You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

come on then

Paco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

Our form against the top three speaks for itself, it was as someone pointed out earlier 7th January 2004 since we beat chavski in the league.

This has to change, we need to close the gap and become the 'crushing machine' that Rafa wants to see.

If I predict we will win we'll lose, so I'm going for.

1-2 to the chavs and hope the reverse happens.

Are we not the inform team in the league.

Against teams outside of the 'big 4' yes.

There's a clear seperation between that form and the form against them though.

Before every game against the three of them we find reasons why we'll win and why they'll capitulate but it never works out like that. Hopefully we do win, a scrappy goal off Cech's head protector would be great. At the moment a draw would be an improvement though.

The performance is almost as important as the result tomorrow.

how so?

Because questions have been asked about the squads mentality, in the games against Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea once we have gone a goal down our heads have dropped and we've showed no real spirit or desire to get back into the game.

If the same thing happens tomorrow then we've learnt nothing.

I'd rather see us lose but go down fighting tooth and nail than to surrender with little more than a whimper as we've done so far.

I think it was Hermes who earlier made the point and also is the way i think about the game as well. The first goal is so important. We score first and i think we will go on and win by 2 or 3 as the pressure will be on them. If Chelsea score the first goal then im afraid it will be the same old story and our heads will drop.

We must go for them in this game. A draw is no good as i fancy Arsenal to beat Man utd. We need to put down a marker and put a warning out to Barca that the red machine is back in full effect.

One last thing - Serena Williams is a man - fact.

I'm worried about our ability to cope with Drogba, as well as our own options in midfield with so many injured/underperforming players. Having said that, Gerrard is well due a big game against them and a big match-winning performance would cement Dirk's cult status. So, 2-1 (Gerrard, Kuyt, Drogba).

your more full of shit than a realist' date=' they'll have someone in goal that on every corner and cross hes going to shit himself... also Mongo is not playing which is a huge player for them, if we go with the 3-4-3 formation we will twat them....

Pepe

Carra Sami Agger

Finnan Gerrard Xabi Riise

Dirk

Crouch Bellamy

thats a fucking scary line-up, Agger has to play because he had Drogba in his pocket in the Charity Shield game.

Also, if Reading, Fulham and fucking Wigan can score 2 goals against them, we can with that line up I know....[/quote']

well we'll see later today. don't get me wrong i hope you're right, but i've seen nothing in our side to suggest we have what it takes. as for that rubbish about cech shitting himself, if you think a liverpool player will be allowed to come within about 5 yeards of cech, you're kidding yourself. cech's inclusion will help negate the loss of terry for crosses into the box imo. all he'll need to do is kind of head towards the ball and it'll be a free kick to chelsea.

I'm worried about our ability to cope with Drogba, as well as our own options in midfield with so many injured/underperforming players. Having said that, Gerrard is well due a big game against them and a big match-winning performance would cement Dirk's cult status. So, 2-1 (Gerrard, Kuyt, Drogba).

Nail on the head Paul. Drogbas pace and strength scares me and he is bang in form, if we can cope with him, then we will win.

I will go with 2-1, it is usually always the score I take against the " top three ".

I will have 10 euros 2-1 and Kuyt for the first goal 10 euros.

It wont bust the bookie but will pay for the beers.

Nail on the head Paul. Drogbas pace and strength scares me and he is bang in form, if we can cope with him, then we will win.

I will go with 2-1, it is usually always the score I take against the " top three ".

I will have 10 euros 2-1 and Kuyt for the first goal 10 euros.

It wont bust the bookie but will pay for the beers.

It is nice when you get it right. Pushed the boot out and went 20 euros - back of the net.