You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today should have been...

Chris

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My worst fears have been confirmed

That is to say when the take over went through Liverpool became just another football club.

Moores had many faults but I cant believe he would have tolerated this.

Nick, stop it. You have no solid information to back up your claim, so stop trying to score cheap points.

so the outcome of all of this is that Fowler got a shitty send off, fucking 10/10 RTK and all you other moaning twats. Nothing has changed when it comes to ticket allocation and you didn't let anyone know (including Rick Parry) something they didn't already know.

Just imagine if we got relegated; you’d have a job finding a ledge to jump off. Having said that, there would probably be a ballot system which would be skewed so that the most loyal - and therefore most downtrodden fans, would have first dibs of available ledges.

Awesome post, dude.

That Mosiac was a joke and well done to the lads in the middle of the 'D' on the kop part that didn't raise their part.

I hope me and the other 2 from the "Block 106 Row 19 Three" also left out something important when we didnt raise our shitty bits of paper.

I think this whole things is bollocks. Why cry over something that, in doing so, is going to get you fuck all? I agree with the sentiment. This whole thing is bullshit and its really unfair to all of you lot who could've gotten a ticket and didn't. Is this REALLY going to change how you feel about LFC? That's daft if it does, in my opinion. LFC is about tradition and a passionate support. We, the fans, have control over half of that. Why let it go to waste, and become just another club, because Krusty can't do things properly? It's mad.

Just imagine if we got relegated; you’d have a job finding a ledge to jump off. Having said that, there would probably be a ballot system which would be skewed so that the most loyal - and therefore most downtrodden fans, would have first dibs of available ledges.

Put it to bed Rick.

I think this whole things is bollocks. Why cry over something that, in doing so, is going to get you fuck all? I agree with the sentiment. This whole thing is bullshit and its really unfair to all of you lot who could've gotten a ticket and didn't. Is this REALLY going to change how you feel about LFC? That's daft if it does, in my opinion. LFC is about tradition and a passionate support. We, the fans, have control over half of that. Why let it go to waste, and become just another club, because Krusty can't do things properly? It's mad.

Well then you have totaly misunderstood the outrage this has caused amongst loyal, year after year, fans. In all my time following the Reds (i'm 42) i have never encountered such bitterness towards those running the club. Mark my words, this is a very serious problem.

Well then you have totaly misunderstood the outrage this has caused amongst loyal, year after year, fans. In all my time following the Reds (i'm 42) i have never encountered such bitterness towards those running the club. Mark my words, this is a very serious problem.

The Souness years were the worst I've encountered, since I'm not in Liverpool anymore do you think the general feeling today is worse than then? Just a question, no hidden meaning...

I can see that and I guess, as a newish red and an OOT to boot, I just don't (can't?) understand. I can't believe that this will go unnoticed by Hicks and Gilette, although I have expressed skepticism - as they seem to be men of the fans, i would imagine they will have something to say about it. Unless they were behind it of course, which is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Its an opinion FFS

Stop playing god on this site it doesnt suit a short ass from Norway

When you use something you know nothing about to validate your opinion that Liverpool became "just another football club" after the takeover, I think I'm entitled to have a go, yeah? Besides, you're not exactly Peter Crouch yourself!

It's Parry's fucking fault that we're arguing by the way, as he won't be drawn on the numbers game and let thousands of fans with broken hearts get the answers they deserve.

Did I miss some earth shattering demonstration inside the ground today?

I saw the 7,000 tickets banner in the anny rd end, I heard the shouts of tout and fuck off parry that lasted all of 2-3 minutes in the first half. Beyond that I saw very little, certainly nothing that would mark it up as a dark day.

All this melodramatic nonsense about Parry ruining what should have been Fowlers day is quite funny, he didn't ruin it, anyone who couldn't seperate two issues and decided that they were intertwined ruined it.

The lethargic nature of the applause was more likely to come from the energy sapping nature of todays game farcical display (last game of season nothing to play for etc etc) than anything else.

There's a sea change happening. Things may never be the same again. An awful lot of people have had enough.

Nothing gets a message across like a stadium of empty seats. If no-one bothered turning up to important games (even the champs league final) then all of a sudden, instead of the fans lives being turned upside down, the club has to take a massive look at itself. Revolution was never meant to be easy, or fun.

If people want justice, for anything, then they have to stand up and be counted. People Power is the 1 true Power.

With something that fills one's life SO MUCH...like being a fan of a great football club, the spinoff effect of the current situation is massive. Apathy will not stop the rot. This bullshit with the tickets is another symptom of a very sick world, and we play our part by being willing victims. It's said that for every criminal consciousness, there is a victim consciousness.

You're going to laugh at me now or tell me to fuck off and stop being stupid, but my advice to all who were going to the Athens final is this: dont go. The team might lose, wooopty fuckin' doooo...this is peoples lives that are being pissed on..ITS A FUCKING GAME for chrisakes..and an overrated one at that a lot of the time. Dont turn up next season either...If everyone stopped buying season tickets the penny would DROP.

So why the uproar, they're ONLY tickets to a FUCKING GAME.

You can't help yourself can you? He's trying to make a point, just not very well.

Why do you continually take pot shots at what people post? It's obvious what the kid's trying to say.

Firstly I don't think Fowler's send off was ruined. The Fowler chants were loud, as was the ovation when he went off and again right at the end.

What we have missed is the chance to show the new owners (and the media) what we think about the ticket situation. The protest beforehand was decent enough, but like the songs in the boozers often do, failed to transfer into the ground. The ideal would have been raucous support of the team (although I don't remember the atmosphere being that great at the villa game before Istanbul) coupled with vociferous protest about the tickets. In truth neither really happened and that lets Parry off the hook.

The next game at Anfield will either see us as (hopefully) European Champions again and no-one will be worried about tickets, or if we don't do it then we'll only be moaning 'because we lost'.

Parry has let the fans down but we let ourselves down a bit today as well.

The protest outside the ground was a perfect opportunity for all to get involved and stand up for each other. As is life though there are thinkers and there are doers and unfortunately our support is full of too many who will talk about the shortcomings of parry/the ticketing policy/the TO but arnt prepared to stand up for their own rights incase they tinge our perfect 'superfan image'. lost count of how many applauded the chants and banners - ffs if you agree get involved. ok it wasnt the most vociferous protest but it was something and that in my book is better than nothing at all.

that said, today was a complete nothingness - couldnt help but think that this is what it COULD be like if the obvious trend imposed by Parry of disenfranchising the most loyal, hardcore reds is allowed to continue and people 'do' as they are...Sweet fa