You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FULHAM MATCH THREAD

RedAdmiral

A team that Arsenal beat 2-1 at home and Chelsea drew 0-0 with. Another point which has probably been mentioned, we're three points off the top, despite having apparently poor form, despite a number of injuries to key players and we have the arrival to fitness of three absolutely class players in Agger, Alonso and Torres. Can we just support the team instead of looking for reasons to slag us of all the time? We're doing alright, we're in with a chance, that's all most people expected. We play good football sometimes, other times we don't. We are a work in progress.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we played very well today, and had we not won I wouldn't have complained about anything other than us not being clinical enough.

Can't believe anyone thinks we played badly, there was some lovely football played today and I'm seeing some encouraging signs at long last.

Agreed. It was frustrating at times but we were moving the ball well, in the main. Some people want perfection, others want progress.

A team that Arsenal beat 2-1 at home and Chelsea drew 0-0 with. Another point which has probably been mentioned, we're three points off the top, despite having apparently poor form, despite a number of injuries to key players and we have the arrival to fitness of three absolutely class players in Agger, Alonso and Torres. Can we just support the team instead of looking for reasons to slag us of all the time? We're doing alright, we're in with a chance, that's all most people expected. We play good football sometimes, other times we don't. We are a work in progress.

How dare you talk facts?

Fulham have been terible this season, very little attacking threat and not good defending. They are a team that we should be roilling over not stuttering against.

They were ten minutes away from beating Arsenal away and drew at Chelsea.

That's not to say we shouldn't be beating them. They're shite and we should be beating them. Bottom line is that we did, we deserved to and the managers decisions made it possible.

I think we just want to be entertained, especially when at home to the likes of Fulham.

If performances and results are poor then people have the right to express their disappointment.

I agree with you today though - we played quite well in the end and deserved to win the game. On top of that, for the first time in weeks Rafa's team selection and subs were spot on.

I think we just want to be entertained, especially when at home to the likes of Fulham.

We?

I couldnt give a fuck about "entertainment". Would a 5-4 defeat be good because it's "entertaining"?

The happiest thing for me is a win, if we play good football with it then great if not I couldnt care less.

We played alright today and won.

Decent performance if a little laboured at times. Scored just as I thought we`d run out of ideas, thank fuck for Torres but I suppose thats what £20m gets you.

No real stand players but I think Riises time is fast coming to an end. I like Riise but I dont think he`s technically proficient enough for our evolving team. Fair play to Rafa for rewarding and keeping the same team as Tuesday and good use of the subs. Starting to like the look of Babel as well. We really need to build on this and string some wins together, draws just arent gonna cut it.

That is never in doubt!

Is it a coincidence that "gaga" Nick and Rasher are both conspicuous by their absence?

I have not been absent at all I was posting on this before you came along.... leave it out. I am made up with today as the tactics and subs were spot on and rotation was for the sake of it was not evident.

We?

I couldnt give a fuck about "entertainment". Would a 5-4 defeat be good because it's "entertaining"?

The happiest thing for me is a win, if we play good football with it then great if not I couldnt care less.

We played alright today and won.

Well maybe I speak for myself then. I just dont enjoy seeing us scrape results against mediocre teams. As I said though, we should improve when key players return. If we dont improve then we wont remain unbeaten for much longer.

Well maybe I speak for myself then. I just dont enjoy seeing us scrape results against mediocre teams. As I said though, we should improve when key players return. If we dont improve then we wont remain unbeaten for much longer.

This is a team that the Arse beat in the last minute and the Chavs couldn't beat!!!

Mediocre? Organised and hard to break down is how I'd describe them.

I bet you where one of the collective who positively creamed their knickers when we twatted Derby.

Come on Liam you're better than this.

This is a team that the Arse beat in the last minute and the Chavs couldn't beat!!!

Mediocre? Organised and hard to break down is how I'd describe them.

I bet you where one of the collective who positively creamed their knickers when we twatted Derby.

Come on Liam you're better than this.

I think after Derby I said see how we do at Pompey...

Anyway, I have said we are doing well to pick up points while we miss key players. I will not pretend that I am impressed with our performances though.

Very good result - had we not won the pressure on Rafa and the team would have been immense.

Fairly crap performance - we lacked fluidity and any real cutting edge/penetration as a team.

There's no point in pretending we're anywhere near as good as Chavs, Mancs or Arse cos we're not. We'll do exceptionally well to finish in top 3......no change there then.

you could always fuck off

Fulham were poor today yet we took 81 minutes to score and that was down to a piece of brilliance by Torres. If we had scored in the first half, we would have ran up a Derby type score. The Reds were pretty at times until they came to the box. I see no improvement , accept that injuries are a problem but the side lacks that guile which is needed to win the League.However, 3 points and who knows what will happen in tomorrow's games. The other side of the arguement is that we are still up there , unbeaten and the side can only improve.

Good result. We never played badly just our old habits of wasting chances reared its head again. The one thing about Torres is he makes you realise how poor some of our former strikers in the last few seasons have been.

I'm quick to have a go at Gerrard because I don't particularly like the guy but since he the derby game he seems to have really picked up as a player and a captain.

happy times, Im really getting a good feel about the season now, we have Alonso, Pennant, Agger and Kewell all ready to pitch in when time comes, Torres has been immense so far, and I think Babel is getting a bit better, Lucas looks ace, Yossi is in top form and Gerrard looking inspired again. Aurelio and Arbeloa also showing some skill. Im beginning to think that 11/1 for Liverpool to win it is a decent offer from the bookies. They have Arsenal at 3,75 times your stake, and us at 11 times.

Still think the mancs will win it though, but I think our team is getting the Liverpool groove back