You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Momentum Generation.

Retrospective about the legendary 90’s surf crew who started out all dossing together at their friends’ Hawaiian beach house, featuring tons of old footage and present day interviews.

Aside from documenting the surfing itself, how they went from doing it purely for its own reward to professional tour competitions and fiercely rivalling each other to be the best in the world, it charted the relatable rise, fall, then rekindling through maturity of those once seemingly unbreakable adolescent friendship-family groups, which life getting in the way often tends to shred as everyone ages.

Life-affirming fare.  Hugely enjoyed it and will watch again.

8 I quite liked thises out of 10 what film did you watch lasts. 

Creed 2 - Another good entry in this series with plenty of callbacks to Rocky II and Rocky IV. Would've liked a bit more of Drago's relationship with his son and I wish the Rocky movies would ground themselves a little bit better in the grimier aspects of the boxing industry, maybe they'll do that in the next one, but otherwise it hit all the beats you'd want it to. 7.5 out of 10

7 hours ago, Elite said:

Training Day - 9/10

Haven't seen it for years, I remembered that it was brilliant but it's even better on 2nd viewing. Denzel is unbelievably good in this. 

Seen that a few times. Great film with excellent dialogue.

"I got TWO PAIR"

"Three of a kind beats two pair, dumb ass!"

5 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Just watched the first 40 minutes of The Predator before turning it off. Amazed I lasted that long.

Jesus christ.

1/10

When I heard it was being made, I was excited. I watched the trailers and was just a bit underwhelmed. Looked lazy.

I was determined to watch it. I don't think I will bother as most critic reviews have given it a right old slaughtering.

Passengers, 9/10.

Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence alone on a long haul space flight after his sleep pod malfunctions.

I was suprised how much I liked it, quite a simple story but a really interesting theme about loneliness and companionship. In fact, I finished watching it thinking it was quite beautiful. There, I said it.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Passengers, 9/10.

Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence alone on a long haul space flight after his sleep pod malfunctions.

I was suprised how much I liked it, quite a simple story but a really interesting theme about loneliness and companionship. In fact, I finished watching it thinking it was quite beautiful. There, I said it.

I loved it too. It got a lot of bad reviews (from critics) and after seeing it, I could not believe what people wrote.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Passengers, 9/10.

Double post.

8 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Just watched the first 40 minutes of The Predator before turning it off. Amazed I lasted that long.

Jesus christ.

1/10

Ha. I watched this last week and stuck it out to the end. If ever a film needed Nicolas Cage as the lead and been released in 1997 it would be a classic.

6/10. Best shit film I’ve seen in 20 years

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Passengers, 9/10.

Keeps coming up on Netflix that. I'll give it a go after that review. 

15 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Currently watching Enter the Dragon on channel 5. John Saxon's just popped up in a turd brown jumper - the '70s doesn't get better than this.

11/10

Caught the last 45 minutes. Just fucking brilliant isn't it. Cool as you like. That said, I clocked how bad the make-up is on Bruce lee after Mr Han has slashed at him a few times. it looks like it was done with a felt tip pen.

12 volleys to the grid out of 10. 

5 hours ago, Red74 said:

Ha. I watched this last week and stuck it out to the end. If ever a film needed Nicolas Cage as the lead and been released in 1997 it would be a classic.

6/10. Best shit film I’ve seen in 20 years

Agree it was so shit it knew it. Get to the choppers best the best bit.

Venom now that was shit 2/10

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Do you bother with new movies Tony?

Not very often. I did in the 00s, when I still went the pictures regularly. The only films I really fancy this year are BlacKkKlansman and Widows (I liked the 80s television series). I’ll just watch them when they come down in price or are free on Amazon Prime, though.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Momentum Generation.

Retrospective about the legendary 90’s surf crew who started out all dossing together at their friends’ Hawaiian beach house, featuring tons of old footage and present day interviews.

Aside from documenting the surfing itself, how they went from doing it purely for its own reward to professional tour competitions and fiercely rivalling each other to be the best in the world, it charted the relatable rise, fall, then rekindling through maturity of those once seemingly unbreakable adolescent friendship-family groups, which life getting in the way often tends to shred as everyone ages.

Life-affirming fare.  Hugely enjoyed it and will watch again.

8 I quite liked thises out of 10 what film did you watch lasts. 

Sounds right up my street that. Will have to search it out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Not very often. I did in the 00s, when I still went the pictures regularly. The only films I really fancy this year are BlacKkKlansman and Widows (I liked the 80s television series). I’ll just watch them when they come down in price or are free on Amazon Prime, though.

Widows is good but it's not a must see at the pictures, although it's where I saw it. I haven't seen BlacKkKlansman, I want to see that on the small screen.