You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Warnock Mk II?

RedinSweden

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I'd really like to wallop Fulham. We always roll over for them at their place, especially last season. I was gutted when Sanchez kept them up.

Strong team please, minus Torres, Gerrard and Carra.

Fuck that.

I wouldn't put out my best boys (ok, one or two short of best but you know what I mean) just to appease that prick!

Same squad that drew against Arsenal with even more changes please.

But Itandje in goal don't want any of there cloggers putting a dent in Reina!

Really good response from a Bolton fan via Newsnow

Bolton Wanderers - Please Mr Benitez…

In times of crisis, it`s good to have a leader who inspires belief. Some football managers can motivate the players and reassure the fans with a few well chosen words. Gary Megson isn`t one of them. Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is the latest recipient of the ginger one`s wisdom.

'Liverpool will have a massive say in which teams go down with their next two league games,' Megson told The Sun. 'We hope Rafa Benitez will retain the integrity of the Premier League with his squad selection.

'You would imagine Liverpool's Premier League campaign is still as important as the Champions League. They are battling with Everton for fourth so there is local pride to play for.

'It is nobody else's business but I'm sure Rafa realises the importance of being seen to do the right thing.'

Megson is right on the last count. It`s nobody`s business. Certainly not his, and speaking in The Sun on a Liverpool related matter, the day after the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster shows a stunning lack of tact. He`s also open to a charge of hypocrisy, after playing a team in Lisbon, that included a couple of ball boys, an act which has alienated most Wanderers fans.

What difference will it make? Absolutely none. Benitez will snigger (think of Muttley in Wacky Races, and you`ll get the picture) and then pick whatever side he chooses. As he`s perfectly entitled to.

Hahahaha! All the Bolton fans singing 'you're just a fat spanish waiter' must be kecking themselves now!

Turds!

A point I've made to the dark lord (my missus, a notlob season ticket holder) several times this week. We can essentially control their destiny in our next two games.

Personally I'd like us to go and destroy Fulham and Birmingham. Too many shit results against them both, get them both out of my sight.

Neil Warnock has lashed out at Rafael Benitez for making a mockery of the Premier League survival battle - and hopes he never wins another trophy at Anfield.

The former Sheffield United manager is still seething that Liverpool lost 1-0 after fielding a severely weakened team at Fulham last May, a result which ultimately kept the London side up by a single point at the Blades' expense.

With Liverpool playing in the Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, Warnock expects Benitez to leave his star names on the sidelines again against the Cottagers on Saturday but believes that would show contempt for the clubs fighting to preserve their top-flight status.

"My advice to Reading, Bolton and the rest would be, if you're expecting any favours, don't hold your breath," said the Crystal Palace manager. "They will have to do it themselves.

"The fact of the matter is that if Liverpool were already out of the Champions League and needed to win to get fourth spot, they would play their strongest side.

"Instead, I fully expect them to play a weakened team at Fulham.

"It's part of a big club's mentality. They look after themselves and they don't bother about anyone else. The whole story that Sheffield United were going down and me having a pop at them afterwards was just treated like fish and chip paper by them. Liverpool didn't care because they weren't the ones getting hurt by it all.

"I'm still very bitter about it and personally I hope Liverpool never win another trophy under Benitez. I like them as a club but I would be very pleased to see them win nothing."

Warnock still shudders when he recalls the moment he saw Liverpool's line-up at Craven Cottage last season.

"I felt sick, physically sick, when I found out the team Liverpool were playing," said Warnock.

"We had a late kick-off at Villa Park that day and when we saw who Benitez had picked, we were struggling to even think who they were.

"We hadn't even heard of them and a lot of them haven't played for the club since.

"It was scandalous, really. You don't feel it's fair but it just confirmed that these guys don't give two hoots about clubs like Sheffield United or people like Neil Warnock.

"You can talk about rules being put in place to stop it happening but that's not going to happen.

"The Premier League don't care about smaller clubs like Sheffield United, as they proved with the whole Carlos Tevez affair last season.

"Big clubs look after themselves and the people who run the Premier League will always look after themselves. Nothing will ever change.

"The sad thing is I felt we had done enough last season; we had 38 points, which would have been enough in a normal season.

"For us to get that number of points was an achievement and yet it's gone down in history as a relegation on my CV, not an achievement.

