You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your worst trainers ever...

19 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Had a pair of these in the 80s:

PONY-SLAM-DUNK-HI-WHT-BLU-CNV-3_4.jpg?fm

They were, indeed, pony - they fell to bits after a few weeks.

First thing I thought of when I seen this thread, my mum bought me some Pony NFL as apparently everyone had them, like these but mine were white with red. They lasted a few weeks after some self sabotage.

Screenshot_20220830-145252_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

First thing I thought of when I seen this thread, my mum bought me some Pony NFL as apparently everyone had them, like these but mine were white with red. They lasted a few weeks after some self sabotage.

Screenshot_20220830-145252_Samsung Internet.jpg

I remember them blue ones, all the kids round our way were wearing them around the mid 80's.

Since the 70's I was always a Samba man with the odd pair of Puma, but I remember my one and only pair of Reebok.

I'd never had smelly feet until I got them things, when I binned them my feet went back to normal. Fucking awful.

I remember being skint and needing new trainees and got a pair of Power Tunis.

They were a black leather indoor f**** shoe and were pretty much indestructible.

Like Samba they took some breaking in and moulded around your foot, but once they had they were actually pretty good apart from the big fuck off tongue that slid down the side of your foot.

I think they were about a tenner when I got them in I think about 1980/81.

Cheap as fuck but way better than them bloody Reeboks.

image.png

Nicks! Now there's a blast from the past. I remember one year (I might have been 6 or 7) I needed a new pair of trainers so I went with my dad to a local shoe shop. The sort of place where both pairs are out on display. I had my eye on some grey Nicks trainers with a velcro strap. The shopkeeper recommended some other trainers which were a black suede-type with laces with white trim. They were probably double the price and to my surprise, my dad also thought they were the better bet. I was set on the Nicks ones though so that's what we bought. The ones I rejected turned out to be Adidas Sambas (the ones without the massive tongue)! A couple of years later, Adidas were again an option and not one I would pass up this time. I swear they were called Adidas Robin but I've never found pictures of them since. They were legit too as they were from Wither's Intersport.