You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bilbao-Valencia

DT

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to Graham Hunter on Talksport last night and apparently Valencia are in a bigger mess than us off the field and have got to sell the Mestalla to help pay the debts on the club. They also approached Rafa to return as manager but were given a 'polite no' by Rafas agent.

I think it's something along the lines of, they want to move stadiums and were relying on someone buying the Mestailla to cover a lot of the costs. But no-one has shown interest.

It could be wrong but that's what I heard.

EDIT: Obviously not as simple as that.

Guest TK-421
I was listening to Graham Hunter on Talksport last night and apparently Valencia are in a bigger mess than us off the field and have got to sell the Mestalla to help pay the debts on the club.

That's very sad if it's true.

Shocking that Valencia are in a relegation battle.

If they do, we should be polite and take Miguel and David Silva off their hands.

Villa will still go for ridiculous money.

I don't think so. If its true about selling the mestella than they are up shit creek and will take what they are offered. The buyer can just sit and wait for the banks to do the selling for them inwhich case they'll get even less. The best they can hope for is a bidding war.

Silva and Villa for me. How are there full backs?

Worth getting?

I don't think so. If its true about selling the mestella than they are up shit creek and will take what they are offered. The buyer can just sit and wait for the banks to do the selling for them inwhich case they'll get even less. The best they can hope for is a bidding war.

Worth getting?

only Miguel. would slot right in at RB for us.

Worth getting?

Moretti, Miguel, Caniera, Arizmendi at times too. None of them I consider to be that great.

Add Joaquin to the list of players who we should be interested in from Valencia.

Moretti, Miguel, Caniera, Arizmendi at times too. None of them I consider to be that great.

Add Joaquin to the list of players who we should be interested in from Valencia.

Add those to the players already mentioned and I'm struggling to understand why they have failed so miserably.

Was Koeman that bad?!

• 3 weeks later...
how the crap did that happen?

Self-implosion. Disharmonious from inside out.

Soler appointed Koeman, who, in conjection with Soler, decided the only way forward was to ditch the vets, who were deemed to exercise too much influence on the team. Hence the forced exiles of Angulo, Abelda, Canizares and the lawsuits that followed. That shook the club up quite a bit, and with the results still failed to come, fans started building up pressure. Players like Joaquin began to mouth off to the media, stirring the pot even more. And then Koeman got fired.

That showed you it didn't matter how much talents you have, if the mood at the club wasn't right, you'd be staring right down the abyss any moment.

Don't we have a Spaniard on the forum? What does he think about the situation at Valencia?

Ha... I don't think so these days but I've some mates there. Unfortunately, one is basque and the other is andalucian and neither probably give two shites about Valencia.

Guest TK-421

I have been to the Mestalla once to see them play Bilbao, it finished 1-1 with the jammy visitors getting a last minute header after Morientes had opened the scoring. I'm therefore an expert and think the situation sucks, but it has done for years. Strange club. There fans spoke highly of Aurelio.

They are only 5 points ahead with 2 games left aren't they Nick?

Sunday, 11 May 2008

Almeria v Recreativo Huelva, 20:00

Athletic Bilbao v Racing Santander, 20:00

Atletico Madrid v Deportivo La Coruna, 20:00

Barcelona v Mallorca, 20:00

Levante v Valencia, 20:00

Osasuna v Murcia, 20:00

Real Betis v Sevilla, 20:00

Real Zaragoza v Real Madrid, 20:00

Valladolid v Getafe, 20:00

Villarreal v Espanyol, 20:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 18 May 2008

Deportivo La Coruna v Villarreal,

Espanyol v Almeria,

Getafe v Real Betis,

Mallorca v Real Zaragoza,

Murcia v Barcelona,

Racing Santander v Osasuna,

Real Madrid v Levante,

Recreativo Huelva v Valladolid,

Sevilla v Athletic Bilbao,

Valencia v Atletico Madrid,

Those two fixtures read in conjuncton with the La Liga title should tell you everything you need to know

Thats before you even look at some of the teams in between going to very difficult away fixtures against teams looking for points for European qualificiation

So who do you want?

David Silva, Miguel, Raul Albiol, Vicente, Joaquin, David Villa and Ever Banega are all very talented and will be interesting purchases for someone.

I want Silva, Miguel, Villa and Joaquin!!!

I'd take Villa, Banega and Silva...........