"Nobody got hurt apart from me and Sheffield United. Rafa Benitez certainly didn't."

-------------------

Future Everton manager in the making. What a bitter fucker.

As Fulham go to Portsmouth on the last day presumably there will be lots in the press about how 'Arry has a duty to field a full strength, fully committed side a few days before the cup final.

Oh Mr Warnock, which ones of Fowler, Hyypia, Alonso, Bellamy, Arbeloa, Reina, Gonzalez, Sissoko and Pennant hadn't you heard of?

Neil Warnock has lashed out at Rafael Benitez for making a mockery of the Premier League survival battle - and hopes he never wins another trophy at Anfield.

The former Sheffield United manager is still seething that Liverpool lost 1-0 after fielding a severely weakened team at Fulham last May, a result which ultimately kept the London side up by a single point at the Blades' expense.

With Liverpool playing in the Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, Warnock expects Benitez to leave his star names on the sidelines again against the Cottagers on Saturday but believes that would show contempt for the clubs fighting to preserve their top-flight status.

"My advice to Reading, Bolton and the rest would be, if you're expecting any favours, don't hold your breath," said the Crystal Palace manager. "They will have to do it themselves.

"The fact of the matter is that if Liverpool were already out of the Champions League and needed to win to get fourth spot, they would play their strongest side.

"It's part of a big club's mentality. They look after themselves and they don't bother about anyone else. The whole story that Sheffield United were going down and me having a pop at them afterwards was just treated like fish and chip paper by them. Liverpool didn't care because they weren't the ones getting hurt by it all.

"I'm still very bitter about it and personally I hope Liverpool never win another trophy under Benitez. I like them as a club but I would be very pleased to see them win nothing."

Warnock still shudders when he recalls the moment he saw Liverpool's line-up at Craven Cottage last season.

"I felt sick, physically sick, when I found out the team Liverpool were playing," said Warnock.

"We had a late kick-off at Villa Park that day and when we saw who Benitez had picked, we were struggling to even think who they were.

"We hadn't even heard of them and a lot of them haven't played for the club since.

"It was scandalous, really. You don't feel it's fair but it just confirmed that these guys don't give two hoots about clubs like Sheffield United or people like Neil Warnock.

"You can talk about rules being put in place to stop it happening but that's not going to happen.

"The Premier League don't care about smaller clubs like Sheffield United, as they proved with the whole Carlos Tevez affair last season.

"Big clubs look after themselves and the people who run the Premier League will always look after themselves. Nothing will ever change.

"The sad thing is I felt we had done enough last season; we had 38 points, which would have been enough in a normal season.

"For us to get that number of points was an achievement and yet it's gone down in history as a relegation on my CV, not an achievement.

"Nobody got hurt apart from me and Sheffield United. Rafa Benitez certainly didn't."

-------------------

Future Everton manager in the making. What a bitter fucker.

I don't get this. Are we meant to care about Sheff Utd?

I don't get this. Are we meant to care about Sheff Utd?

In his world mate, everybody is supposed to take it up the arse for him.

He blames everybody and everything for his obvious failings as a manager and as a half decent human being.

As Fulham go to Portsmouth on the last day presumably there will be lots in the press about how 'Arry has a duty to field a full strength, fully committed side a few days before the cup final.

Oh Mr Warnock, which ones of Fowler, Hyypia, Alonso, Bellamy, Arbeloa, Reina, Gonzalez, Sissoko and Pennant hadn't you heard of?

Cath, what was the full team out of interest?

He seems to have forgotten that we played a weakened side against them on the first day of the season(I think),which allowed them to get a point.

I think It's every man for themselves In football and managers have enough to deal with at their own clubs without having to worry about arl farts like him.

wharra cunt.

I hope Liverpool never win another trophy under Benitez, fumes ex-Blades boss Warnock as Rafa looks set to field another understrength side

Last updated at 10:28am on 18th April 2008

Down: Warnock says Benitez's team selection played a huge part in Sheffield United's relegation

Always makes me laugh when Warnock goes on about us resting players when he picked a reserve side to play Man United as he knew he wouldnt win and was saving his players for the more 'winnable' games.

Its the fashion to have a pop at Liverpool but they forget the other 30 odd games they have previously played as having nothing to do why they are down in a relegation fight.