You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

As someone who's only just moved in with the Mrs, it disturbs me how many people count their small pleasures as the wife/girlfriend not being there. Is this what I've got in store?

It isnt necessarily a reflection on your/one's relationship. Sure, there have been times when I have looked forward to him going out in the way your question suggests but even when things are great, sometimes it really is just nice to have the place to yourself to be able to do exactly what you want, when you want, without having to consider anyone else's needs or wishes

It isnt necessarily a reflection on your/one's relationship. Sure, there have been times when I have looked forward to him going out in the way your question suggests but even when things are great, sometimes it really is just nice to have the place to yourself to be able to do exactly what you want, when you want, without having to consider anyone else's needs or wishes

Correct.

It isnt necessarily a reflection on your/one's relationship. Sure, there have been times when I have looked forward to him going out in the way your question suggests but even when things are great, sometimes it really is just nice to have the place to yourself to be able to do exactly what you want, when you want, without having some cunt telling you when to breathe.

Exactly.

We've only been in there five minutes and already rules appear to have been established about putting shoes by the door and recycling and stuff, needless to say I'm already not sure how I feel about this. I just want to go to bed and watch Rome, I never envisaged myself being Jack Duckworth.

As someone who's only just moved in with the Mrs, it disturbs me how many people count their small pleasures as the wife/girlfriend not being there. Is this what I've got in store?

My wife was due to go to Ibiza last weekend on a hen do, been planned for months and I was looking forward to it more than her. Two days before she's flying out her gran gets rushed to hospital and it was quite serious so she cancels going the hen do. Gutted was an understatement.

Her gran makes a recovery, she loses a few hundred quid and I lost a peaceful long weekend with no grief.

• Upvote 1

We've only been in there five minutes and already rules appear to have been established about putting shoes by the door and recycling and stuff, needless to say I'm already not sure how I feel about this. I just want to go to bed and watch Rome, I never envisaged myself being Jack Duckworth.

Haha! I've always envisaged you as Jack Duckworth Mark.

Scotch eggs.  I've just had one and I wish I had another 25 or so in the fridge.

Perfect "Nope, can't be fucked to spend more than one second preparing some food" food. If I won the lottery the fridge would always be full of Scotch eggs, sausage rolls, samosas, empanadas, and pork pies.