You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gary Mac Connection

Its a crying shame what has happened to Leeds, they are a proper club with a proper stadium and good support. Ive been to Elland Road many times over the years and always had a good day out, and not just watching Liverpool there either. Went the season you won the title, you beat us 1-0, Steve Hodge scored the winner, and was there for the Tony Yeboah special.

It might well happen with the Gary Mac link that a couple of lads come your way on loan, and it would be a good set up for both parties I think. The young lads would get to play in a proper ground in front of a good crowd and get some competitive football under a good manager. I can see this happening.

was thinking about this during the play offs.

leeds would be a great place for our lads to go on loan, as they'd be learning from a man who knows the proper way to play football and would experience playing for a big club with a big tradition and learn from the pressure that this brings.

agreed aswell the sooner the better that leeds are back in the premiership aswell.

Bit of a double edged sword for me, on the one side good traditional club etc etc, Gary Mac, Leeds a good place. on the other hand Ken Fucking Bates.

He is just beneath contempt and I find it hard to wish anything connected with him any success.

Get rid of him and were on.

Bit of a double edged sword for me, on the one side good traditional club etc etc, Gary Mac, Leeds a good place. on the other hand Ken Fucking Bates.

He is just beneath contempt and I find it hard to wish anything connected with him any success.

Get rid of him and were on.

I forgot about him. The big beardy twat.

Reference the players you're after, I thought you looked pretty strong going forward (although Beckford upfront should learn to calm down a bit) but a bit suspect at the back. Your defence didn't seem to like crosses too much. Is that fair or just the times I saw you play?

I'd have thought you'd be looking for a keeper and defenders? Maybe Jack Hobbs but he's maybe too close to 1st team to be considered.

I'd have thought you'd be looking for a keeper and defenders? Maybe Jack Hobbs but he's maybe too close to 1st team to be considered.

If they need a keeper they can have Itandje for nothing. And the takings in the bars in Leeds will go through the roof as well. Alledgedly.

we need a left back back aswell as right back, we have an eye on carlisle keeper westwood who got keeper of the year, only 23, and in the ireland squad, our two defends are 19 and 22 and we paid a lot for the pair of them so dont see us looking for a centre back.

Beckford- well thats his first season it football (full season) we signed him for non league and this is his first season, seemed that he was jaded towards the end of a long season, he is a good player who has scored some good goals and has pace to kill, i think your judgement of not been able to handle crosses is spot, espicially our keeper, he hates the, so hopefully if we sign a new keeper and a two full backs, a right winger and a striker we should walk the league, weve been linked with kevin phillips today who would a great purchase, seems that west brom wont give him a two year deal.

We should have gone up last season, we finished 1 point behing swansea (champions) and way ahead of third, just a shame we started with a 15 point handicap, weve already signed swansea's player of the season even they have gone up, so fingers crossed, with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work, we should gain promotion back to the coca cola championsip in 08/09.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Gotta love some mutual manc-hatred, it warms the cockles.

Indeed it does Soldier. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'd send any of Darby, Martin, Spearing, El Zhar, Antwi, Hobbs etc on loan to them, I'd rather send them to a good club with a good manager, playing good football and winning their league than to a Championship team struggling to survive.

Of the young defenders San Jose looks the most likely to me.

I like San Jose too, but Ronald Huth looks shit hot to me mate, think he'll definitely make it.

Leeds Fan, while I have no feelings for Leeds (I got the shit kicked out of me cos of my dickhead mates, the only time I've been there, but I don't bear grudges), I like Gary Mac a lot and I do hope he thinks he can come and ask LFC for anything. And I agree with the others on here who say he knows what football is.

His last minute free kick at the shithole will live long in the memory.

Huth is potentially very good, but he's still very raw. San Jose could play in the Premiership now, the lad is a class act. I wouldn't be surprised to see him break into the first team squad this season, wouldn't mind sending him on loan to a good Championship side for 6 months, see how he gets on.

No offence to Leed United intended, but if we were to send some quality, fringe players out on loan then i personally would want them playing in the championship, not league 1 or whatever the fuck it's called these days.

I just don't see how sending very talented youngsters to play regularly against the likes of Yeovil and Southend benefits anybody but Leeds United.

By the way, good luck for next season. I live in Leeds and it's not good for the City to see Leeds where they are right now.

No offence to Leed United intended, but if we were to send some quality, fringe players out on loan then i personally would want them playing in the championship, not league 1 or whatever the fuck it's called these days.

I just don't see how sending very talented youngsters to play regularly against the likes of Yeovil and Southend benefits anybody but Leeds United.

By the way, good luck for next season. I live in Leeds and it's not good for the City to see Leeds where they are right now.

are you from leeds?

if so how come you dont support super leeds?

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt you will get Nemeth. It doesn't say they are on their way, it more or less implies that you are going to try to take them on loan. I'm not sure if Rafa will let Nemeth leave but he might. Nemeth recently got called into Hungary's senior national squad so it might be a bit unrealistic, him going to play in League One.

know anything about the other lad?

potential?

left winger isnt he?

Hes been allowed to find a new club so I doubt he has a future here. And I think Nemeth will go to a better league, championship atleast.

Hes been allowed to find a new club so I doubt he has a future here. And I think Nemeth will go to a better league, championship atleast.

If we sell Crouch, I can envisage a situation where we don't buy another striker. Especially if we go for somebody like Silva, it allows for possibilities with Babel going up there if the need ever arose. I'd like to see Nemeth stay, playing the odd cup game, making the odd sub appearance and, if we sell Crouch, I think Nemeth is the ideal candidate to be our 4th striker.