You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit of Shankly Poll Question 2

see post for question  

113 members have voted

1. 1. see post for question

It’s become ever clearer Mr Hicks’ first, second and third priority with Liverpool FC is to make as much money as possible. Wanting the club to be financially strong isn’t, in itself, a bad thing. It only becomes a bad thing when, as emphasised by his statement last night, the interests of Kop Holdings are specified to be different to that of LFC and its supporters. As we argued last night, it is enough for Kop Holdings to reach a very significant return on its investment by getting the stadium built and keeping the club in fourth place. That isn’t enough for LFC’s supporters.

Given the fact that Mr Hicks will struggle to raise further loans to refinance his existing debts or to expand upon the stadium we have an opportunity to exert financial pressure on him. We can emphasise, to him and to anyone who would loan him further money or anyone who would come on board alongside him to invest in Liverpool Football Club that we will not allow ourselves to be the cash-cow he wants us while he treats us with such disrespect. We can emphasise we are prepared to deny the club money to lower its viability as an investment. We can emphasise that we are more than a brand and that those who love Liverpool the world over love it as something way beyond a sports team and instead see it as something central to their lives and will go to any lengths to protect it as such.

Do we want to continue to call for all Liverpool supporters worldwide to boycott all LFC merchandise, food and drink until Mr Hicks leaves the club?

What percentage of our turnover is made up of merchandising and sales of coke and hot dogs at the ground?

I reckon it's probably a drop in the ocean in comparison to tv money, prize money and ticket sales.

In 2006 it was £16m

Sponsorship was £17m

TV revenue was £29m

Money from the cups was £26m

Money from the premier league matches was £25m

Given the new premier league deal it's not really going to make that much difference is it? Especially as you won't be able to turn everyone away from buying LFC merchandise or stuff in inside the ground.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
What percentage of our turnover is made up of merchandising and sales of coke and hot dogs at the ground?

I reckon it's probably a drop in the ocean in comparison to tv money, prize money and ticket sales.

In 2006 it was £16m

Sponsorship was £17m

TV revenue was £29m

Money from the cups was £26m

Money from the premier league matches was £25m

Given the new premier league deal it's not really going to make that much difference is it? Especially as you won't be able to turn everyone away from buying LFC merchandise or stuff in inside the ground.

If the revenue isn't worth anything of note, why do they bother having them there in the first place?

If the revenue isn't worth anything of note, why do they bother having them there in the first place?

So long as there is PROFIT then there is no harm.

The biggest pinch is on the gate.. if we don't target season tickets holders but ask PTS and general sale fans NOT to buy - they will be fucked.

Generally I'd say yes, although I do have reservations. I dont agree with any of the pickets of the shop and stalls that some have proposed as thats when it may turn nasty and lead to fighting within. Also as a father of a five year old who is just becoming aware that Liverpool FC are something special how am I supposed to explain to him I cant buy him a kit.

Generally I'd say yes, although I do have reservations. I dont agree with any of the pickets of the shop and stalls that some have proposed as thats when it may turn nasty and lead to fighting within. Also as a father of a five year old who is just becoming aware that Liverpool FC are something special how am I supposed to explain to him I cant buy him a kit.

You tell him a new one is coming out in the summer Steve.... just buy some time if you can. But I do get that totally, the protests have to be loud but peaceful.