You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nice report, though not quite as some City fans saw the match……….

Liverpool Match - Page 23 - Manchester City Forums

Page 23

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

This is the most gutted I've been after a game in years. I am truly, desperately, gutted.

fucking scouse bastards..hope that pricks legs is broke..

Thats me done..

we did'nt deserve this.....

Clearly to get into the top four, you need a large suitcase of cash for the ref each game!!

Cheating fucking pricks. Well done scousers, you must be so proud of being able to win a game by cheating.

COmmentators are talking like liverpool are gonna win the league. Retarded c^nts. They're not even close to good enough. They paid for the win today. No wonder they can't get their stadium built. All their money has gone to referees.

we had these pricks beat until that sending off fucked it all up , Liverpool wont win the league , they are biz, not in the same class as chelsea .

Referee = scouse fan. End of it. C^nts.

That was a fucking sickener. May there be the worst violence in years outside the stadium.

We all knew were not top 4 material yet . It's always gutting to loose a two goal lead , but we certainly pushed Liverpool much harder than we have in years and with a couple of decent additions in Jan I don't see us being very far of them in terms of quality .

You shouldn't need a world class defence to defend a 2 goal lead, even with 10 men. Zabaleta got sent off, but his replacement was Richards who's one of the best right backs in the country, and Kompany replaced him, who's an out and out centre half. They should've had no problem, but they bottled it.

we were never going to get a result when we had ten men...specially since they had 12...fuckin scouse bastards

Can't agree. Ten men against Liverpool with Torres and Keane is not 'no problem'. They're a handfull at the best of times. Kompany switching meant Gerrard getting a free run at us. Made all the difference.

I think he'll be fine. Just took a kicking from Skertel who got away with it... Or not. Karma innit.

How the hell did Skretrl or whatever the hell his name is not get a card for kicking Jo in the back.

The ref was paid not to book Liverpool players. Simple as that. It seems we're going to have to get used to biased refereeing against us. They are determined to keep the big 4 on top and won't abide us gatecrashing the event.

Yes, in some sort of maschistic way, it's a little reassuring when things like this happen. In our hearts we know it's still that team that returns our love with torment.

Had a wife like that once, come to think of it.

The home supporters even taunted the travelling fans with chants of, “We’re gonna take Gerrard” and “Shall we build a ground for you?” as their team dominated in the opening period.

I've gotta have a bit of sense of humour there and think that second one is pretty funny given our current situation, but that first chant is just sad. The money thing has gone to some of their heads quite badly by the looks of it, but hopefully they'll chill out soon, when they realise that it's gonna take a while for them to get a decent squad put together.

It'll be interesting seeing what Hughes/Abu Dhabi do in january with them, especially when it comes to defenders and their midfield, which probably need sorting out the most by far.

Best thing I've read about the game so far is this peach from Chris Bailey, writing in the Manchester Evening News:

City were dealt a cruel blow in the 67th minute when the hitherto superb Pablo Zabaleta was sent off for a rule-breaking but not dangerous two-footed tackle on Alonso.

I've e-mailed the paper to make them aware that one of their writers appears to have shat his brains out all over the sports pages. I bet I don't get any thanks from them.

(Edit: Believe it or not, the MEN's sports writing is usually quite fair. The report on the United game this year, for example, basically said "Liverpool fucked them all ends up.")

I went to the match with a mate of mine (city fan) his son (liverpool fan) and my daughter. I was in the city end family area. I never at any stage thought we could not get back into the game. They had 2 chances in the 1st half and took them. i thought most of the first and basically all the second half we out played them.

Passing at time was excellent. A large portion of city fans even clapped a passing move of ours of about 20+ passes. Then we scored our first and ione guy was giving it 'gerrard you c**t, where's your missus the s**g, dirty scouse b*****ds, plus a few other things i do not want to type but i think you can guess. My daughter (who's eight) was asking why he was swearing so much, really spoilt it for me as a day out. But best of all as we levelled and went ahead his angry just grew and grew, and by the end he had climbed 4 or 5 rows to have a fight with another city fan who had told him to fuck off. Class act he rally was, really enjoyed watching him getting wound up, getting just what he and his team deserved on the day.

Also pointed out if they are so rich, why are they renting a stadium? :P

I went to the match with a mate of mine (city fan) his son (liverpool fan) and my daughter. I was in the city end family area. I never at any stage thought we could not get back into the game. They had 2 chances in the 1st half and took them. i thought most of the first and basically all the second half we out played them.

Passing at time was excellent. A large portion of city fans even clapped a passing move of ours of about 20+ passes. Then we scored our first and ione guy was giving it 'gerrard you c**t, where's your missus the s**g, dirty scouse b*****ds, plus a few other things i do not want to type but i think you can guess. My daughter (who's eight) was asking why he was swearing so much, really spoilt it for me as a day out. But best of all as we levelled and went ahead his angry just grew and grew, and by the end he had climbed 4 or 5 rows to have a fight with another city fan who had told him to fuck off. Class act he rally was, really enjoyed watching him getting wound up, getting just what he and his team deserved on the day.

Also pointed out if they are so rich, why are they renting a stadium? :P

Don't take your kids to a football match if you don't want them to hear swearing.

I agree with Dave's assessment. I didn't think we were poor in the first half as people made out.

We had the majority of the ball but our final ball was a lacking. Reina had a couple of saves to make from distance but that was about it. I wouldn't say their goals came out the blue but they were certainly against the run of play.

Second half was pretty much the same as the first but only the final ball was there.

Come back or not, it was a deserved 3 points.