You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surely there must have been some conditions put into the agreement when Moores sold regarding building the new stadium. I mean that was the reason for selling.

I know this is gonna sound bad but I think at this time it would be good if Everton's plans dont get called in and they start building.

Then we can see what yanks will do and it will put a end to the groundshare talk.

That's the most important bit. But if GONW actually follow their own guidelines then they have to call it in. Liverpool City Council know it and that's why they're pushing the groundshare issue again with backing from the NWDA and Everton.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ineptitude of LFC's hierarchy has been staggering over the past 10 years & I'll be honest I blame Moores more than the Yanks.

His dithering for his own ends , linked with the recent credit problems seem to have rendered the project totally non-viable when the figures are worked out.

NWDA's 'help' needs also to be highlighted as they have hindered and delayed the project from the start. Why we didn't fuck them off when it was obvious the grant on offer was far less than the rising costs is unbelievable. Why we are still bothering with them now is even worse as £9m is totally negligible in the scheme of things.

This is the last thing we need before the start of a new season.

If the Yanks are here this time next year I'll be shocked. Surely DIC will be in a position to make an offer they cant refuse given the current gloom.

I think the threads on Barry and Keane and posts from people such as moschops really do show what a dire state we are in and I think the pennny is starting to drop with a few people.

Basically unless a new stadium is built our operating profit is going to be totally used to service the debt and until the debt is cleared or build a new stadium there will be no money for transfers other than wheelin and dealin.

This season we had players that people wanted but who do we sell next season if Rafa fucks up in the transfer market this summer and a new manager comes in?

The doomsday scenraio is we dont finish top 4 then we will actually have to sell players not to increase the debt anymore.

15000 extra seats at 1000 a time brings in an extra 15m PA however another 400m worth of debt will cost at least 27m PA, so do your own sums.

I cant believe the yanks can see a profit and if DIC werent in the picture they could well lose money or just let LFC go to the wall.

your way behind the curve, look what I said in Jan :

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/969709-post164.html

Surely there must have been some conditions put into the agreement when Moores sold regarding building the new stadium. I mean that was the reason for selling.

I know this is gonna sound bad but I think at this time it would be good if Everton's plans dont get called in and they start building.

Then we can see what yanks will do and it will put a end to the groundshare talk.

You can have whatever agreement you want but the majority shareholder can always change his mind and unless Moores can show that he was suffering financially for breaking an agreement there is nothing anyone can do about it

When Gillett and Hicks first approached Moores to buy the club they said they would not put the debt to purchase the club onto the club.

Im pretty certain they will be some lads on here who were shareholders who will have received the potential purchase letter.

What Gillett and Hicks did is take out another loan to pay off the purchase debt but planned on putting this fully on the club. Due to this loan no longer being the purchase debt this meant they had not broken any agreements made in the initial takeover contract.

Whilst Moores and Parry are to blame for this whole mess they did however stop Gillett and Hicks putting the full amount onto the club but if you read the ins and outs of the deal the debt is still more or less on Liverpool FC.

We all want to win the league but from the owners point of view finishing fourth is fine by them because they know they have a huge fanbase and as long as we finish in a place to qualify for the Champions League then all is rosey as they will still make cash.

The whole debt is on the club, they have just disguised the fact.

There is a thread about this somewhere.

The debt is on the club but not in writing.

Part of the debt was put on the club with the majority put on Kop Holding, a company set up by Gillett and Hicks to initially buy the club in the first place.

I dont know the ins and outs of the document and someone with a better financial mind could help out better but if i remember right if Kop Holding do not manage to reach their interest payments then they can use their assets to pay it.

Kop Holding as far as im aware of only as one asset, Liverpool FC.

Nothing wrong with that at all mate. The longer this thing drags on with both clubs still not starting construction this issue of ground share will not go away.

Our best to get a new class stadium would probably be for England to win the right to host the 2018 World Cup (if thats still up for grabs?).

Look at every country thats hosted it, there are always improvements to important stadiums or new ones built. England has such good stadia we would have to be high on the list for investment.

The debt is on the club but not in writing.

Part of the debt was put on the club with the majority put on Kop Holding, a company set up by Gillett and Hicks to initially buy the club in the first place.

I dont know the ins and outs of the document and someone with a better financial mind could help out better but if i remember right if Kop Holding do not manage to reach their interest payments then they can use their assets to pay it.

Kop Holding as far as im aware of only as one asset, Liverpool FC.

Coop, poster on rawk especially and also ynwa are suggesting something is afoot in the way meaningful discussion between the yanks and Dubai, you heard anything?

Coop, poster on rawk especially and also ynwa are suggesting something is afoot in the way meaningful discussion between the yanks and Dubai, you heard anything?

