You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Radiohead

bossy

Have you heard The Creep ? That is the only good tune they've done and that's only because Sting wrote it.

I presume that's a quote as it's not particularly correct in any way.

i love Radiohead actually. That was genius by me there.

Riiiight. Stick to dancing Wenger on the *F, that was funny.

• 7 years later...

Dunno, Frank. Every few weeks I check the "News on LP9" thread on the Mortigi Tempo forum and that photo was posted recently, thought it looks class.

I also read a glimpse of an interview where Thom was asked about the status of the new album and he said he'd get into trouble if he gave an answer.

He also said something like "Youtube are stealing art and are a bit like the Nazis in that respect", which I hope was a misrepresentation of what he said - however, it reminded me of why I tend to never read any interviews, because it will only make me lose respect for people I genuinely like.

He kind of has a point, although he's over egging it a bit. Google and YouTube are colluding with digital aggregators such as the Orchard to trawl music videos and claim the copyright of many independent artists. Getting them to give up the claim is really difficult and frustrating almost like dealing with a computer virus. Just happened to a mate's music and he's being told they'll allow him to post his video but he doesn't own the copyright. There are thousands of such cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year we were asked to write a theme tune for the Bond movie Spectre.
Yes we were. It didn’t work out, but became something of our own, which we love very much.
As the year closes we thought you might like to hear it.
Merry Christmas. May the force be with you.

• 3 months later...

Hmm.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/92878

Radiohead have reportedly shot a new music video in Los Angeles with There Will Be Blood director Paul Thomas Anderson.

The band are expected to release their ninth album shortly, having recently announced a UK tour alongside a series of summer festival dates. The upcoming LP will be the follow-up to 2011's 'The King of Limbs'.

As Fact reports, in a new episode of podcast For Crying Out Loud, author and stand-up Stefanie Wilder-Taylor reveals how Anderson filmed part of the alleged new Radiohead clip in her house.

Wilder-Taylor explains: "Oh, this happened, I forgot to tell you! So, I’m at home and there’s a knock at the door… there’s a guy with a clipboard. I come to the door with a scowl on my face and the guy says, ‘Hey, we’re in the neighbourhood, we’re going to be shooting a music video.’ So now, I’m thinking you’re basically telling me – what happens a lot in my neighbourhood, because it’s a very typical suburban looking neighbourhood – I’m gonna be inconvenienced."

"Then the guy goes – ‘it’s Radiohead!’ I can’t tell you anything about it. I’m guessing that’s the non-disclosure part. Between us girls, Radiohead – I don’t give a shit, I don’t get it. I’ve heard one song I don’t care about – ‘Creep’. Yeah, you’re a creep and a loser and you’re putting me to sleep."

She continues: "Here’s the cool part. Then the next day, the guy goes, I wanna bring the director by your house… this guy comes in, says 'Hey, this is the director, Paul'… really normal looking guy. Then I say, 'Hey, you look kind of familiar… Have we met?' Do you make anything apart from music videos?... I was like, ‘Oh shit!'”

A press representative for Radiohead have offered no comment on the reports.

Anderson has previously worked with the band's guitarist Jonny Greenwood on the soundtracks for his films There Will Be BloodThe Master and Inherent Vice.

The band's long-time visual collaborator Stanley Donwood recently confirmed that he has heard the band's new album, although it is not yet finished, describing the LP as "a work of art".

Radiohead will play the following headline dates:

Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall (May 20-21)
Paris, Le Zenith (May 23-24)
London, Roundhouse (May 26-28)
New York, Madison Square Garden (July 26-27)
Los Angeles, Shrine Auditorium (August 4, 8)
Mexico City, Palacio De Los Deportes (October 3-4)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't they erase all their social media posts and put up a blank page on the site ?

Now they're seemingly back online I reckon something, be that a single or an album, will be out by the end of the week.

Yes. I reckon the bird and the witch bits will be part of a video. The song title may or may not be "Burn the Witch", the album may or may not be called "Dawn Chorus"