You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A friend of Iran. A country that grants any Jew that converts to Islam the legal right of possession of everything their relatives own.

Nice logic, Hermes.

I must admit, I have it wrong over Cameron!

I think the confidence in public speaking is something that is installed in posh twats from an early age, on reflection confidence doesn't equate to intelligent arguments like those put forward by Galloway.

And would Cameron have made those comments about a Will Carling? Or Lawrence Dallaglio the drug dealer? Would he fuck!

We used to call that "going to school." I must be a posh twat as well then, for having an education.

Sorry. *dons horsehair shirt*

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You'll get nowt from a pig but a grunt.

I'm pinching that!

Anyway, just listened to Galloway v Tatchell on the visit of the Pope. Tatchell obviously enjoys Galloway's respect, because it was a really enjoyable debate. I agree with Tatchell's view.

He's a grade one aresehole who exploited racial and religious tensions to get elected as an MP.

The Iraq war may have been the focal point of his campaign and he had something of a godsend in arch-Blairite Oona King as his opponent (almost as if the seat had been specifically chosen *gasp*) but the whole subtext of his campaign was about giving Muslims a voice in the corridors of power, when it was painfully obvious that the only person George was interested in giving a voice to was himself. He's a self-aggrandising cunt, simple as, and I'm amazed at how many of the intelligent posters on here seem to think otherwise.

In fact I'll go further than that - he's got even less integrity than Blair. He'd shit on a plate and eat it if he thought he'd get five minutes in front of a camera out of it. Loathsome individual.

I've read claims from his constituents that he did the square root of fuck all for them after getting elected, instead preferring to press home his own personal battle against the Labour party and swan around the world delivering his sub-Chomsky brand of political agitation. His intellect is also vastly overstated; he'd make a good after dinner speaker and he's certainly entertaining but when the chuckles die down, there's precious little substance to him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

His intellect is also vastly overstated; he'd make a good after dinner speaker and he's certainly entertaining but when the chuckles die down, there's precious little substance to him.

I don't agree with this at all. He is one of the most knowledgeable MPs I've ever met. I think I'm fairly well positioned to spot a bullshitter, but his knowledge of the Iraq war, the Middle East, Russia, Political History and World War II is far in excess of all other politicians. There's a lot of substance backing up his opinions.

I won't argue that he's a bit of a prick sometimes but I'm surprised when people say he lacks substance. If he was bullshitting on those issues, I'd be able to spot it a mile off. And, you know what, he doesn't strike me as somebody particularly self serving, either. He effectively gave up a long forged career with the Labour party to oppose a war that we all now know was based on a pack of lies.

I know that sounds a but fanboyish, but I don't really care about the guy. What I care about is that I look and listen to the guy and see somebody with lots of knowledge and lots to offer, but you see somebody who has no substance. One of us is wrong, and if it's me I'd like to know what I'm missing here.

He's a grade one aresehole who exploited racial and religious tensions to get elected as an MP.

The Iraq war may have been the focal point of his campaign and he had something of a godsend in arch-Blairite Oona King as his opponent (almost as if the seat had been specifically chosen *gasp*) but the whole subtext of his campaign was about giving Muslims a voice in the corridors of power, when it was painfully obvious that the only person George was interested in giving a voice to was himself. He's a self-aggrandising cunt, simple as, and I'm amazed at how many of the intelligent posters on here seem to think otherwise.

In fact I'll go further than that - he's got even less integrity than Blair. He'd shit on a plate and eat it if he thought he'd get five minutes in front of a camera out of it. Loathsome individual.

I've read claims from his constituents that he did the square root of fuck all for them after getting elected, instead preferring to press home his own personal battle against the Labour party and swan around the world delivering his sub-Chomsky brand of political agitation. His intellect is also vastly overstated; he'd make a good after dinner speaker and he's certainly entertaining but when the chuckles die down, there's precious little substance to him.

He might be willing to make a twat of himself on camera, but I doubt he's willing to promote the murders of hundreds of thousands of civilians abroad (plus the massive assaults on UK civil liberties) just to get a round of applause in Washington.

What I'm trying to say is your "less integrity than Blair" argument is shite - and you are worse than Hitler.

I don't agree with this at all. He is one of the most knowledgeable MPs I've ever met. I think I'm fairly well positioned to spot a bullshitter, but his knowledge of the Iraq war, the Middle East, Russia, Political History and World War II is far in excess of all other politicians. There's a lot of substance backing up his opinions.

I won't argue that he's a bit of a prick sometimes but I'm surprised when people say he lacks substance. If he was bullshitting on those issues, I'd be able to spot it a mile off. And, you know what, he doesn't strike me as somebody particularly self serving, either. He effectively gave up a long forged career with the Labour party to oppose a war that we all now know was based on a pack of lies.

I know that sounds a but fanboyish, but I don't really care about the guy. What I care about is that I look and listen to the guy and see somebody with lots of knowledge and lots to offer, but you see somebody who has no substance. One of us is wrong, and if it's me I'd like to know what I'm missing here.

I'll get back to you about that.

He might be willing to make a twat of himself on camera, but I doubt he's willing to promote the murders of hundreds of thousands of civilians abroad (plus the massive assaults on UK civil liberties) just to get a round of applause in Washington.

What I'm trying to say is your "less integrity than Blair" argument is shite - and you are worse than Hitler.

Ok, that's one deliberately provocative comment each. Do you want to call an honourable draw, or shall we carry on?

He has a blustering style and takes very combative positions on the issues he speaks on, but I'd rather listen to a hundred of him than a single one of the bland, fawning plastic dildoes we usually get for politicians. I like the bloke, he's knowledgeable, committed and entertaining and frankly someone needs to take a sledgehammer now and then to the banal chattering that passes for political discourse today.

And anyone who gives Sky News a battering like that is alright in my book.

• 1 year later...
Over the recent silliness didnt he say something to the effect that "Kenny Dalglish was a moron and Luis Suarez should be deported"?

For that, and that alone, Fuck Him.

GEORGE Galloway yesterday waded into the row after football’s latest game of shame. He called for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez to be deported after he refused to shake hands with Manchester United captain Patrice Evra.

The politician also laid into Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish and branded him a “moron” and an “a***” over his handling the issue. Galloway hit out after Suarez, 25, snubbed Evra, 30, as the teams lined up before yesterday’s Premier League clash at Old Trafford, which United won 2-1.

Former Labour MP Galloway hit out at Suarez on Twitter. He wrote: “If Dalglish doesn’t sack Suarez, the Home Secretary should deport him.”

SOURCE: Daily Record

Still don't care for the man and think he is a political opportunist. However there is no denying his intellect and knowledge of the subjects he cares about.

And for the stuff he doesnt care about he chooses to exhibit wilful fucking stupidity. Cunt.

The fact that an absolute majority of voters can vote for an opportunistic, self-aggrandising nutjob as their MP is a worrying sign for the future of democracy but one hell of a boost for Simon Cowell's hopes of being PM one day.