You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 6 months later...

Went in a pub other week, soon as we walked in I realised it stunk of wet dog. Literally everyone in looked like smack heads and none of them weighed more than 9 stone. There was a shopping trolley randomly sat in the middle of the floor. The landlord brought us a free whisky as he seemed to think as we were relatively normal we were undercover cops. 

20220402_185735.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Went in a pub other week, soon as we walked in I realised it stunk of wet dog. Literally everyone in looked like smack heads and none of them weighed more than 9 stone. There was a shopping trolley randomly sat in the middle of the floor. The landlord brought us a free whisky as he seemed to think as we were relatively normal we were undercover cops. 

20220402_185735.jpg

Did you have anything to eat? 

I used to drink in the Queen Anne In Vauxhall when I worked at Victoria coach station. They had lunch time strippers who between acts would play pool, winner stays on. They were mainly local mums making a bit of cash whilst their kids were at school so you’d find yourself playing pool with a 30 something mum with stretch marks and a post baby belly in just her greying marks and Spencer’s pants and bra.

It’s now a gastro pub. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I used to drink in the Queen Anne In Vauxhall when I worked at Victoria coach station. They had lunch time strippers who between acts would play pool, winner stays on. They were mainly local mums making a bit of cash whilst their kids were at school so you’d find yourself playing pool with a 30 something mum with stretch marks and a post baby belly in just her greying marks and Spencer’s pants and bra.

It’s now a gastro pub. 

Caesarian Salad.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

When I launch my political career bringing back more rough pubs will be in my manifesto.

It will fail miserably as the rough pubs become CO-OPS and Tesco Express (as is the trend in my current constituency)  and people will shout "where are the rough pubs Dave!?"  

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

It’s now a gastro pub. 

Didn't the landlady of this establishment get murdered on holiday years ago?

Not so much rough- I took my then girlfriend into a pub in Camden Town once- it was about 1130 in the morning, only other person in there was a big guy with greasy long hair wearing a dress and there was a sign stuck to the back of the till saying NO DRUGS AT THE BAR.

Nice

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In a bikers bar years ago, that @Rico1304 might know actually, The Bike & Hound in Hyde, and a guy at the bar pulled at my lip ring, we all have phases!

Anyhow he grabs it and starts pulling, not too hard, but enough for it to not be joking around. Without missing a beat a guy at the bar, a guy I didn’t know, head butted him in one of the most visceral acts of aggression the world has ever know, floors him, doesn’t utter a word and goes back to his pint.

The topless barmaid was dumbfounded.

It was three in the afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

In a bikers bar years ago, that @Rico1304 might know actually, The Bike & Hound in Hyde, and a guy at the bar pulled at my lip ring, we all have phases!

Anyhow he grabs it and starts pulling, not too hard, but enough for it to not be joking around. Without missing a beat a guy at the bar, a guy I didn’t know, head butted him in one of the most visceral acts of aggression the world has ever know, floors him, doesn’t utter a word and goes back to his pint.

The topless barmaid was dumbfounded.

It was three in the afternoon.

I do indeed know it.  Topless barmaids are Thursday nowadays.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking hell, is it still open?

Its been about fifteen/twenty years since I was last in that part of the world and would have assumed it’d been condemned.

It’s in steady decline but still going.  Opens at 9 on a weekend.