Sorry for intruding, but I was told that Hicks's people approached DIC in early June to resume talks about entering into negotiations, and DIC refused: word is that they're no longer interested, and their 'budget' for speculative (or non-profitable, which this would be) ventures has been slashed. I'm afraid any posts suggesting otherwise are likely to be wishful thinking (and RAWK "insiders" don't exactly have a good track record on this judging by the celebrations there back in february that "the deal was done".)

I think we all need to stop believing that DIC are the knights on white chargers here. They had the opportunity to buy in 2006, and backed out; then had another opportunity to buy in 2008 and THEY - not Gillett - ultimately backed out, even when they were given legal advice that Hicks could not block their takeover of his shares. They're great at the PR game, but fact is they haven't delivered even when given the opportunity.

I was also told that the stadium will be abandoned for the forseeable future if financing is not secure by September.

Sorry for intruding, but I was told that Hicks's people approached DIC in early June to resume talks about entering into negotiations, and DIC refused: word is that they're no longer interested, and their 'budget' for speculative (or non-profitable, which this would be) ventures has been slashed. I'm afraid any posts suggesting otherwise are likely to be wishful thinking (and RAWK "insiders" don't exactly have a good track record on this judging by the celebrations there back in february that "the deal was done".)

I think we all need to stop believing that DIC are the knights on white chargers here. They had the opportunity to buy in 2006, and backed out; then had another opportunity to buy in 2008 and THEY - not Gillett - ultimately backed out, even when they were given legal advice that Hicks could not block their takeover of his shares. They're great at the PR game, but fact is they haven't delivered even when given the opportunity.

I was also told that the stadium will be abandoned for the forseeable future if financing is not secure by September.

I thought it was somewhat established that Dubai Holdings and not DIC are now the lead vehicle in purchasing the club as under this umbrella they can take a longer term view of the purchase and it allows more patience when looking for the dividend from the investment

Dubai made an offer to both Gillett and Hicks a while since which they deemed to be a fair offer for the club but the offer was not accepted.

Both owners were at the time in the papers regular and Dubai took the stance of informing the current owners that they were stepping back from the any potential deal until the differences were sorted.

Whilst Dubai stepped back from the deal they have not lost interest and if the opportunity was to arise for them to buy Liverpool they would be straight there.

Many 'insiders' were caught out in February such as Elisha Scott as at the time there was that many misleading stories coming out from people high up in DIC, Kop Holding and Liverpool itself that depending on whom you spoke to from the people involved they would give you a different impression on how the talks were going.

Dubai are still interested in buying Liverpool that for me there is no doubt but they are prepared to play a waiting game especially with further financial complications for Gilett and Hicks to come in the near future.

One of the things that concerns Dubai is that their interest in buying Liverpool is actually helping Hicks and Gillett keep the banks off their backs because they have a large investment (Liverpool FC) that in this time of trouble in the financial world have a buyer so would it increase the pressure if these buyers pulled out.

There exists a power of veto between Tom Hicks and George Gillett of that i can assure you and George Gillett can not sell his shares without Tom Hicks being able to exercise this again of this i can assure you.

That would explain why we still haven't ordered the steel for the new ground then.

Ignore bollocks from KEIOC about a groundshare; it’s just sheer desperation on their part – they would all prostitute their own mothers on Shiel Road if in meant Everton ‘staying in the City’.

Everton can barely afford the £78mil they’re looking at now for Kirkby – they are desperate for it not to get called in because the public inquiry will delay the project such that inflation will well and truly put the whole scheme out of their reach.

Also, don’t believe all this bollocks about how everything would be paid for with NWDA grants and Euro money – it’s just ‘plausible’ bollocks trotted out to convince sceptics about how ‘deliverable’ the scheme would be.

Ignore bollocks from KEIOC about a groundshare; it’s just sheer desperation on their part – they would all prostitute their own mothers on Shiel Road if in meant Everton ‘staying in the City’.

Everton can barely afford the £78mil they’re looking at now for Kirkby – they are desperate for it not to get called in because the public inquiry will delay the project such that inflation will well and truly put the whole scheme out of their reach.

Also, don’t believe all this bollocks about how everything would be paid for with NWDA grants and Euro money – it’s just ‘plausible’ bollocks trotted out to convince sceptics about how ‘deliverable’ the scheme would be.

I think you're missing the point about KEOIC. They're not party to discussions on Central Docks they're just aware of it. They obviously don't want to go to Kirkby and they'd much prefer a ground of their own than share with us.

You're right about Everton being desperate for their ground not to be called in because as you said that would be the end of it and they know it and that is why a groundshare is still something we shouldn't rule out. If and it's actually more likely when Kirkby gets called in, then we better hope G&H get their finances sorted out or we could be moving in with the shite.