You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai and Liverpool FC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Im hopeful whats happening at City will help move things along for a couple of reasons...

1. Dubai and Abu-Dhabi do like to compete, hopefully DIC will get their competitive juices flowing seeing whats happening at City and bite the bullet even if it means paying more than they should. The truth is while they'd not throw money at us because they are shrewd business men, money isn't really a factor for them, they could spend £1 billion on buying us if they wanted too.

So while id hate to think of G+H getting more than they should by selling maybe whats happening at City will be enough for DIC to pay a little extra to get us.

2. The more PL clubs that get taken over by billionaires the less likely that CL place becomes. Without a new stadium the reasons for G+H buying is alreadt greatly diminished take away a further £20 million a season from the CL and there really is no motivation in them hanging on.

The club is in a position where we need to speculate to accumulate G+H don't have the finances to be able to speculate by building a new stadium or investing in the team, without that investment what they can get out of the club vanishes.

Hopefully they've realised this by now, obviously not being able to build the stadium is a big sign, hopefully whats happened at City will push DIC to go that extra mile.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dubai may well offer Hicks and Gillett a little more but you have to remember the transfer window is going to shut in half hour so they can take their time regards making an improved offer.

You also have to remember that Dubai are confident that the banks will not grant an extension to the current owners beyond January so they will need to sell.

It depends on how quickly Dubai want to act as i have heard similar to ShanksLegend on RAWK that Dubai are not too pleased about their Arab friends getting a Premiership club before themselves and the fact that the potential new owners of Man City mentioned they were offered Liverpool but did not want them.

People meniton DIC but i believe that ship has sailed and its most likely to either be Sheikh Maktoum himself who is taking a far more personal interest or Dubai Holding of which DIC is a subsidary of.

If im honest i would prefer it to be Dubai Holding who attempt to buy us as they are do not need to justify their expenditure as much as DIC would.

Im sure your right they can be patient, maybe inside their seething about whats happened at Man City but they also know G+H are in a bad situation so i doubt they'll give them anything they don't have to even if they could. Probably the best option for them is to wait for G+H to run out of options which could be sooner rather than later.

Without a new stadium the reason for them staying goes, add to that the very real possibility that CL football is no longer a guarantee and what they can get out of the club vanishes (without investing in a new stadium and new players)

They don't have the means to invest whats necessary to take the club to the next level and everyone knows it. Without going to that next level theres the very real possibility that they'll own a mid level PL team whose fans hate them.

I wish they would, especially after today but whilst my heart thinks they will want to own Liverpool more then ever as who would have the most prestige owning Man City or a world famous club like Liverpool but my head says that whilst they want to own Liverpool they know from a business point of view waiting whlist close to January makes a more sensible option.

I wish they would, especially after today but whilst my heart thinks they will want to own Liverpool more then ever as who would have the most prestige owning Man City or a world famous club like Liverpool but my head says that whilst they want to own Liverpool they know from a business point of view waiting whlist close to January makes a more sensible option.

If they do buy us it could get pretty crazy in the PL with Dubai, Abu-Dhabi and Abramovich all trying to outdo each other, im not sure id like us to be treated as some sort of toy in a rich mans game although at the moment anything is better that what we have.

I think you're right they're probably seething inside that Abu-Dhabi seem to have stolen a match on them but there really is no point in them being impulsive, they can afford to wait. The transfer window is over anyway so they could have no impact on the team until January.

Hopefully though whats happened at City will mean they're more determined than ever to buy us, and that combined with the situation G+H find themselves in will make this happen before next season starts.

Liverpool will always be bigger than Citeh and the chavs, always, they simply will never be able to buy what we've got, they'll never have the fanbase we've got or the world standing we enjoy, despite all of their bullshit 'we'll be the biggest club in the world' bollocks.

You can't destroy a name, and you can't buy one.

Owning LFC would be the biggest prize in football on a par with Real Madrid and AC Milan, I can't believe there's not been more of a concerted effort to aquire us, it's mystifying.

Liverpool will always be bigger than Citeh and the chavs, always, they simply will never be able to buy what we've got, they'll never have the fanbase we've got or the world standing we enjoy, despite all of their bullshit 'we'll be the biggest club in the world' bollocks.

You can't destroy a name, and you can't buy one.

Owning LFC would be the biggest prize in football on a par with Real Madrid and AC Milan, I can't believe there's not been more of a concerted effort to aquire us, it's mystifying.

it is pretty hard to belive, especially looking at our record,

i dont know anybody that gets money on past records, not even the Beatles, thanks to Wacko Jacko

ah fuck it, im going to bed, maybe i will see Liverpool return to the glory days of my single figure age, i certainly fucking hope so

From what people have reported on here about Shankslegend's predictions I wouldn't trust him as far as I can shit.

Maybe they should report more? Or you should stop shitting over the edge of cliffs ;)

He's been very reliable over the last couple of years - doesn't sensationalise news and often just passes info onto mods so we can disseminate without it being attached to his name. One of the very, very few posters across all the sites that has passed the bullshit detector and I'd say is worth checking out.

The caveat, as it is with the mightily reliable Dave U, Elisha on ynwa, Johnny Mac on raotl etc is sometimes things turn out differently to what you've been told. The football business isn't an exact science and the value of your rumourinformation can rise as well as fall.

I think the City takeover is another nail in the coffin for the two yanks. No ground, no money and now a team that is going to burst into the top four, at someones expense and quite possibly ours.

So that would in a year or two leave us with not only no stadium but no Champions League Football.

I live in hope they will see sense and take their profit and run, although I would not be surprised if they hang in. Time to up the ante and get them out.

I think people are overestimating what City can achieve this season, the transfer window's closed and they have Mark Hughes as manager, they're not going to want him in there because he's not a big enough name, look forward to some machinations behind the scenes with some managerial pop star probably already lined up to replace him come January.

I think people are overestimating what City can achieve this season, the transfer window's closed and they have Mark Hughes as manager, they're not going to want him in there because he's not a big enough name, look forward to some machinations behind the scenes with some managerial pop star probably already lined up to replace him come January.

Yes of course it is too late this year but it is the year after I am thinking about.

Unless we get new owners in we will have zilch to spend next summer, that is what I am worried about.

I wish people wouldn't stick it to sources like ShanksLegend, just fuck off with your "He is bullshitting" and take it for what its worth. More than a few people have vouched for him, and the same shit led The Count to stop posting valuable information even if six months he was proven right.

We need to get shot of these asap, or we're going to go down hill.

Yes of course it is too late this year but it is the year after I am thinking about.

Unless we get new owners in we will have zilch to spend next summer, that is what I am worried about.

True, hopefully our own house will be in order by then. I think City will struggle to attract the top players though regardless of the money they've got, the chavs have got the lure of London.

Players who come for money aren't arsed about a club 'going places' they just want somewhere to spend their shit.

And I want to know why Man City have found two investors in one year while it took us a few million to find a pair of fucking cunts anyone with a search engine could've seen were cunts. I will seriously punch that fat fuck Moores in the face if I ever saw him.

A fella I know already did, albeit 24 years ago.