You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would it be offensive

Toddler

Stupid question mate - why would a red want to make a banner which took the mick out of one of our players who has never done or said anything bad about the club and during his time here did have the odd good game.

BTW as an aside here one of the things which annoyed me about Stevie Gs book was that it is clear that he has his favourites amongst his teamates and Igor was not one of them - the only time he is mentioned in the whole book was calling him a tit when he got sent off (I think V Everton) - it said something like - 'we were up against it as that tit Igor Biscan got himself sent off' - a totally out of order way to speak about a team mate - love Stevie as a player but this type of thing is why some including me do not like some aspects of his personality as a man - excuse me Stevie but through sheer stupidity didn't you get sent off after 17 minutes last season at Anfield V Everton leaving your teammates to battle for 73 minutes with 10 men? So leave off others then - pot kettle and all that.

Stupid question mate - why would a red want to make a banner which took the mick out of one of our players who has never done or said anything bad about the club and during his time here did have the odd good game.

BTW as an aside here one of the things which annoyed me about Stevie Gs book was that it is clear that he has his favourites amongst his teamates and Igor was not one of them - the only time he is mentioned in the whole book was calling him a tit when he got sent off (I think V Everton) - it said something like - 'we were up against it as that tit Igor Biscan got himself sent off' - a totally out of order way to speak about a team mate - love Stevie as a player but this type of thing is why some including me do not like some aspects of his personality as a man - excuse me Stevie but through sheer stupidity didn't you get sent off after 17 minutes last season at Anfield V Everton leaving your teammates to battle for 73 minutes with 10 men? So leave off others then - pot kettle and all that.

Agreed. It was Marseille away and at least Igor got sent off trying to prevent a goal.

I was thinking of something along the lines of "He made Igor a European Champion...if anyone can win it 6 times, Rafa can!"

It's meant in a loving way!

It might be offensive to Igor and its certainly offensive to me. It would make a shite banner. Keep flags simple.

Guest DamoTheRed

Sorry to go against the grain(again!), but ehres an idea but you 'flagsters' out there...

You go the game, you have few bevvies with your mates, you actually watch the match without feeling the need to parade a badly designed and 99% of the time completely 'unfunny' banner, you then go back the alehouse and go home slightly worse for wear.

Is that so hard? Enough people are laughing at our club at the moment with out giving them more ammunition with these 'witty'(ahem!) banners!!

Just dont do it lads.

Sorry to go against the grain(again!), but ehres an idea but you 'flagsters' out there...

You go the game, you have few bevvies with your mates, you actually watch the match without feeling the need to parade a badly designed and 99% of the time completely 'unfunny' banner, you then go back the alehouse and go home slightly worse for wear.

Is that so hard? Enough people are laughing at our club at the moment with out giving them more ammunition with these 'witty'(ahem!) banners!!

Just dont do it lads.

You are really bothered about what other people think aren't you. Some of the flags are ace. Momo is Boss was legendary. Some aren't so good, but they have always been around. I still remember the City of Manchester - Trophy Free Zone one from the 1986 FA Cup final. You moaning git.