6 5 15 21-42 -21 23

Gefle IF 25 5 6 14 22-32 -10 21

GIF Sundsvall 25 4 6 15 21-42 -21 18

IFK Norrköping FK 26 3 7 16 24-47 -23 16

Did you know?..

When Robbie Keane left wolves, they got relegated.

When Robbie Keane left Coventry, they got relegated.

When Robbie Keane left Leeds, they got relegated.

When Robbie Keane left Spurs, .......

oh dear

Yeah, Inter Milan have really been up shit creek since Robbie left them...

Darren Bent. With Bent, Torres and Keane, I think we'd finally have a pretty solid strike force for the squad.

I have a feeling he's going to be brilliant. Maybe when he leaves Tottenham, or if they get their act together and he decides to stay. He should easily be a good and possibly consistent England striker aswell if/when he's put into the team. I know many don't care about England here, it's just something that's come to mind a good few times when I've thought about him. Won't be surprised at all if a lot of clubs are after him at the end of the season either.

Fuck, that'd be another uproar, Berba, Keane, then they finally have another good one and he's off too. If they're hitting the championship though, they can't really complain.

Weren't we all wanking over Modric and Pavlechenko a few weeks back?

Bale and Bent.

Pavlyuchenko was never anything but shit. I'd easily have Modric. He's a luxury Spurs can't afford at the moment, but will flourish when he moves to a more confident side.

Bent would be good, pacey back-up. Bale makes too many mistakes to be a regular for us, but he would be a good understudy to LFC-legend Dossena. He also needs to sew in those ears, as he loses a lot of pace because of them.

Pavlyuchenko was never anything but shit. I'd easily have Modric. He's a luxury Spurs can't afford at the moment, but will flourish when he moves to a more confident side.

Bent would be good, pacey back-up. Bale makes too many mistakes to be a regular for us, but he would be a good understudy to LFC-legend Dossena. He also needs to sew in those ears, as he loses a lot of pace because of them.

What a load of shit... He's a good striker with potential of being class. His positioning is quite good, he has fantastic pace for someone his height, a good engine, and good technical ability.

He is easily fucking better than Bent.

Modric looks a quality player but he will flourish in Italy or Spain... not here.

I tell you what I like about Bent - he's got a good all round game with few weaknesses and lots of strengths.

He can head the ball, hold it up, shoot, has some pace and he's one of few players who can play as a lone striker, as he showed with Charlton with great effect. When Torres is injured, I think we don't have another player who can play as a lone striker, but Bent could do this role for us and very well. He won't be dynamic as Torres, but then not many are, only Villa could probably offer that. But he'd be a very fine back up or boost to the squad, assuming it was the right price.

I also think Bale would be a great addition at left back, I like him.

What a load of shit... He's a good striker with potential of being class. His positioning is quite good, he has fantastic pace for someone his height, a good engine, and good technical ability.

He is easily fucking better than Bent.

Modric looks a quality player but he will flourish in Italy or Spain... not here.

He'll turn 27 in december, he better get cracking if he has any plans of becoming world class. But I highly doubt that, he's got his big pay day and can go out on the vodka every day for the rest of his life.