You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra - the legend grows

bigal

I would expect nothing less from Carra.

Chelsea are a shitty club, from a posh area, with scummy LSE reading fans & shithead players like Terry , Lampard & Drogba. But Man Utd??

A club built on conspicuous commercial vulgarity,

the very epitome of the culture that gave Britain it's dark satanic mills,

no longer even a football club but an empty brand,

a crass commodity,

the McDonald's of sport.

Supported by a combination of trendy, fake, uberManc bastards,

gormless, hype believing idiots,

glory seeking , empty headed cunts and the kind of brain-dead twats who think that having a "sense of history" means wheeling out Bobby Charlton once a season a year to talk about Munich.

If Tom Hicks did his worst with Liverpool he still could'nt compete with the sheer commercial whoredom of the plastic caricature that is Man Utd,a capitalist's wet dream.

The fans are bad winners and worse losers, loyal 2 their team only as long as they are winning, desperately tryin to mask their inferiority complex with Liverpool by trying to compare Alex Ferguson to Bill Shankly.

Sir Alex whose intimidation of referees is accepted as part of the game,

whos inability to lose with grace is as conveniently ignored as his alcoholism.

Of his team, only Giggs, Scholes & Vidic merit any special praise....

Rooney and Ronaldo's theatrical tantrums neutralize any possible positives,

Rio is a drugs cheat,

the rest fade into mediocrity,

their quality apparently only evidenced by the fact they play for ManU.

Chelsea should beat them & I hope that defeat in the final heralds the end of Ferguson's tenure, it would be a fitting way to mark the end of his career.

Things are already taking a worse between the two sets of fans as it is. Things like that don't help matters. After Neville's comments in 99 it made matters worse OFF the pitch especially in that FA Cup game in 99. So if that makes me self righteous then so be it.

Peacemonger!

Things are already taking a worse between the two sets of fans as it is. Things like that don't help matters. After Neville's comments in 99 it made matters worse OFF the pitch especially in that FA Cup game in 99. So if that makes me self righteous then so be it.

John, unfortunately Carra saying that won't change things one iota. The scalls of the clubs hate each other and don't need the Nevilles and the Carra's being quoted to make it worse.He's really only confirming what most of us feel anyway. Just as if it was us and Chelsea in the final the Mancs would be supporting the Chavs.

I heard an article on the news today where Curbishley says the blue nosed one will only retire when he obliterates our league titles record...now that's inflammatory mate.

John, unfortunately Carra saying that won't change things one iota. The scalls of the clubs hate each other and don't need the Nevilles and the Carra's being quoted to make it worse.He's really only confirming what most of us feel anyway. Just as if it was us and Chelsea in the final the Mancs would be supporting the Chavs.

I heard an article on the news today where Curbishley says the blue nosed one will only retire when he obliterates our league titles record...now that's inflammatory mate.

That has come from Curbishley though. I haven't heard Ferguson say it although it is probably true. They all worship Neville because he said he hates us. I just thought we were above that and weren't obsessed as such like they are. I felt sick to my stomach when I seen Carra hugging Mongo the other night. It is the whole 'my enemies enemy is my friend' scenario I guess. Fucking soul destroying knowing we have to support Chelsea in a European Cup Final. They don't have any history we sing, well come May 21st they will have a more recent history than us won't they.

It should be a wake up call for the heirarchy at this club to sort all this shit out once and for all.

im at a total loss to be honest over this final.

since chelski came to prominence, ive always said that if we arent challenging id rather them win the league over the scum for obvious reasons. on the flip side of that, ive never deemed them worthy to even appear in the final of the european cup.

to me theres something mythical about the european cup, the names that have won it, all recognised great clubs, and yer villas and notts forests.

its always been that divide between successful clubs and great clubs.

for chelsea to have a star over their crest, for me will mean another nail in the coffin of football that tugs at the heart.

for me it really is between a rock and a hard place.

im irish so the liverpool/utd rivalry will always be different for me, no matter what others might like to pretend. we've all got mates we've grown up who have followed their team as long as we've followed ours. we go to the pub and get pissed off by the gobshite element who follow both clubs.

i see all the horribly dark shit that goes on between some elements on either side of proper scouse and manc fans and see why for others, a utd win is the worst possible eventuality but i just cant feel that way.

i suppose it boils down to the fact that utd are just a more worthy club than chelsea to lift that gleaming trophy.

hopefully if they do, whiskey nose will finally fook off.

either way, ill not be watching it, gregory isaacs is playing that way and his soulful reggae will be the sand that ill bury my head in.

