You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Radiohead

bossy

Their new album is available to buy now. I paid a pound for the download version, you can choose how much you want to pay. There is a 45p debit/credit card charge so you'll pay at least that much. There's also a box set thing availble for £40 that includes extras and vinyl stuff.

You don't get the download until 10th October so I don't yet know if it's worth a pound plus 45p .......

www.radiohead.com

Every musician in the world should just stop what they're doing. Nobody will ever be as good as Radiohead. Perfection is the only word for them.

I hope by doing this, other artists will follow suit and the music industry's darker side will vaporise into oblivion with no money coming in.

It is interesting the way the selling and marketing of music is going. Prince giving away his album with concert tickets and newspapers and Radiohead potentially letting theirs go for 49p. Where will the cash come from? PRS, merchandising and tours, I suppose. However, there's a big fat slice of money that'll just disappear if artists give their music away. Also, how do new acts gain a profile? MySpace isn't popular enough to replace existing channels, is it?

It is interesting the way the selling and marketing of music is going. Prince giving away his album with concert tickets and newspapers and Radiohead potentially letting theirs go for 49p. Where will the cash come from? PRS, merchandising and tours, I suppose. However, there's a big fat slice of money that'll just disappear if artists give their music away. Also, how do new acts gain a profile? MySpace isn't popular enough to replace existing channels, is it?

arctic Monkeys showed the music "Bizz" whats what with their first album.Sure that thing was over the net for seemingly years before they released it ...didn't affect their album sales.

Thats what these music company fuckers just don't get,if its good people will buy it

Wrong location Paulo.

I can't wait to hear it; it'll rule of course but it's always interesting to see in what new ways they have decided to rule.

Of course. I forgot you were moving. Is that why you've been off here for week or so? How's the new gaff?

Radiohead have complete control over their record company and can do whatever the fuck they want, that is what makes them interesting for me. The Bends and Ok Computer are classics. Although I'm not a fan of their more recent stuff it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with another masterpiece this time round.

• 3 months later...
Something for the Radiohead fans on here:

It's basically a fifty minute film, featuring every track from the new album in some form (mostly live session tracks) from the new Radiohead Youtube channel.

Gav, Longo, Dudek; get on it boys, it's proper bo.

Jonny playing Ondes Martenot on Jigsaw Falling Into Place gives me the horn, fucking prodigious!!