You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dead Man's Shoes - Gary Stretch Wikipedia

I watched Dead Man's Shoes for the first time last night (I now realise the reference to 'Cheyne Stoking' under Vladi's name) and thought it more than lived up to all the hype I've heard both on here and from mates who've been going on at me for ages to watch it.

Anyway, I've just been reading up on the film on Wikipedia and clicked on the link to Gary Stretch (the former boxer who played Sonny). Whoever contributed clearly wasn't a fan, have a look for yourselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Stretch

• 16 years later...
1 hour ago, Curly said:

Going to get Mrs curly to watch this with me tonight - not seen it in years. 

We have recently finished beckham and she wants to start that Robbie Williams one next, which I can’t really get enthused about 

Sounds like you need separate living rooms.

Couldn't pay me to watch programmes about David Beckham or the musical antichrist.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Sounds like you need separate living rooms.

Couldn't pay me to watch programmes about David Beckham or the musical antichrist.

Haha. I didn’t mind the Beckham one in the end - he’s quite a sound fella and it was good revisiting some of the football stuff from his time.

This other one is another thing though - I can’t really think why I don’t like him, but I don’t and really don’t know why. Could be interesting I suppose - I bet he’s done some stuff like.

I quite like having something to watch together, so often yield to her, to a point, to facilitate that. 

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

watched it for my first time about a month ago, after constantly seeing positive things about it popping up on facebook.

i thought it was fucking rubbish...up there in my top 5, shit movies ever. 

I can only assume you've seen 5 films in your lifetime.

Got to admit, I watched it about 10 years ago and was a bit confused about the hype I’d heard. Thought it was ok.

Nowhere near the level of disappointment I felt when I watched quadrophenia though. One of the shittest films I’ve ever seen

33 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

watched it for my first time about a month ago, after constantly seeing positive things about it popping up on facebook.

i thought it was fucking rubbish...up there in my top 5, shit movies ever. 

1 minute ago, Curly said:

Got to admit, I watched it about 10 years ago and was a bit confused about the hype I’d heard. Thought it was ok.

Nowhere near the level of disappointment I felt when I watched quadrophenia though. One of the shittest films I’ve ever seen

i just didnt enjoy it. 

funnily enough, i only watched tinker tailor soldier spy last month as well, and had to turn it off after an hour. i hadnt a notion what was going on, the time lines kept jumping back and forth, someone was dead one minute and alive the next. i felt like an absolute moron trying to keep up with it. 

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

i just didnt enjoy it. 

funnily enough, i only watched tinker tailor soldier spy last month as well, and had to turn it off after an hour. i hadnt a notion what was going on, the time lines kept jumping back and forth, someone was dead one minute and alive the next. i felt like an absolute moron trying to keep up with it. 

The film or the BBC adaptation?