That has come from Curbishley though. I haven't heard Ferguson say it although it is probably true. They all worship Neville because he said he hates us. I just thought we were above that and weren't obsessed as such like they are. I felt sick to my stomach when I seen Carra hugging Mongo the other night. It is the whole 'my enemies enemy is my friend' scenario I guess. Fucking soul destroying knowing we have to support Chelsea in a European Cup Final. They don't have any history we sing, well come May 21st they will have a more recent history than us won't they.

It should be a wake up call for the heirarchy at this club to sort all this shit out once and for all.

it is true though, he's obsessed with us, in quite a sick way i feel. its rather pathetic for a man of his age to have feelings so petty.

those in control of our club, the players, the coach and all the staff have to get things sorted and put all our effort into a league challenge.

100% in agreement with you. In essence I don't want either of them to win but if there has to be one then reluctantly it's Chelsea. Not just because I couldn't handle the twattish element of their fans ( and I've got some mates back in SA who support them) but I can just envisage the cum tsunami that will follow such a win.

I don't want either to win it as I despise both.

Indeed. Visa mix-up, a quick row at the airport with the KGB (or whatever they're called these days) then both squads whisked off to a Siberian salt mine, quicker than you can say "We won it five Times".

Oh yeah - and both sets of fans turn up at the stadium and are kept waiting for about 8 hours before anybody bothers to tell them that the match has been abandoned.

Instead, UEFA decide that the two beaten semi-finalists should compete in a play-off in Amsterdam for the trophy.

I don't love Carra because he hates the mancs, but for other, obvious reasons. I don't even know if he hates the mancs, he just prefers Chelsea to win. Neville's hatred for Liverpool is quite outspoken.

If the mancs ever played Everton in a CL final (ok it will never happen but if they did) I would want the mancs to beat them all day long.

Somehow, that prospect doesn't worry me too much.

For obvious reasons ;)

I don't love Carra because he hates the mancs, but for other, obvious reasons. I don't even know if he hates the mancs, he just prefers Chelsea to win. Neville's hatred for Liverpool is quite outspoken.

I don't love him because he hates the Mancs but I do love him because he clearly says what the vast majority of us are thinking.

That comment was probably tongue in cheek. Carra doesn't hate the mancs, he even said in one of the TLW interviews that mancs and scousers have a lot more in common than they are prepared to admit. He had a go at Neville for saying what he did, so he's not going to come out and do the same.

He is fiercely proud of Liverpool's record though, and he won't want the mancs getting near it, so obviously he'll want Chelsea to win for the same reasons we do.

It is very puzzling that in Gerrard's book he comes across as quite pally with Gary Neville and says what a decent guy he is etc but Carra and Fowler have no time for Neville and Carra and Fowler are obviously mates with Gerrard. Gerrard even goes as far to say in his book that Neville was misquoted and that Neville REALLY said 'He was brought up in an environment where he was brought up to dislike Liverpool' and not the 'I hate Scousers' sensationalism that the press played to the gallery prior to that cup tie in 1999and Gerrard said he was brought up in the same environment to dislike Manchester United when he was growing up as a kid. It shows how the media can have an effect on such things with one single headline.

It is very puzzling that in Gerrard's book he comes across as quite pally with Gary Neville and says what a decent guy he is etc but Carra and Fowler have no time for Neville and Carra and Fowler are obviously mates with Gerrard. Gerrard even goes as far to say in his book that Neville was misquoted and that Neville REALLY said 'He was brought up in an environment where he was brought up to dislike Liverpool' and not the 'I hate Scousers' sensationalism that the press played to the gallery prior to that cup tie in 1999and Gerrard said he was brought up in the same environment to dislike Manchester United when he was growing up as a kid. It shows how the media can have an effect on such things with one single headline.

I've got more time for Gary Neville than a shitload of footballers, some who even wear or wore a Liverbird. He gave us some shit, we gave him some, he took it on the chin and didn't moan about it.

I can say now that I want Chelsea to win but when I see both teams line up I just know that one part of me will be fighting against that due to the level of cuntitude that Chelsea contain. I don't like many of the players that will play that night but the ones I do will probably be wearing red.

I've got more time for Gary Neville than a shitload of footballers, some who even wear or wore a Liverbird. He gave us some shit, we gave him some, he took it on the chin and didn't moan about it.

I can say now that I want Chelsea to win but when I see both teams line up I just know that one part of me will be fighting against that due to the level of cuntitude that Chelsea contain. I don't like many of the players that will play that night but the ones I do will probably be wearing red.

Which is why, come final night, I'm going to the gym and beating the crap out of some poor defenseless heavy bag.

Anything but watch the game. :(