You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Festivals.

Spy Bee

Anyone doing any festivals this year?

I was gonna do V due to the great line up but I haven't been organised enough and I'm not paying twive the face value for tickets off touts. I think I'll go to Wakestock. It's got Radio 1 there again this year so you know some good bands will be announced and it's only £75 for a weekend ticket including camping.

Sasquatch festival. Got tickets and camping booked for the weekend.

Line up:

SATURDAY May 26 Bjork, The Arcade Fire, Manu Chao and Radio Bemba Sound System, M.I.A., Citizen Cope, Neko Case, The Hold Steady, Grizzly Bear, Ghostland Observatory, Electrelane, Two Gallants, The Slip, Loney, Dear, Aqueduct, The Thermals, Viva Voce, The Blow, Gabriel Teodros

SUNDAY May 27 Beastie Boys, Interpol, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Spoon, Bad Brains, Ozomatli, Dandy Warhols, The Black Angels, Mirah, Tokyo Police Club, Money Mark, St. Vincent, Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter, Smoosh, Common Market, Helio Sequence, Minus The Bear

venue.jpg

Truck festival on a farm near Oxford in July. So called because originally bands used to play off the back of two trucks. One stage is called "The Barn That Can't Be Named".

Last year had Get Cape, Hundred Reasons, iForward Russia!, Seth Lakeman, Regina Spekor, Lightyear, Mystery Jets, Winnebago Deal, and of course, Jetplane!

Truck festival on a farm near Oxford in July. So called because originally bands used to play off the back of two trucks. One stage is called "The Barn That Can't Be Named".

Last year had Get Cape, Hundred Reasons, iForward Russia!, Seth Lakeman, Regina Spekor, Lightyear, Mystery Jets, Winnebago Deal, and of course, Jetplane!

She is the only one I have heard from that list, mainly because of her unusual videos.

Sasquatch festival. Got tickets and camping booked for the weekend.

Line up:

SATURDAY May 26 Bjork, The Arcade Fire, Manu Chao and Radio Bemba Sound System, M.I.A., Citizen Cope, Neko Case, The Hold Steady, Grizzly Bear, Ghostland Observatory, Electrelane, Two Gallants, The Slip, Loney, Dear, Aqueduct, The Thermals, Viva Voce, The Blow, Gabriel Teodros

SUNDAY May 27 Beastie Boys, Interpol, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Spoon, Bad Brains, Ozomatli, Dandy Warhols, The Black Angels, Mirah, Tokyo Police Club, Money Mark, St. Vincent, Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter, Smoosh, Common Market, Helio Sequence, Minus The Bear

venue.jpg

That is a class line up.

Fuck this indie shite, get some electronica down yer neck here at the Big Chill Festival in Eastnor:

handsintheair_simonknox.jpg

My mates were 'the free huggers' there last year. The big fat one and little girl one. They tried to work out how to get in free and it worked.

I'm off to the 02 thing at Hyde Park as its a mates stag do. Just the Saturday, mind. I dont want to mix with camping commoners do I? Do they camp? Oh i dunno i'm off to work confused again. How did that happen . . . . ?

My mates were 'the free huggers' there last year. The big fat one and little girl one. They tried to work out how to get in free and it worked.

I'm off to the 02 thing at Hyde Park as its a mates stag do. Just the Saturday, mind. I dont want to mix with camping commoners do I? Do they camp? Oh i dunno i'm off to work confused again. How did that happen . . . . ?

:D quality. Never really been clever enough to get gratis entry to a festival, except Glasto in 99 when I went through the fence with about 50,000 other people.

Thinking of going to BC in a campervan this year, touch of class methinks, and none of that tent bollocks.

I fancy going to 'Bestival' on the Isle of Wight purely because Beastie Boys are headlining and I've always wanted to see them and also you can organise to swim from Portsmouth to the Isle of Wight the day the festival opens for charity.................and that fucki*g rocks!!!!!

have to get tickets yet though...................:whistle:

...................................................And find some fucky speedos