You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's football

Newport

On 07/10/2023 at 12:10, Scott_M said:

I used to quite like Jacqui Oakley as a reporter, she’s been ridiculous this week over the VAR stuff.

”What about the referee’s mental health?”

What about us supporters mental health, Jacqui? I was in a mood until about Tuesday. 

Dare I say it? Time of the month?

I was planning on taking my daughter to Anfield for the women’s game tomorrow. She’s 8 and been on the tour and enjoyed having umpteen pictures with trophies but never to a match…

“I don’t care if it’s your birthday Daddy,  I don’t like football, I’m not interested, I’m not going”.

…little cunt. 

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't know spurs wimmin played at Orient. 

Funny story I heard on the radio a year or so ago. You see those flats with balconies right next to the ground, overlooking it? There's a bloke who lived there, a massive O's fan. He was served with a cease and desist notice a few years back because at the start of every home game he used to put his speakers on the balcony as the teams were walking out, and played the Champions Leage theme at full volume. Outstanding work. 

• Haha 4

Should have been 1-0 up there, wasted.

To be fair to this commentary team I think they've mentioned that Liverpool are playing at least once so far. 

Fuckinell this is a hard watch. Comically shite. Liverpool just literally watched the spurs lass run with the ball from her own half to score. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67659547

I've no time for Joey Barton He is a prick. But when does opinion become misogyny. I fucking hate women having anything to do with the mens game. Play it, go for it, but It is not the same thing. I wish you all the best, hope the womens game is massively successful but get to fuck. Leave us alone.

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67659547

I've no time for Joey Barton He is a prick. But when does opinion become misogyny. I fucking hate women having anything to do with the mens game. Play it, go for it, but It is not the same thing. I wish you all the best, hope the womens game is massively successful but get to fuck. Leave us alone.

Barton is a bellend but he has a point when Souness called a game a proper man’s game a whole load of people were offended by that when we all knew what he meant but it was offensive because there was a female pundit there and then you people comparing her record to a legend like Souness . Womens football does not compare to Mens football they are 2 different games 

16 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Barton is a bellend but he has a point when Souness called a game a proper man’s game a whole load of people were offended by that when we all knew what he meant but it was offensive because there was a female pundit there and then you people comparing her record to a legend like Souness . Womens football does not compare to Mens football they are 2 different games 

I agree . I also don’t quite understand why they want to be part of men’s football other than money . I listened to Hayes last night on the Everton game and she was irritating and intensely boring . Her voice , which she can’t , help is dreadful but if you only had one arm you wouldn’t bother learning semaphore