You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai and Liverpool FC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool will always be bigger than Citeh and the chavs, always, they simply will never be able to buy what we've got, they'll never have the fanbase we've got or the world standing we enjoy, despite all of their bullshit 'we'll be the biggest club in the world' bollocks.

You can't destroy a name, and you can't buy one.

Owning LFC would be the biggest prize in football on a par with Real Madrid and AC Milan, I can't believe there's not been more of a concerted effort to aquire us, it's mystifying.

Very unfair to put City in the same bracket as Chelsea at least they have real fans with real history.

Think its very easy to be disillusioned with football when your team doesn't have a billionaire owner but if what was happening at City was happening here im sure most people wouldn't care about the game in general.

History counts for a lot in football but if your not winning that history and heritage can soon be forgotten there are many examples of once big clubs now in the lower leagues. The sad but true state of affairs is a team like Man City that have always really been also rans can now become very real challengers for the CL in the next 2-3 seasons because they have been taken over by very rich men prepared to throw hundreds of millions of pounds on players.

The bottom line is if we don't get owners with huge personal fortunes prepared to invest that into a new stadium and top players in 2-3 years time we'll be scrapping for UEFA Cup places. Thats just the reality of the PL at the moment, personally i think we're too big a club to go to the dogs it may get a lot worse before it gets better but things happen so fast in football it would only really take 1 poor season for G+H to feel the pinch.

They were banking on building a new stadium to increase our match day revenue, they can't afford to build it, and im sure they were banking on the £20 million a season the CL brings in, without that money theres no way they can improve the team, no way they can significently improve the matchday revenue to a point where they can use that money to pay the interest on the loans they took out.

They're running out of options really.

Acording to Shanks on rawk:

Potential takeover news

Having spent this afternoon reading through that TLW thread, what i told the mods and couldn't tell you is mentioned in their takeover thread to do with Hicks and bankrupcy. Now someone else has mentioned it and its out in the open, you can see why i could not say anything the other week.

I have not heard anything today, the information i posted yesterday was what i was told last week.

As it stands now i have not heard anything, its just gonna b a marathon now rather then a sprint waiting for things to happen now. There is a lot of discussion that needs to take place and the fact DIC need to come closer to the figures G+H want. It was mentioned the fact that other business incentives may be offered.

So we just have to see what happens now by holding tight. I really as much as you all do don't ever want my hopes dashed again.

Having looked through today what has happened with city, i have a broken heart feeling at the min for some reason and just want the love of my life back at the top with the best of everything.

---------------------------------

I know he gets a bit os stick here but imo the lad is genuine

Its one of the drawbacks of using debt to make money in a recession.

However I reckon he's easilly got most of his assets protected even if he personally goes bankrupt, the only good thing is that BOS could imediately forclose on the debt.

foreclose on the debt? seizing the club?

foreclose on the debt? seizing the club?

21 days to repay the loan in full or they stick in recievers to dispose of the companies assets ie Liverpool football club, BOS get there money back the reciever makes a few million and an auction for LFC begins but the first person in there who give BOS there money back and give the reciever a nice gift into a swiss bank account would get the club, thats the way it works

Reciever are the most bent and crooked people in the world

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

The rumour currently doing the rounds, and from credible sources, is that Hicks biggest net asset is Liverpool Football Club, and possibly his only one where the debt placed on it is less than it's actual value.

Which means that he has next to no equity in any of his businesses, and could be in serious trouble if any of his loans get called in.

The rumour currently doing the rounds, and from credible sources, is that Hicks biggest net asset is Liverpool Football Club, and possibly his only one where the debt placed on it is less than it's actual value.

Which means that he has next to no equity in any of his businesses, and could be in serious trouble if any of his loans get called in.

Thats if you can find a buyer to give you a profit on 350m plus costs.

If the offer was still on the table you'd think he'd take it and stick 50m offshore for a rainy day.

Does this mean he is likely to sell.?

Stupid question, would this mean LFC is the asset he would be most likely to sell?

21 days to repay the loan in full or they stick in recievers to dispose of the companies assets ie Liverpool football club, BOS get there money back the reciever makes a few million and an auction for LFC begins but the first person in there who give BOS there money back and give the reciever a nice gift into a swiss bank account would get the club, thats the way it works

Reciever are the most bent and crooked people in the world

There speaks a man with a failed business or two in his past, by the sounds of it.

Just a joke, Nick.

I'd always assumed you were a pimp anyway. Not sure how the receiver would seize those Ukrainian assets.

Gathered as much just making the point that the Reciever most certainly wont have LFC best interest at heart just as much as he can personally get out of the deal.

At least if I was a pimp I could get to test my merchandise

Gathered as much just making the point that the Reciever most certainly wont have LFC best interest at heart just as much as he can personally get out of the deal.

At least if I was a pimp I could get to test my merchandise

You do make me laugh Nick. Quality.