You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crouch

Spy Bee

How long has he got left on his contract, Is it really only 18 months?

This doesn't sound too promising for his future with us

Rafa “Now I hear that Crouch is saying he is unhappy that he can’t reach his ideal level because he isn’t playing enough games.

“Like in Cisse’s case, I need to think about the squad and the team – and not one player. “There is competition in each position in a top side and that can be hard. But that is the situation.”

he's been awful this season when given his chance. the crying shame is that if he was on top form he'd walk into our side right now because while voronin's done well i don't think he's good enough to start most league games and dirk's going through an awful time right now. hope crouchy realises how good he's got it here and starts playing like he can because he'd be an asset.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though isn't it. Even Rafa wasn't to know that Crouch wouldn't play as well as he can. As BatChain said, it seems that Yossi has knuckled down and grabbed his chances when he can. Crouch done it last year. He needs to prove that he can do it again.

We'll at least get our money back if he is sold, plus some extra which is unusual when we sell someone on. Still get £10m I reckon.

I have always rated crouch as a great striker.However he is crap at moment.His price tag is spiraling downwards at a vast speed at moment.We should get what we can for him because imo he wont sign new contract.Then there is the problem of replacing him.As for putting rb as striker is a possible but i got to say I still unsure about him.Dosen't anyone else find it strange the boss dosen't play him as a striker? because i sure do.Rotation and the fact we sought of finding it hard to score lately that rb would of been giving a chance.I gather his attitude is. odd he's not arrogant its more his hunger for success or lack off.Anyway yes we should get what we can the tall one but i feel we would need another striker.The lack of a left side player is another of lifes mysteries.Why why why did Rafa not buy one? everyone from the top to the tea lady could see we needed/need one but obviously Rafa didn't.

We should have sold him to Juventus in the summer and got Trezeguet from them, he has scored 7 goals in 6 matches in Serie A now and not one of them are from the penalty spot.

But since that did not happen, we should sell Crouch in January, use Babel as a striker and get a top class winger in that can play both on the right and the left.

Crouch is a top player unfortunately his attitude is up his arse!! Instead of working the balls off himself when he gats a chance (ie. yossi yesterday) he seems uninterested. Anybody wouldbe pissed off when not in the team and the secret is to prove the manager wrong for keeping you on the bench when you get the chance. his confidence is at an all time low, can seem him starting on wed though, another chance for him.....

Guest Seano Kop

Crouchy is a very good player, but I don't think Liverpool really need him. We're overloaded with great strikers, and I want Crouch to find his best, and he can't find it sitting on the subs bench week-in, week-out.

Crouch should know, that if he headworks his way out of the club, Mcmanaman, owen style, in an attempt to get himself a good return on his next move. Then, he'll just look like a cunt and will never be remembered with any real fondness by the majority of Liverpool fans,

Guest Seano Kop
:ermm:

Well we have Torres, Kuyt, Crouch, Voronin, Babel. All quality IMO.

But, being the hypocrite I am, I kinda changed my opinion in the last 6 hours, not that I was just thinking about this topic for 6 hours........

Anyways, I think we should do our best to keep Crouch. We need depth for FA Cup ties, Carling Cup ties, Champions League ties and Premier League matches. It's a very long season, and to maintain good form, the team needs good depth, and Voronin/Crouch are very good depth.

Well we have Torres, Kuyt, Crouch, Voronin, Babel. All quality IMO.

But, being the hypocrite I am, I kinda changed my opinion in the last 6 hours, not that I was just thinking about this topic for 6 hours........

Anyways, I think we should do our best to keep Crouch. We need depth for FA Cup ties, Carling Cup ties, Champions League ties and Premier League matches. It's a very long season, and to maintain good form, the team needs good depth, and Voronin/Crouch are very good depth.

Ok thats fair enough.