You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recomend a beer.

Section_31

Just had a six pack of Budvar because I drank a few with my cousin Furmedge about this time 5 years ago...

Leffe

Erdinger

Hoegaarden

Paulaner

Kilkenny

Kirin

Asahi

Tsingtao

Cricketers Arms - Pale Ale (Aussie beer)

Coopers Pale Ale

Pickled Monkey - craft beer here in Oz 9% and fucking rocket fuel!

Peroni

But there is a Belgian beer Bruges Zöt that is well worth looking into, could top the lot.

I used to be a cider drinker but it was giving me the shits and some bad heartburn.

Never really liked beer, probably because I was drinking shit like fosters when cider wasn't available.

A couple of years ago I went on a bit of a crusade to find a decent beer, and to somewhat aquire a taste for the stuff. Bought like one of each beer I could find, in various supermarkets and off licences etc.

Found a few gems along the way, but this is my go to, lovely stuff, and a decent percentage on it too, so it can do a decent job if I put a few of them away.

720c513a49c6f4cb161a3af057e1a768.jpg

Just had a six pack of Budvar because I drank a few with my cousin Furmedge about 5 years ago

Was this the day out in town when you came to my house with Special Brew the next day after being had off by the off licence?

I used to be a cider drinker but it was giving me the shits and some bad heartburn.

Never really liked beer, probably because I was drinking shit like fosters when cider wasn't available.

A couple of years ago I went on a bit of a crusade to find a decent beer, and to somewhat aquire a taste for the stuff. Bought like one of each beer I could find, in various supermarkets and off licences etc.

Found a few gems along the way, but this is my go to, lovely stuff, and a decent percentage on it too, so it can do a decent job if I put a few of them away.

720c513a49c6f4cb161a3af057e1a768.jpg

Innis & Gunn is an old favourite of the GF. It tends to get a bit sickly if you drink it too often though.

Have you tried the other variations of it?

Innis & Gunn is an old favourite of the GF. It tends to get a bit sickly if you drink it too often though.

Have you tried the other variations of it?

Yeah I can see that, more of a winter beer I think.

Yeah I think I've tried a lot of them, I tend to pick one up if I've not seen it before.

Had the toasted oak ipa recently, that's another decent one.

Yeah I can see that, more of a winter beer I think.

Yeah I think I've tried a lot of them, I tend to pick one up if I've not seen it before.

Had the toasted oak ipa recently, that's another decent one.

The rum finish used to be my favourite. You've inspired me to pick a couple of bottles up actually. I was already thinking that if the weather's nice next week I'll get the BBQ out of the shed, they'll go quite nicely alongside it.

I love beer me, I don't mean that in that billy big bollocks teenage 'I can drink ten pints an hour' bravado way, I just mean as a drink, I love beer. I always think it says a lot about blokes that the people who invented beer were monks, deprived of birds, telly and other worldly pleasures, what did they do? Invented beer. That's officer thinking and makes me proud to be human. 

• Upvote 1

Was this the day out in town when you came to my house with Special Brew the next day after being had off by the off licence?

Hahaha was defo mugged off that day.

Nah it was the night we were in Maghull watching Atletico vs Bilbao in the UEFA Cup Final...

• Upvote 1

I love beer me, I don't mean that in that billy big bollocks teenage 'I can drink ten pints an hour' bravado way, I just mean as a drink, I love beer. I always think it says a lot about blokes that the people who invented beer were monks, deprived of birds, telly and other worldly pleasures, what did they do? Invented beer. That's officer thinking and makes me proud to be human. 

When I was a drinker I always wanted to enjoy beer because of threads like this, and seeing glasses of this beautiful looking liquid with condensation all over it sitting on the bar. Could never get into the taste though, so I only ever drank it to get pissed when I was younger before I moved on to spirits. Same with wine.

Give me a good rum though. I could have a cheeky couple of them just for the taste without having to get leathered. If I ever start drinking again, I'll just go straight to the hard stuff.